dislekzo Posted February 25 Posted February 25 (edited) idk if anybody here applied to Parsons fine arts, but let me tell you how weird that interview was.. they had a few professors that literally looked and sounded like robots asking questions. none of them had a single smile on their face and looked like they didn’t have interest in what they were hearing about my work, even though they invited me to be there. i felt so awkward and wondering if that is the atmosphere of the school in general… Edited February 25 by dislekzo Moodyapplier 1
sculptor5711 Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Hi! I have yet to hear anything from my dream school, ASU. I was wondering if they conduct interviews for all final applicants. SInce I havent received an interview invitation yet, its February 25th, does that mean I have been rejected? Any insight would help! Thanks!
dislekzo Posted February 25 Posted February 25 1 hour ago, sloan said: ok so just to confirm for my fellow saic interviewees—-as far as we can tell only photo and painting have heard back? im wondering if they r gonna wait till the end of their new deadline to send out acceptances… I applied to Sculpture by the first deadline and never heard back either… NanBan 1
tooold4artschool Posted February 25 Posted February 25 2 hours ago, dislekzo said: idk if anybody here applied to Parsons fine arts, but let me tell you how weird that interview was.. they had a few professors that literally looked and sounded like robots asking questions. none of them had a single smile on their face and looked like they didn’t have interest in what they were hearing about my work, even though they invited me to be there. i felt so awkward and wondering if that is the atmosphere of the school in general… When was your interview? I heard that Monday was a whole thing because of the blizzard, so that might've affected things. I just had my interview, and the team was great. All of my experiences with the folks in admissions and the department at Parsons have been very positive and professional. Also, if you haven't already, you should visit to get a better idea of the atmosphere there. I don't think any interviews are relatable to the experience of being in a program. In the interest of fairness to applicants, the interviewers often just read questions and then let the applicant ramble if they want.
goodboycerberus Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Accepted to Cranbrook, waiting to hear back about funding. Also just got news that I got into UIUC. crash1996 and TwhowantsanMFA 2
artschoolfrenzy Posted February 25 Posted February 25 46 minutes ago, goodboycerberus said: Accepted to Cranbrook, waiting to hear back about funding. congrats! which discipline?
szarh15 Posted February 25 Posted February 25 18 hours ago, noooooooot said: had my interview with pratt... i feel like i was rambling because it felt informal. im not sure if i gave good answers. anyone also had their interview for pratt and want to share their experience? What did they ask you and was it a panel of people? How was it informal? I have my interview with them tomorrow and I'm so nervous
NanBan Posted February 25 Posted February 25 5 hours ago, sloan said: ok so just to confirm for my fellow saic interviewees—-as far as we can tell only photo and painting have heard back? im wondering if they r gonna wait till the end of their new deadline to send out acceptances… Im waiting to hear from saic low res post interview. Anyone else in the same boat? I’m guessing we will hear post 3/1 due to the deadline change.
Headlessowl Posted February 25 Posted February 25 I just got accepted into Tulane's MFA Studio Art program with the focus on photography!!! They also guaranteed full tuition is covered+stipend and free health insurance which makes me ecstatic. In addition to that I had my interview with HDK Valand this morning, and it felt very rushed on my end, but it was also 4:30 in the morning so I am not that stressed about it. Tomorrow I have my interview with CalArts tomorrow which honestly I think will be a fun time, but its nice to have an acceptance from one of, if not my top school. I am pretty sure Tulane is where I will be going unless the Adler scholarship (full ride) for Valand goes to me. I am still looking forward to hearing back from SAIC and their funding offer for FNVMA as well as UCLA, but I do not have high hopes that it can compete with Tulane. No-Evidence8843, Yoasianguy and NanBan 3
ninjafrog Posted February 25 Posted February 25 Is there anyone who’s accepted from SVA mfa design? i got accepted on early Feb but I just got an interview email for next round for consideration and to the program. does anyone have the same situation? I’m so worried whether my acceptance was an error…
artschoolfrenzy Posted February 26 Posted February 26 9 minutes ago, ninjafrog said: Is there anyone who’s accepted from SVA mfa design? i got accepted on early Feb but I just got an interview email for next round for consideration and to the program. does anyone have the same situation? I’m so worried whether my acceptance was an error… I would check in your portal and see if there is info saying you are accepted? Probably the second interview request is the error.
ninjafrog Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) 2 minutes ago, artschoolfrenzy said: I would check in your portal and see if there is info saying you are accepted? Probably the second interview request is the error. I double checked the portal and admission center and they all said I’m accepted. I didn’t do interview, and straightly got acceptance on early Feb… and the department sent an interview request today, saying ‘next round for consideration to the program’… Edited February 26 by ninjafrog
Björk Posted February 26 Posted February 26 37 minutes ago, Headlessowl said: I just got accepted into Tulane's MFA Studio Art program with the focus on photography!!! They also guaranteed full tuition is covered+stipend and free health insurance which makes me ecstatic. In addition to that I had my interview with HDK Valand this morning, and it felt very rushed on my end, but it was also 4:30 in the morning so I am not that stressed about it. Tomorrow I have my interview with CalArts tomorrow which honestly I think will be a fun time, but its nice to have an acceptance from one of, if not my top school. I am pretty sure Tulane is where I will be going unless the Adler scholarship (full ride) for Valand goes to me. I am still looking forward to hearing back from SAIC and their funding offer for FNVMA as well as UCLA, but I do not have high hopes that it can compete with Tulane. Have you heard anything at all from UCLA? A few years ago, their MFA photo program was fully funded. They lost the grad director who fought for that to become real, but I would hope nothing has changed. Then again, who knows. UCLA seems pretty embattled these days. Congrats on Tulane!
artschoolfrenzy Posted February 26 Posted February 26 21 minutes ago, ninjafrog said: I didn’t do interview, and straightly got acceptance on early Feb… and the department sent an interview request today, saying ‘next round for consideration to the program’… I guess the only thing to do is email them and ask?
ninjafrog Posted February 26 Posted February 26 3 hours ago, artschoolfrenzy said: I guess the only thing to do is email them and ask? Yeah I should.. Hope everything's allright. Thank you! artschoolfrenzy 1
paintstress Posted February 26 Posted February 26 anyone on the uchicago waitlist planning on going to the prospective student day? anyone accepted to uchicago planning on declining?
kjkjkj1222 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 51 minutes ago, paintstress said: anyone on the uchicago waitlist planning on going to the prospective student day? anyone accepted to uchicago planning on declining? Got waitlist of uchicago too. It's my top choice
paintstress Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) Just now, kjkjkj1222 said: Got waitlist of uchicago too. It's my top choice are you going to the event thing? Edited February 26 by paintstress
kjkjkj1222 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 (edited) 2 hours ago, paintstress said: are you going to the event thing? nah, I'm not in US and it takes ~30 hrs for the flight to Chicago. Edited February 26 by kjkjkj1222
ninjafrog Posted February 26 Posted February 26 Mfa schools keep sending me to submit the enrollment fee to secure my spot — enroll at my earliest convenience, as spaces fill up quickly. this is my first time to apply mfa studies, so I don’t know about the general timeline for making a final decision. I’ve applied 7 schools, and only three of them sent me acceptance letters, and rest of four, I’m waiting for the result. since schools that I admitted keep sending me an enrollment fee to spot my space, I’m kinda wondering when should I make a decision. What if I submit my enrollment payment around April but they say there’s no spot? I’m so anxious Rn
crash1996 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 just got a call from the comics chair at SAIC and they said i was accepted with a 50% merit scholarship!! (specifically for their comics MFA). waiting until march 1st to see what my offer's like from washU (ivc)... hoping to negotiate with SAIC further since i've had a really great experience thru the interview so far, and chicago seems awesome...but the price tag is still too much for sure 😅😭 No-Evidence8843 1
fancywriter14 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 I saw that some people had decisions from SAIC for photo? Did you guys have interviews?
waiting2026 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 just got accepted to saic!! (fvnma) No-Evidence8843 and NanBan 2
emarinphoto Posted February 26 Posted February 26 1 hour ago, fancywriter14 said: I saw that some people had decisions from SAIC for photo? Did you guys have interviews? I just got an acceptance for SAIC photo!! I didn’t have an interview though so it was quite a shock. Will have to see what the financial offer looks like. NanBan and No-Evidence8843 2
fancywriter14 Posted February 26 Posted February 26 2 minutes ago, emarinphoto said: I just got an acceptance for SAIC photo!! I didn’t have an interview though so it was quite a shock. Will have to see what the financial offer looks like. Eek! Congratulations. I still haven't heard anything and it's killing me (no interview). Wish me luck and hope that I hear something today or else I'm going to lose my ever-loving mind!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now