Acceptance 2011

C_e_D

Letter of Acceptance received today from West Virginia for Masters in Geography. GTA funding decisions will be made in early February.

Still awaiting decisions from Michigan State Geography department and University of Michigan's School of Natural Resources for Environmental Informatics.

(I hope I'm not contributing to anyone's stress by starting this conversation already. WVU was way ahead of the game on notifications. I don't expect to hear from anywhere else for at least a few weeks, so no need to worry if you haven't heard yet.)

(I hope I'm not contributing to anyone's stress by starting this conversation already. WVU was way ahead of the game on notifications. I don't expect to hear from anywhere else for at least a few weeks, so no need to worry if you haven't heard yet.)

First of all, congrats! Must feel good to have one foot in the door at least. Hope the GTA comes through for you.

I am still awaiting a decision. What makes it slightly worse is that I have only applied to one US university and I would really like to attend.. I should know within a couple of weeks (that's what I am telling myself anyways).

First of all, congrats! Must feel good to have one foot in the door at least. Hope the GTA comes through for you.

I am still awaiting a decision. What makes it slightly worse is that I have only applied to one US university and I would really like to attend.. I should know within a couple of weeks (that's what I am telling myself anyways).

Thanks. It is a relief and certainly takes the pressure off of waiting for the others (I have preferences, but only applied to schools that I would be happy to attend).

Last year I only applied to one program. That was a lot more stressful and it was late in the season before I heard back. I hope you get in to yours and that they tell you mercifully soon.

(My response was longer, but I'm going to start a new thread for it since it was wandering off topic.)

Accepted! I feel so relieved. GA $14K as well.

Weird thing is that I recieved word from a European university aswell (about 2 hours earlier) with 3 year full funding (without GA responsibilities). Lovely, agonizing dilemma.

Edited by encephalization

Geography-ish:

Accepted to University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor to the School Of Natural Resources and Environment. I applied for the Environmental Informatics: GIS And Modeling which is the sort of Geography I'm applying to as well.

No word on funding yet

(2 of 3 so far! =)

Geography-ish:

Accepted to University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor to the School Of Natural Resources and Environment. I applied for the Environmental Informatics: GIS And Modeling which is the sort of Geography I'm applying to as well.

No word on funding yet

(2 of 3 so far! =)

Congrats! I am sure you will have a good chance for a perfect record.

Have you heard back on the funding from West Virginia?

Congrats! I am sure you will have a good chance for a perfect record.

Have you heard back on the funding from West Virginia?

Thanks! Yeah, I'm getting more optimistic for MSU after hearing from the other two.

No word on funding from either school yet, but I'm thinking that it has to be coming soon one way or the other.

Admitted to UF, too. I already go there, though, so I wasn't completely surprised by the lack of funding; the department's been getting seriously screwed out of money for the last few years. That said, I can't say I was too thrilled.

I'm waiting to hear back from Colorado; anyone know anything about what's going on there?

Congrats to all fellow geographers!

My schools will take a bit longer on their decisions. At least, scheduled an interview on the next Thursday with a prof from Arizona State.

Edited by almennur

To the two people were accepted to Davis, could you provide some more info? Davis is one of only two programs I applied to, so im anxious. Did you hear from the professor or the graduate group? and are your results posted on Embark yet? This was my less competitive application and im thinking I missed the 1st round. Thanks and congratulations.

Hi, don't know if this message is too late to be relevant anymore, but I got my decision via the embark website on 2/17. I got an email from the office of grad addmissions on 2/11 saying that they were reviewing my application and the results would be available on the website on 2/17.

I didn't feel very confident about my application to Davis but I still got in. No word on funding yet, and given California's current budget crisis I'm not really holding out hope. I probably won't go to Davis unless the other two school that I am waiting to hear from reject me.

Accepted to the University of Georgia! I got that acceptance in the mail a couple of weeks ago, and I'm just now getting around to posting it. I'm pretty excited, but I won't let myself get too worked up until I hear about funding.

Edited by brunch

Accepted to TAMU, Oregon and Kent. Unofficial accept from Arizona.

Don't need funding. Haven't decided yet. Any thoughts on the programs? I will be focusing on Human/Cultural Geography.

Congrats to everyone so far!

Depends on what precisely your focus is, who would be your advisor at each school, and what theories and methodologies you're into. PM me if you want to talk further.