trixienyxie Posted February 27 Posted February 27 currently waiting for washu mfa ivc (illustration & visual culture) and mica mfa illustration! i had interviews for both; washu went well but i completely bombed the mica one. is anyone else waiting for washu ivc decisions?? it’s my top program and i’m freaking out lol. also, for anyone applying to the sam fox school of arts at washu (just any art mfa there), did you hear anything about the Sam fox ambassadors program yet? The website said there will be interviews if you’re being considered and i haven’t heard anything. best of luck everyone!!
sillypersimmon.21 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 Just found out that I got accepted into the University of Michigan!! kittykitty, NanBan, nonbinarystarshine and 2 others 4 1
No-Evidence8843 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 34 minutes ago, sillypersimmon.21 said: Just found out that I got accepted into the University of Michigan!! Did they offer a teaching assistantship with full tuition waiver or other type of assistantship with the 70% tuition remission?
sillypersimmon.21 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 7 minutes ago, No-Evidence8843 said: Did they offer a teaching assistantship with full tuition waiver or other type of assistantship with the 70% tuition remission? I was offered a teaching assistantship for both years with full tuition waiver + stipend! NanBan and nonbinarystarshine 2
marxista Posted February 27 Posted February 27 7 hours ago, courierstrocked said: What discipline for columbia? Photo, got accepted over the phone though lol
Emolibra97 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 15 minutes ago, marxista said: Photo, got accepted over the phone though lol Congrats!! Was this your top choice?
marxista Posted February 27 Posted February 27 28 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said: Congrats!! Was this your top choice? Nope! UCLA then RISD are. I am not okay with what Columbia has been up to and my friends in NYC say its not worth the amount of money it costs.
crash1996 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 4 hours ago, trixienyxie said: currently waiting for washu mfa ivc (illustration & visual culture) and mica mfa illustration! i had interviews for both; washu went well but i completely bombed the mica one. is anyone else waiting for washu ivc decisions?? it’s my top program and i’m freaking out lol. also, for anyone applying to the sam fox school of arts at washu (just any art mfa there), did you hear anything about the Sam fox ambassadors program yet? The website said there will be interviews if you’re being considered and i haven’t heard anything. best of luck everyone!! i had my interview with washU IVC on january 28th (they had reached out to me on monday the 26th) and i just got a phone call this afternoon from john hendrix with "really good news" but i didn't see it when he was calling, so i called and left a message and am waiting to hear back (😭😭😭). they had told me in the interview that they'd be releasing all their decisions on march 1st i believe (that's the impression i got--could be wrong). not sure what that says, but i'm wishing you the best of luck too!!
sillypersimmon.21 Posted February 27 Posted February 27 Was also just accepted into Syracuse! Did not get an email yet but I logged into the portal and my offer letter was in there. I was only offered a 60% scholarship which isn't enough for me to go and in comparison to other offers so far, but still very exciting! NanBan 1
trixienyxie Posted February 27 Posted February 27 1 minute ago, crash1996 said: i had my interview with washU IVC on january 28th (they had reached out to me on monday the 26th) and i just got a phone call this afternoon from john hendrix with "really good news" but i didn't see it when he was calling, so i called and left a message and am waiting to hear back (😭😭😭). they had told me in the interview that they'd be releasing all their decisions on march 1st i believe (that's the impression i got--could be wrong). not sure what that says, but i'm wishing you the best of luck too!! damn, i didn’t get a call! we’ll see what happens on March 1st, huge congrats!!! crash1996 1
Lyssartist Posted February 28 Posted February 28 4 hours ago, sillypersimmon.21 said: Just found out that I got accepted into the University of Michigan!! I was accepted also!! Do you think you’ll attend? We should connect! Congratulations! sillypersimmon.21 1
sillypersimmon.21 Posted February 28 Posted February 28 42 minutes ago, Lyssartist said: I was accepted also!! Do you think you’ll attend? We should connect! Congratulations! Oh so exciting! Congrats to you as well!! It's one of my top choices, I'd love to connect I'll send you a message!
lrnpntng Posted February 28 Posted February 28 7 hours ago, sillypersimmon.21 said: Was also just accepted into Syracuse! Did not get an email yet but I logged into the portal and my offer letter was in there. I was only offered a 60% scholarship which isn't enough for me to go and in comparison to other offers so far, but still very exciting! Congrats!! What's your concentration?? I got accepted as well!! I got the same exact scholarship, I'm hoping it's the generic acceptance letter and we'll get more specific funding from the VPA School. This was my top choice so if not...time to negotiate!! 😛 sillypersimmon.21 1
Guest Posted February 28 Posted February 28 On 2/25/2026 at 10:36 AM, tooold4artschool said: When was your interview? I heard that Monday was a whole thing because of the blizzard, so that might've affected things. I just had my interview, and the team was great. All of my experiences with the folks in admissions and the department at Parsons have been very positive and professional. Also, if you haven't already, you should visit to get a better idea of the atmosphere there. I don't think any interviews are relatable to the experience of being in a program. In the interest of fairness to applicants, the interviewers often just read questions and then let the applicant ramble if they want. I have two friends who went there in the last ten years. They're both international students and they both have said some version of the following, "I just wanted to move to New York." + "I didn't really know what schools to apply to." + "I only went because I got pretty much a full ride." + "I'm not friends with anyone I went to grad school with."
sloan Posted February 28 Posted February 28 Just got into SAIC printmedia MFA!! No scholarship offer, but it seems like that might come later or in a diff letter after I send my official transcript??
JonCone Posted February 28 Posted February 28 does anybody hear back from Notre Dame, IU Indianapolis, and University of Louisville? its killing me though
Björk Posted February 28 Posted February 28 Updates: UCSD - Accepted Carnegie Mellon - Accepted VCU - Had a positive interview, but no news yet. Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence My discipline is photo, though I applied to interdisciplinary programs. UCSD's program has great reviews, is fully funded, and it flies a bit under the radar, which I appreciate. Due to funding cuts from the federal government, they had to cut what was a three year program down to two. This kind of hobbles the appeal for me. Carnegie Mellon has a three-year, fully-funded program. It's a private university, so theoretically there's less for me to worry about as the feds try to root out whatever integrity is left in higher education. I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted into VCU as well. Unless UCLA comes with a gangbusters offer, I think I know where I'll go. Even if UCLA did make an offer, I have some issues with their administration's politics. They're not as bad as Columbia, but... Cornell can eat my shorts. Their application process was a mess. I don't expect to hear anything. crash1996, Headlessowl, sillypersimmon.21 and 2 others 4 1
trixienyxie Posted February 28 Posted February 28 7 minutes ago, Björk said: Updates: UCSD - Accepted Carnegie Mellon - Accepted VCU - Had a positive interview, but no news yet. Cornell - Silence UCLA - Silence My discipline is photo, though I applied to interdisciplinary programs. UCSD's program has great reviews, is fully funded, and it flies a bit under the radar, which I appreciate. Due to funding cuts from the federal government, they had to cut what was a three year program down to two. This kind of hobbles the appeal for me. Carnegie Mellon has a three-year, fully-funded program. It's a private university, so theoretically there's less for me to worry about as the feds try to root out whatever integrity is left in higher education. I'm fairly confident I'll be accepted into VCU as well. Unless UCLA comes with a gangbusters offer, I think I know where I'll go. Even if UCLA did make an offer, I have some issues with their administration's politics. They're not as bad as Columbia, but... Cornell can eat my shorts. Their application process was a mess. I don't expect to hear anything. i live in Pittsburgh and CMU has a beautiful campus and is a great school. Congrats!! Björk 1
marxista Posted February 28 Posted February 28 one thing I learnt from talking to alumni from UC’s is that for the last years SD>LA=Irvine in terms of art making and environment. A lot of folks, including its own grads, look at UCLA as a very commercially driven program, whereas UCSD has a very eclectic and diverse program. Irvine is in the middle but new generation of faculty is “heavily” shifting things around. Björk 1
fafd Posted February 28 Posted February 28 (edited) I had an interview with RISD for the FD program over 3 weeks ago and still have no news even though one of the interviewers told me I should hear back shortly. Getting to the point where I've almost fully lost hope... Edited February 28 by fafd
jobahza Posted February 28 Posted February 28 On 2/26/2026 at 3:36 PM, Cclaura said: Interviews were last week. They said all interviews happened last week? So lame cause their communication has been so bad.
Cclaura Posted February 28 Posted February 28 10 minutes ago, jobahza said: They said all interviews happened last week? So lame cause their communication has been so bad. They were on Friday. Most schools do them all at once.
Silliestgoose Posted February 28 Posted February 28 3 hours ago, JonCone said: does anybody hear back from Notre Dame, IU Indianapolis, and University of Louisville? its killing me though I heard back from Indiana. I had an interview. Waiting on acceptance or denial tho…:/ they said first week of march is what they were shooting for in terms of getting back to people
JonCone Posted February 28 Posted February 28 9 minutes ago, Silliestgoose said: I heard back from Indiana. I had an interview. Waiting on acceptance or denial tho…:/ they said first week of march is what they were shooting for in terms of getting back to people Hope they will send you an offer! I think the IUB has ghosted me...But I had an interview with IU Indianapolis, still waiting for result
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now