Met Internships

zoltan

On 7/31/2018 at 8:51 AM, WayWayG said:

Has anyone heard back for the unpaid Fall internships? Or has anyone that interviewed want to share how their experience was? I was contacted last week by the editorial and publications department for an in-person interview and am going in this week.

Hi,

I had a phone interview for about 10 minutes. It was very casual and friendly. The interviewer spent a few minutes explaining the internship and asked me some questions about my past experience and why I choose that department as a first choice. She said the result would come out shortly after getting approved by the internship coordinator. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2019 at 11:45 PM, ESSpressO said:

Anyone waiting for the MuSe 12-month internships? I assume the museum will start contacting applicants in March.

Yes! I am waiting. Applied January 22nd. I know how competitive it is, but hoping for an interview!

Guest Museumgeek

Hi everyone, any news about the finalists for MuSe Internship Program (ten-week paid summer internship), please? I haven't received any update so far. Deadline was on January 27.

Edited by Museumgeek

22 hours ago, Museumgeek said:

Hi everyone, any news about the finalists for MuSe Internship Program (ten-week paid summer internship), please? I haven't received any update so far. Deadline was on January 27.

I have not had any updates myself since submitting in January!

edit: I have also applied for a ten-week paid summer internship.

Edited by armstrot

Guest Museumgeek
On 3/10/2019 at 9:42 PM, armstrot said:

I have not had any updates myself since submitting in January!

edit: I have also applied for a ten-week paid summer internship.

Thank you for answering! I'm not so much optimistic about the selection results for the ten-week paid summer internship. According to the previous years schedule, in fact, the finalists are usually contacted within the first half of March.

On 3/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, Museumgeek said:

I applied for a 12-month and a ten-week and have yet to hear back

Hi! Just an update. I was contacted for an interview by a department at The Met last Friday (I don't feel super comfortable sharing what dept. just yet) and had the phone interview today. The woman told me I'd hear back next week. I think every department contacts individually so there's still time left!

Edited by sak95

36 minutes ago, sak95 said:

Hi! Just an update. I was contacted for an interview by a department at The Met last Friday (I don't feel super comfortable sharing what dept. just yet) and had the phone interview today. The woman told me I'd hear back next week. I think every department contacts individually so there's still time left!

@sak95 what was the interview like? I have one tomorrow

Guest Museumgeek
18 hours ago, sak95 said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I hope departments have their own schedule, too... @sak95 just an info: your interview was for the 12-months or the ten-weeks internship?

Edited by Museumgeek

On 3/20/2019 at 5:57 AM, Museumgeek said:

Thank you so much for sharing this! I hope departments have their own schedule, too... @sak95 just an info: your interview was for the 12-months or the ten-weeks internship?

My interview was for the ten-week MuSE internship. 

On 3/19/2019 at 1:14 PM, sak95 said:

I have a feeling that we interviewed for the same department...The timeline and the types of questions they asked seems exactly the same. My interview was on Monday and they told me I'd hear by back next Monday! Best of luck

Edited by quinoanj

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2019 at 10:44 AM, quinoanj said:

I have a feeling that we interviewed for the same department...The timeline and the types of questions they asked seems exactly the same. My interview was on Monday and they told me I'd hear by back next Monday! Best of luck

Did you hear back? I haven’t heard anything yet. Not feeling super confident.

6 hours ago, sak95 said:

Did you hear back? I haven’t heard anything yet. Not feeling super confident.

Nope, I called the education department and they said April 5th. I emailed the person I interviewed with and she didn't answer either, so I kinda gave up on it to be honest haha 

Guest Museumgeek
On 21 marzo 2019 at 2:40 PM, sak95 said:

My interview was for the ten-week MuSE internship. 

Thank you for replying.

Has anyone applied for the conservation department?

I have not heard back at all from them and I feel at this point it is a little naive to still believe I may be in the running? But I am also not sure of the timeline for this specific department. Has anyone gotten a rejection letter yet? They were surprisingly very nice on the phone, but no one had any information about the decisions. I'm very curious! I did have a pretty strong feeling that my app was a little too thin for acceptance, but I still can't get rid of the "maybe" feeling and being in limbo is killing me!! 

Has anyone heard back from the Met at all regarding final decisions? I interviewed in mid-March and my interviewer said I'd hear back in early or mid April. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

4 hours ago, sancia said:

Has anyone heard back from the Met at all regarding final decisions? I interviewed in mid-March and my interviewer said I'd hear back in early or mid April. Wishing everyone the best of luck.

It was supposed to be April 5th. I called the education department yesterday and they apologized and told me that there was a delay. The lady on the phone told me that people will hear back next week at the latest. Hope this was helpful and wishing you the best of luck! 

6 minutes ago, quinoanj said:

It was supposed to be April 5th. I called the education department yesterday and they apologized and told me that there was a delay. The lady on the phone told me that people will hear back next week at the latest. Hope this was helpful and wishing you the best of luck! 

Thank you! This is reassuring indeed :)

Best of luck to you!