L4mp Posted March 6 Posted March 6 1 hour ago, 5280stwu said: RISD is official! 😠Got the email/portal update for D+M (Digital + Media) with a $40k fellowship + $2.5k assistantship! If you’re also heading to RISD or need any advice, feel free to reach out! Sending good vibes and luck to everyone! 🤞 Congrats!! I also got the same package from RISD D+M! Wasn't expecting to be accepted
Meepmorpmoop Posted March 6 Posted March 6 Rejected from UCLA DMA!!! 🥲 At least now I know! Ive been accepted to SAIC FVNMA with no merit (so far…hopefully I get some) and Pratt with a 20k/yr scholarship.Â
gdhopeful Posted March 6 Posted March 6 I received my official acceptance letter from RISD for graphic design (3-year) with a very generous fellowship so I think I'll be going  !! I'm so excited since RISD was my dream program. If anyone else is going to RISD for graphic design please feel free to reach out! amaranthred and 5280stwu 1 1
GregOG Posted March 6 Posted March 6 (edited) Out of curiosity, is there anyone who got acceptances to their US universities based in Canada? As a Canadian with 0 acceptances or interviews from the 4 schools I applied to, I’m wondering if political tensions were taken into account as part of the jurying decision. I’m still happy to work on my application for next year though. Edited March 6 by GregOG
wind55 Posted March 6 Posted March 6 8 hours ago, noplace said: Has anyone received an acceptance from columbia or hunter for painting? I heard from columbia this week
noplace Posted March 6 Posted March 6 10 minutes ago, wind55 said: I heard from columbia this week acceptance? what day?
Björk Posted March 6 Posted March 6 50 minutes ago, GregOG said: Out of curiosity, is there anyone who got acceptances to their US universities based in Canada? As a Canadian with 0 acceptances or interviews from the 4 schools I applied to, I’m wondering if political tensions were taken into account as part of the jurying decision. I’m still happy to work on my application for next year though. I'm not Canadian, but I've been told that US universities are indeed being a little more careful about taking international students. If you've had any direct contact with faculty members during this application season, you might want to reach back out and see if anyone will chat with you on the phone. I haven't spoken to faculty in detail this particular issue, but I have had conversations with them about how political winds are affecting things. People are more willing to talk about stuff like that when it's off the record. Maybe frame the conversation around you trying to understand how you can improve your application for the next cycle, and as the conversation unfolds ask them how schools are thinking about international applicants in this era. Sorry if this was all unwanted advice, and sorry this is something you have to think about at all. GregOG 1
marxista Posted March 6 Posted March 6 I received an acceptance from Bard Photo financial aid kindda sucks but it is good to know I am inÂ
ncivormdjek Posted March 6 Posted March 6 Waitlisted at bard moving image, pretty bummed. the admins on the interview zoom did say their waitlist moves quickly… wondering if anyone has experience with this…
marxista Posted March 6 Posted March 6 8 minutes ago, ncivormdjek said: Waitlisted at bard moving image, pretty bummed. the admins on the interview zoom did say their waitlist moves quickly… wondering if anyone has experience with this… You're in, dw. All waitlists I've known get in.
ncivormdjek Posted March 6 Posted March 6 21 minutes ago, marxista said: You're in, dw. All waitlists I've known get in. Thank you 💖 hmu if you end up going!!Â
gaya_ Posted March 7 Posted March 7 1 hour ago, ncivormdjek said: Waitlisted at bard moving image, pretty bummed. the admins on the interview zoom did say their waitlist moves quickly… wondering if anyone has experience with this… same, waitlisted at bard sculpture, a bit disappointed too 🥲. But it's good to know it moves quickly, especially because it says that the waitlist is "unranked". I wonder how it moves... is it dependent on the cohort? Anyway, I hope you get in the school you want, Bard or another 🙂
newtremblingheart Posted March 7 Posted March 7 Alrighty... my results for this season.. Yale Photo: Rejected Bard Photo: Waitlisted RISD Photo: Waitlisted MassArt Photo: Informal Acceptance SAIC Photo: Acceptance w/ 60k merit scholarship Wondering if anyone has experience with being on either RISD or Bard's waitlists? I would assume the potential of being offered considerable financial aid after being pulled from the waitlist is slim... I have until March 15th before SAIC's scholarship offer is rescinded, so I will most likely be committing to their program (which was my second preference behind RISD before interviews and first preference after interviews, so it works out!). Is it worth it to reach out to both RISD and Bard to express my continued interest? With how small their cohort sizes tend to be, I'm not sure what to expect having been waitlisted. Also, does anyone know when MassArt normally sends out official offer letters/financial aid packages? I received a call from the program chair about a week after my interview notifying me that I had been accepted, haven't heard anything since.. and with the SAIC turnaround, I'm concerned I won't hear back before the 15th... Any advice would be helpful!!!Â
goodboycerberus Posted March 7 Posted March 7 Turning down Columbia. Good luck to whoever gets the spot, hopefully they’re more generous with funding to you! orangeorangecake, waiting2026, marxista and 1 other 2 2
marxista Posted March 7 Posted March 7 5 hours ago, goodboycerberus said: Turning down Columbia. Good luck to whoever gets the spot, hopefully they’re more generous with funding to you! same!! brooklyn818 1
GregOG Posted March 7 Posted March 7 11 hours ago, Björk said: I'm not Canadian, but I've been told that US universities are indeed being a little more careful about taking international students. If you've had any direct contact with faculty members during this application season, you might want to reach back out and see if anyone will chat with you on the phone. I haven't spoken to faculty in detail this particular issue, but I have had conversations with them about how political winds are affecting things. People are more willing to talk about stuff like that when it's off the record. Maybe frame the conversation around you trying to understand how you can improve your application for the next cycle, and as the conversation unfolds ask them how schools are thinking about international applicants in this era. Sorry if this was all unwanted advice, and sorry this is something you have to think about at all. This is really great to hear, I worried I was just imagining things when one of the schools I applied to wrote a statement supporting the opposite. Seriously appreciate the detailed reply, and will try to contact a professor for more information!
Björk Posted March 7 Posted March 7 1 hour ago, GregOG said: This is really great to hear, I worried I was just imagining things when one of the schools I applied to wrote a statement supporting the opposite. Seriously appreciate the detailed reply, and will try to contact a professor for more information! No problem. And to be clear, the faculty member that told me their department is thinking harder about international applicants wasn’t saying they are doing the Trump admin’s bidding. They specifically said the department wants to protect international applicants but is finding that it cannot, so they are being more careful about taking them in. They saw this as a loss. I don’t think there is any new negative sentiment around international students going around at universities among art faculty, especially not towards Canadians. GregOG 1
marxista Posted March 7 Posted March 7 (edited) nothing from Hunter after intvw? Edited March 7 by marxista
dislekzo Posted March 7 Posted March 7 11 minutes ago, marxista said: nothing from Hunter after intvw? waiting too
nycgal42069 Posted March 7 Posted March 7 1 hour ago, marxista said: nothing from Hunter after intvw? i'm also waiting post hunter interview. i know someone who also applied and reached out to them via email to ask when we'd hear, and was told that decisions will go out "in the next couple of weeks."
noplace Posted March 7 Posted March 7 On 3/4/2026 at 12:17 PM, artworkaholic said: Did you had a interview? Yes, on feb 27th. Â
noplace Posted March 7 Posted March 7 1 hour ago, marxista said: nothing from Hunter after intvw? Also waiting on hunter
kittykitty Posted March 7 Posted March 7 waiting on VCU Painting after interview a week ago… anyone else?
dislekzo Posted March 7 Posted March 7 52 minutes ago, nycgal42069 said: i'm also waiting post hunter interview. i know someone who also applied and reached out to them via email to ask when we'd hear, and was told that decisions will go out "in the next couple of weeks." they answered the same to me
mfa20262026 Posted March 7 Posted March 7 10 hours ago, marxista said: same!! How much funding did they offer you?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now