trixienyxie Posted February 28 Posted February 28 21 hours ago, crash1996 said: i had my interview with washU IVC on january 28th (they had reached out to me on monday the 26th) and i just got a phone call this afternoon from john hendrix with "really good news" but i didn't see it when he was calling, so i called and left a message and am waiting to hear back (😭😭😭). they had told me in the interview that they'd be releasing all their decisions on march 1st i believe (that's the impression i got--could be wrong). not sure what that says, but i'm wishing you the best of luck too!! I actually just got a phone call hahaha. Do you think you’ll go to the accepted students weekend? I’d love to connect crash1996 1
crash1996 Posted February 28 Posted February 28 13 minutes ago, trixienyxie said: I actually just got a phone call hahaha. Do you think you’ll go to the accepted students weekend? I’d love to connect aw yay, congrats!! i unfortunately can't go to the accepted students day because of another event i'm signed up to table at, but i'd love to connect--feel free to send me a PM!
orangeorangecake Posted March 1 Posted March 1 5 hours ago, Björk said: Updates: UCSD - Accepted Carnegie Mellon - Accepted VCU - Had a positive interview, but no news yet. Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence My discipline is photo, though I applied to interdisciplinary programs. UCSD's program has great reviews, is fully funded, and it flies a bit under the radar, which I appreciate. Due to funding cuts from the federal government, they had to cut what was a three year program down to two. This kind of hobbles the appeal for me. Carnegie Mellon has a three-year, fully-funded program. It's a private university, so theoretically there's less for me to worry about as the feds try to root out whatever integrity is left in higher education. I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted into VCU as well. Unless UCLA comes with a gangbusters offer, I think I know where I'll go. Even if UCLA did make an offer, I have some issues with their administration's politics. They're not as bad as Columbia, but... Cornell can eat my shorts. Their application process was a mess. I don't expect to hear anything. Someone mentioned getting an interview invitation from Cornell last Monday, but I haven't heard anything! Björk 1
noooooooot Posted March 1 Posted March 1 On 2/25/2026 at 1:15 AM, dislekzo said: how’d it go? what were the questions and what program? mine is next week for integrated practices hey! sorry for the late response. I interviewed for fine arts with a concentration in printmaking. they asked me the basic questions, why mfa now and why pratt, pulled up my portfolio and asked me to describe some works, asked me questions about my interests relating to my portfolio (i had animation so they asked what my favorite movie was), who is an artist i take inspiration from. it was so casual that i thought i was rambling like how i talk normally to my peers because the interviewers started talking amongst themselves as well. BUT! I got my acceptance less than a week later!! prepare enough so you can answer their questions with ease but dont be too nervous. i think they do a great job at making the conversation flow well. it was so much more relaxed than another interview i had, which was boston university, which i got rejected from!! good luck!!!
TyT Posted March 1 Posted March 1 Hi, has anyone heard back from UCLA DMA? I saw someone post their offer on a Chinese forum, but I'm not sure if it's real or not, because the account belongs to a study abroad agency, and I thought DMA usually sends out their offers in early to late March?
noooooooot Posted March 1 Posted March 1 On 2/25/2026 at 12:33 PM, szarh15 said: What did they ask you and was it a panel of people? How was it informal? I have my interview with them tomorrow and I'm so nervous hey! sorry for the late response. i replied to someone else with the same question: I interviewed for fine arts with a concentration in printmaking. they asked me the basic questions, why mfa now and why pratt, pulled up my portfolio and asked me to describe some works, asked me questions about my interests relating to my portfolio (i had animation so they asked what my favorite movie was), who is an artist i take inspiration from. it was so casual that i thought i was rambling like how i talk normally to my peers because the interviewers started talking amongst themselves as well. BUT! I got my acceptance less than a week later!! prepare enough so you can answer their questions with ease but dont be too nervous. i think they do a great job at making the conversation flow well. it was so much more relaxed than another interview i had, which was boston university, which i got rejected from!! i know these answers are probably useless cuz you had your interview already but i hope it went well and it eased your mind a bit! good luck with everything!
kittykitty Posted March 1 Posted March 1 I had my interview with VCU on Friday! How do you guys handle this waiting game? I’m going crazy and its been two days
noooooooot Posted March 1 Posted March 1 can anyone please tell me if tyler school of art does interviews? my practice is printmaking and in another post someone said that their internal deadline got pushed from Feb 20th to a later date. I'm wondering if i should give up cuz i didn't get an interview request
146sba Posted March 1 Posted March 1 On 2/26/2026 at 4:39 PM, marxista said: anyone heard back from UCLA post interview? New Genres particularly? I got accepted (painting/drawing) (!) yesterday officially. my interview was back in early feb and i got a soft acceptance email from the department 2 weeks after waiting2026 1
Silliestgoose Posted March 1 Posted March 1 1 hour ago, 146sba said: I got accepted (painting/drawing) (!) yesterday officially. my interview was back in early feb and i got a soft acceptance email from the department 2 weeks after What is a soft acceptance email?
VaaanV Posted March 1 Posted March 1 On 2/26/2026 at 3:36 PM, Cclaura said: Interviews were last week. Do you know specifically which programs have already had interviews?
Cclaura Posted March 1 Posted March 1 1 minute ago, VaaanV said: Do you know specifically which programs have already had interviews? It’s interdisciplinary, so all the MFA studio art people would be my guess.
VaaanV Posted March 1 Posted March 1 8 minutes ago, Cclaura said: Es interdisciplinario, así que supongo que se trata de toda la gente del estudio de arte del MFA. Yeas, They have different areas: 2D, 3D, and Extended Media Studies, Photography, Video and Imaging, and Interdisciplinary Practice. To be honest, I haven't heard anyone else mention getting an interview or being rejected. That's why I wanted to know if there's any news about the Photography, Video, and Imaging area.
Cclaura Posted March 1 Posted March 1 (edited) 6 minutes ago, VaaanV said: Yeas, They have different areas: 2D, 3D, and Extended Media Studies, Photography, Video and Imaging, and Interdisciplinary Practice. To be honest, I haven't heard anyone else mention getting an interview or being rejected. That's why I wanted to know if there's any news about the Photography, Video, and Imaging area. I specifically interviewed for photography/video/imaging. They gave me about six interview slots to choose from, so I don’t think they interviewed many ppl. Edited March 1 by Cclaura
VaaanV Posted March 1 Posted March 1 4 minutes ago, Cclaura said: I specific I specifically interviewed for photography/video/imaging. Thanks, finally some news! I think I can officially consider myself rejected. Did they accept you? I really hope so.
Cclaura Posted March 1 Posted March 1 3 minutes ago, VaaanV said: Thanks, finally some news! I think I can officially consider myself rejected. Did they accept you? I really hope so. I haven’t heard back yet. I really felt good about the interview tho! I’m flying to Tucson at the end of March to check out the town because I’ve never been there before and want to make sure it’s a good fit if they do accept me. 🤞🏽 I’ve also interviewed for 6 other places, other than Oregon, Arizona was my favorite.
Q-Q8 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 7 hours ago, noooooooot said: 请问有人知道泰勒艺术学院是否进行面试吗?我的专业是版画,之前看到有人说他们内部申请截止日期从2月20日延后了。我还没收到面试邀请,不知道是不是该放弃了。 I think they have completed the interviews. Their offers have been sent out, inviting students to visit the campus on March 12th and 26th.
Q-Q8 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 18 hours ago, TyT said: 大家好,有人收到UCLA DMA的录取通知了吗? 我在一个中国论坛上看到有人发帖说收到了录取通知,但我不确定是不是真的,因为那个账号属于一家留学中介,而且我 记得DMA一般会在三月初到三月底发出录取通知? I think the first group students already received the offers.
noooooooot Posted March 2 Posted March 2 2 hours ago, Q-Q8 said: I think they have completed the interviews. Their offers have been sent out, inviting students to visit the campus on March 12th and 26th. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for printmaking....? my top choice school :(((
kjkjkj1222 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 On 2/27/2026 at 7:45 AM, Q-Q8 said: I will go Do you get accepted? Thanks for the response!
Yoasianguy Posted March 2 Posted March 2 On 2/26/2026 at 5:26 PM, Cclaura said: It’s so anxiety inducing because they were my first interview back in January. Lol. So the amount of time between then and now makes me second and third and forth guess myself. Lol. Just tell me one way or the other! The result just came out. I got waitlisted 🥲
Cclaura Posted March 2 Posted March 2 6 minutes ago, Yoasianguy said: The result just came out. I got waitlisted 🥲 Idk if it’s a good or a bad sign but mystatus hasn’t changed from “under review” and no emails yet either. 😩
dislekzo Posted March 2 Posted March 2 16 hours ago, Q-Q8 said: I think they have completed the interviews. Their offers have been sent out, inviting students to visit the campus on March 12th and 26th. what school?
MFA26 Posted March 2 Posted March 2 My results so far: Northwestern: Accepted University of Michigan: Accepted Carnegie Mellon: Accepted University of Chicago: Waitlisted UPenn: Interviewed, pending Hope everyone still waiting gets good news soon! crash1996, courierstrocked and sillypersimmon.21 3
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now