GraphicDesignLover Posted March 10 Posted March 10 (edited) Has anyone heard from MICA or VCU post interview?? Edited March 10 by GraphicDesignLover
dislekzo Posted March 10 Posted March 10 57 minutes ago, szarh15 said: Got my acceptance email from Pratt for painting! Anyone who got funding -- was that included in your acceptance letter or was a different email/message sent out? I would love to go here, but I cannot justify the price tag with no additional funding. Also, which department would I reach out to to ask about funding? I've seen people here say they've gotten schools to give additional money outside of scholarships and knock the price off the final cost. Any advice would be much appreciated. i received a scholarship offer in my admittance letter. but tbh its looking ridiculous it’s too expensive and it might only cover 1/4 of the full tuition. i reached out to them asking the amount to be increased but i was told it isn’t guaranteed but they’ll try. still holding. try to reach out to whoever your grad advisor is and cc the chair who sent you the admission letter szarh15 1
kittykitty Posted March 10 Posted March 10 (edited) i emailed for painting in February and haven’t heard back yet!! Edited March 10 by kittykitty
Autumn2026 Posted March 10 Posted March 10 2 hours ago, Cclaura said: Impatiently awaiting Arizona. Lol. The grad head did email me last night about setting up a visit, so fingers crossed I get an offer soon. 🤞🏽 I’m guessing you interviewed? What discipline are you?
Cclaura Posted March 10 Posted March 10 26 minutes ago, Autumn2026 said: I’m guessing you interviewed? What discipline are you? Yes! I interviewed. I applied just for general studio art but the photography/video professors were essentially the only ones in the interview so I think that’s the path they would want me on.
ferretpalace Posted March 10 Posted March 10 Just got accepted to MICA painting if thats helpful for anyone!
sillypersimmon.21 Posted March 10 Posted March 10 (edited) Reached out to UCI since they were the last school I was really waiting on (and definitely one of my top choices), found out I'm waitlisted - nothing showing up on the portal yet. Edited March 10 by sillypersimmon.21 artworkaholic 1
RevolutionNowandForever Posted March 10 Posted March 10 I got accepted today to Leroy Hoffberger School of Painting at MICA with some funding, but I need to try to negotiate a better financial offer. So far, I have been accepted to VCU with a tuition waiver and a stipend, as well as WashU and Pratt. Still waiting to hear from CalArts, and Alfred where I applied because they spend two semesters in Germany, which I would love. The only one with enough funding is VCU, but MICA is really good for painting, so that is possible. I'll probably go to VCU.
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 11 Posted March 11 19 minutes ago, RevolutionNowandForever said: I got accepted today to Leroy Hoffberger School of Painting at MICA with some funding, but I need to try to negotiate a better financial offer. So far, I have been accepted to VCU with a tuition waiver and a stipend, as well as WashU and Pratt. Still waiting to hear from CalArts, and Alfred where I applied because they spend two semesters in Germany, which I would love. The only one with enough funding is VCU, but MICA is really good for painting, so that is possible. I'll probably go to VCU. how long after pratt interview did you hear back? I scheduled my interview on the later side and a bit confused that they already started releasing decisions?
RevolutionNowandForever Posted March 11 Posted March 11 27 minutes ago, artschoolfrenzy said: how long after pratt interview did you hear back? I scheduled my interview on the later side and a bit confused that they already started releasing decisions? I interviewed on the last day they did interviews March 6 and heard back today, so four days after. I think some people who interviewed earlier heard back earlier.
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 11 Posted March 11 1 minute ago, RevolutionNowandForever said: I interviewed on the last day they did interviews March 6 and heard back today, so four days after. I think some people who interviewed earlier heard back earlier. oh interesting! my interview was today
998student0 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 (edited) first year applying grad! ended up getting one acceptance SAIC, but with partial scholarship (too expensive), then waitlist at Hunter and UC Irvine. Rejected from Yale and Carnegie Mellon and assuming from Columbia and UCLA because haven't heard. Next year applying to a few more safeties if don't get in off waitlist. Rough but who knows. Edited March 11 by 998student0
nycgal42069 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 8 hours ago, 998student0 said: first year applying grad! ended up getting one acceptance SAIC, but with partial scholarship (too expensive), then waitlist at Hunter and UC Irvine. Rejected from Yale and Carnegie Mellon and assuming from Columbia and UCLA because haven't heard. Next year applying to a few more safeties if don't get in off waitlist. Rough but who knows. It’s my first year applying too and I’m also on the Hunter waitlist ❤️ I have a few friends who’ve done the Hunter program specifically and are successful artists now post grad, and in the last few months of talking to them I found out all of them applied twice before getting in! So maybe that can be some consolation to us first timers. gaya_, brooklyn818 and ncivormdjek 2 1
Emolibra97 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 (edited) I emailed UO for an update and they said they have concluded their review process and they will be sending announcements in the next few weeks if this is helpful to anyone. Update: I inquired on a status update for UCI and they sent me the rejection letter an hour later lol. If anyone is still waiting on this school try emailing them! Edited March 11 by Emolibra97
fafd Posted March 11 Posted March 11 22 hours ago, dislekzo said: Anyone heard from parsons after interview? I received an unofficial acceptance email on Sunday for the Fine Arts MFA at Parsons. They told me I was their top-ranked accepted student, so it's possible emails are being sent out on a rolling basis or they only sent unofficial acceptances to a handful of their top-ranked accepted students. I believe official notices will be sent out by the end of the week.
orangeorangecake Posted March 11 Posted March 11 Last two pending:NYU Steinhardt and CalArts. Anyone heard anything from them?
998student0 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 6 hours ago, nycgal42069 said: It’s my first year applying too and I’m also on the Hunter waitlist ❤️ I have a few friends who’ve done the Hunter program specifically and are successful artists now post grad, and in the last few months of talking to them I found out all of them applied twice before getting in! So maybe that can be some consolation to us first timers. Yes :)) at least we made it this far! and here's to continuing to make work in this f-ed up world !!!
Björk Posted March 11 Posted March 11 3 hours ago, Emolibra97 said: I emailed UO for an update and they said they have concluded their review process and they will be sending announcements in the next few weeks if this is helpful to anyone. Update: I inquired on a status update for UCI and they sent me the rejection letter an hour later lol. If anyone is still waiting on this school try emailing them! So inconsiderate. Still waiting on UCLA to just send a rejection already.
Emolibra97 Posted March 11 Posted March 11 I also emailed UCLA and I got the expected response, "Notification is typically sent out mid-March directly from UCLA. At that time, all applicants will be invited, via email, to view their application decision status online through the application portal." That mid-march Sunday feels so close yet so distant... ceramics233 and Björk 2
Björk Posted March 11 Posted March 11 6 minutes ago, Emolibra97 said: I also emailed UCLA and I got the expected response, "Notification is typically sent out mid-March directly from UCLA. At that time, all applicants will be invited, via email, to view their application decision status online through the application portal." That mid-march Sunday feels so close yet so distant... Thanks for that info. I believe someone else here already interviewed with UCLA, so I'm assuming it's a no for me! noplace 1
marxista Posted March 11 Posted March 11 1 hour ago, Björk said: Thanks for that info. I believe someone else here already interviewed with UCLA, so I'm assuming it's a no for me! interview is not required for UCLA––but cases of direct acceptance are almost miraculous. Emolibra97 1
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 12 Posted March 12 Does anyone know who to contact at SVA to try to negotiate a scholarship?
waiting2026 Posted March 12 Posted March 12 3 hours ago, artschoolfrenzy said: Does anyone know who to contact at SVA to try to negotiate a scholarship? The chair of the program, I suppose? At least for Fine Arts the chair seems to be the one who’s administrating with scholarships.
artschoolfrenzy Posted March 12 Posted March 12 3 hours ago, waiting2026 said: The chair of the program, I suppose? At least for Fine Arts the chair seems to be the one who’s administrating with scholarships. thank you!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now