SIPA (Columbia) Thread

The first results began rolling in around 01:00, so I'm willing to stay up till 01:30 tonight to see if people begin hearing back from SIPA. At that point, I'm going to bed, having set a very loud and very long notification sound for my phone should I get the notification email while asleep. Anybody else burning the midnight oil in anticipation of a repeat of last night? Probably you too, Coloradical?

Edited by hudwa

What was the earliest hour people started hearing today? I feel like it was before 8am ET...

and yeah, it is getting that desperate

I checked their website around 11pm last night and my decision was already there. Received their email at 5am PST (8am EST) this morning though. I think they programmed the system to release it at midnight EST since it said "your decisions will be available beginning 3/14/12" or something. With that said, they probably only did that for the first batch of decisions.

My friend didn't have a decision last night nor did she have an email this morning. However, she received an email from them at 1pm PST (4pm EST). My letter is dated for 2/22/12 while hers was 3/13/12

an education at SIPA or HKS is not even close to the quality and opportunities available at the respective business schools and law schools. you are kidding yourself if you think so.

And what, may I ask, is the objective parameter for comparison of quality and opportunities?

do you seriously need me to explain why the harvard kennedy school is not on par with harvard law school or harvard business school? lol...

Do you seriously need me to explain why an apple is not the same thing as an orange? You realize that these are all different schools in different fields, right? Trying to compare them to anything other than their peer institutions is a waste of time.

do you seriously need me to explain why the harvard kennedy school is not on par with harvard law school or harvard business school? lol...

Quality and opportunity are conditional to individual aspirations. Were your argument to hold true, every educated soul on earth would've been banging the doors of business / law / medicine schools. What do you think would happen if everyone were to become lawyers of bankers?

Edited by eigenvector

Did everyone who was rejected receive this message? Thats how it seems based on the results survey...

"While your achievements to date are impressive, most successful applicants possess considerable professional experience.

Each year, the Committee recommends that a small number of candidates in your position consider reapplying. There is no guarantee of future admission, due to the competitive nature of the admission process, but the Committee believes you will be a stronger candidate after gaining additional professional experience"

Did everyone who was rejected receive this message? Thats how it seems based on the results survey...

"While your achievements to date are impressive, most successful applicants possess considerable professional experience.

Each year, the Committee recommends that a small number of candidates in your position consider reapplying. There is no guarantee of future admission, due to the competitive nature of the admission process, but the Committee believes you will be a stronger candidate after gaining additional professional experience"

You applied directly out of college?

was it March 14th the last day for decisions, or is it my mistake? where the heck is my decision!

Check out their blog:

We will begin rolling out decisions today; however, don’t be discouraged if you haven’t heard from us yet.  It can take a few days from when a decision is made to when it is released to the system.  We don’t publish all our decisions in a single day, so if yours doesn’t happen to be one of the first to be finalized, hang in there.  Waiting isn’t easy but sometimes “it’s” worth the wait.

they should atleast specify a time if at all they plan to release any decisions today. im at work but super distracted!

I'm not getting a damn thing done at work today. It's been the same for the rest of the week. When will this end??