ReamsOfPaper Posted March 4 Posted March 4 (edited) 17 minutes ago, noplace said: has anyone who applied for visual arts/ painting drawing heard back from hunter or columbia after interview? No word for me yet from Hunter. My interview was 2/21. A CUNY program randomly followed me on Instagram though? Edited March 4 by ReamsOfPaper
courierstrocked Posted March 4 Posted March 4 29 minutes ago, noplace said: has anyone who applied for visual arts/ painting drawing heard back from hunter or columbia after interview? not yet from columbia
noplace Posted March 4 Posted March 4 40 minutes ago, dada123 said: Not yet.. when was your interview? hunter was feb 21, columbia was the 27th
orangeorangecake Posted March 4 Posted March 4 (edited) Received an official offer from Cranbrook print media, but I only have 14 days to make a decision. I'm still waiting for responses from GoldSmiths and NYU. About NYU, if anyone else is waiting, they told me this week is still interview week. Results will be released over the next few weeks, and their spring break begins on the 16th. Edited March 4 by orangeorangecake
strangledcrane Posted March 4 Posted March 4 (edited) 1 hour ago, NanBan said: I’m sure the answer is “rejected” but just putting it out there: if I did NOT get invited to interview with Bard (Painting), but I have NOT heard anything at all from them, I’m rejected—right? (it’s ok, I got in to saic and MassArt low res programs, I’m just trying to get the full picture of my options) I applied to Bard as a painter, and I interviewed last Friday. I was asked to interview several days after the invite date on the website. I don't know whether that means I was backup for someone who declined an interview, the deadlines on the website are not absolute, or something else. As far as I know, all the interviews took place last Friday and Saturday, and we are supposed to get a decision this Friday. I can't say if there is any precedent for admission without an interview. Congratulations on your admission to SAIC and MassArt! Edited March 4 by strangledcrane NanBan 1
dada123 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Has anyone received decisions from Columbia MFA Visual Arts yet? noplace 1
orangeorangecake Posted March 4 Posted March 4 2 hours ago, NanBan said: I’m sure the answer is “rejected” but just putting it out there: if I did NOT get invited to interview with Bard (Painting), but I have NOT heard anything at all from them, I’m rejected—right? (it’s ok, I got in to saic and MassArt low res programs, I’m just trying to get the full picture of my options) Same situation, I was ghosted by three Ivy League schools: Penn, Cornell, and Columbia. I didn't get anything from any of them. I recall someone mentioning that waitlisted candidates are also selected from those who made it to the interview stage. I was probably rejected.
artdumpingground Posted March 4 Posted March 4 I interviewed for Columbia's MFA Visual Arts (photography) on February 15th and got the news that I was accepted through a phone call on February 19th. I still haven't heard anything about scholarships or aid yet though. They did say that the photography department was the first to send out notifications so it might be different for other disciplines.
dada123 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 3 minutes ago, artdumpingground said: I interviewed for Columbia's MFA Visual Arts (photography) on February 15th and got the news that I was accepted through a phone call on February 19th. I still haven't heard anything about scholarships or aid yet though. They did say that the photography department was the first to send out notifications so it might be different for other disciplines. Thanks you! Do you think this means that all the photography acceptances have already gone out?
noplace Posted March 4 Posted March 4 has anyone heard from columbia mfa visual arts? anyone who interviewed
artworkaholic Posted March 4 Posted March 4 On 3/3/2026 at 3:17 PM, sillypersimmon.21 said: I haven't heard anything yet! Fingers crossed we hear soon! Did you had a interview?
sillypersimmon.21 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 19 minutes ago, artworkaholic said: Did you had a interview? Yes I did, 2 weeks ago!
Emolibra97 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Has anyone heard anything from UCLA? I think at this point they will just share decision all together mid-march? Did anyone who had an interview has any intel of when the entire faculty were doing their final meeting?
perchperkins Posted March 4 Posted March 4 Has anyone who has gotten an informal acceptance to RISD gotten their formal acceptance and financial aid offer yet? I received my informal acceptance like over 2 weeks ago so im not sure why its taking so long?
marxista Posted March 4 Posted March 4 58 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said: Has anyone heard anything from UCLA? I think at this point they will just share decision all together mid-march? Did anyone who had an interview has any intel of when the entire faculty were doing their final meeting? pretty sure they sent/are sending emails to accepted applicants around now
Emolibra97 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 1 hour ago, marxista said: pretty sure they sent/are sending emails to accepted applicants around now Wait what makes you say that? Do you know of someone who has now been accepted? I don't want to lose hope yet 😭
mfa20262026 Posted March 4 Posted March 4 2 hours ago, perchperkins said: Has anyone who has gotten an informal acceptance to RISD gotten their formal acceptance and financial aid offer yet? I received my informal acceptance like over 2 weeks ago so im not sure why its taking so long? what medium did you apply for? I heard official acceptances are coming in Friday but not sure if that's true
perchperkins Posted March 4 Posted March 4 8 minutes ago, mfa20262026 said: what medium did you apply for? I heard official acceptances are coming in Friday but not sure if that's true Printmaking! Thanks for the info, I hope they come in friday
marxista Posted March 5 Posted March 5 1 hour ago, Emolibra97 said: Wait what makes you say that? Do you know of someone who has now been accepted? I don't want to lose hope yet 😭 My friend got an informal acceptance email a couple weeks after the interview. Not the norm, but if your medium is not painting or sculpture, they may have sent informal acceptance already. Definitely don’t loose hope though. There are documented cases of ppl who got in without one and even without an interview brooklyn818 1
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 5 Posted March 5 Does anyone have any experience on interviewing at Goldsmiths? I saw on past years threads that they were confrontational and just want to know what to expect. Thanks!
sculptor5711 Posted March 5 Posted March 5 On 3/2/2026 at 2:24 PM, Yoasianguy said: UT Austin I just got my rejection
pisschristdad Posted March 5 Posted March 5 On 3/3/2026 at 8:03 PM, Indigoshale said: Anyone hear from Rutgers yet after the interview? no i’m trying not to freak out but i’ve been feeling so on edge 😭. i interviewed feb 23 and i feel like the interview did not go well. i also interviewed for umd feb 13 and they said i would hear back the next week but not to worry if it was later. but now it’s been much later. has anyone else heard back from rutgers or umd?
Indigoshale Posted March 5 Posted March 5 7 minutes ago, pisschristdad said: no i’m trying not to freak out but i’ve been feeling so on edge 😭. i interviewed feb 23 and i feel like the interview did not go well. i also interviewed for umd feb 13 and they said i would hear back the next week but not to worry if it was later. but now it’s been much later. has anyone else heard back from rutgers or umd? UMD sent out offers and waitlist notifications last week. Perhaps they are holding back on rejections, in case they need to work their way down the list? I'm not sure
pisschristdad Posted March 5 Posted March 5 7 minutes ago, Indigoshale said: UMD sent out offers and waitlist notifications last week. Perhaps they are holding back on rejections, in case they need to work their way down the list? I'm not sure damn ok i assume it’s rejection for me then?
TyT Posted March 5 Posted March 5 I got waitlisted for UCLA DMA. Does anyone know if there's a good chance of getting off the waitlist?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now