SIPA (Columbia) Thread

this probably means nothing and maybe i am just imagining this but on the columbia application page

right at the bottom - there is something like "we look forward to working with you and a blank and not submitted.

I wanted to ask the admitted applicant if this means something ?

thsi is my overactive imagination at 5 :30 am !

this probably means nothing and maybe i am just imagining this but on the columbia application page

right at the bottom - there is something like "we look forward to working with you and a blank and not submitted.

I wanted to ask the admitted applicant if this means something ?

thsi is my overactive imagination at 5 :30 am !

I have the same. I believe it is irrelevant.

But sicne both of us haven't heard anything yet, I wouldl ike somebody who did receive an answer to tell us whether it's normal to remain there..

I have the same. I believe it is irrelevant.

But sicne both of us haven't heard anything yet, I wouldl ike somebody who did receive an answer to tell us whether it's normal to remain there..

I have the same thing on mine and haven't heard back either. I'm going to just try to stop worrying. It's out of my control and they've said that they have everything.

Although, saying that I'm going to stop worry and actually not worrying are two completely different things!

Here's to hoping for good news!

Got waitlisted. I know SIPA says that sending additional essays and letters is purposeless as they are not read but many posts do advise sending something. Does anyone know anything more about this?

Got waitlisted. I know SIPA says that sending additional essays and letters is purposeless as they are not read but many posts do advise sending something. Does anyone know anything more about this?

co-ask

Hey all, I am also still waiting and regularly checking this thread and the SIPA Admissions blog... I try to draw encouragement from the idea that the longer we wait, the more likely we are to qualify for funding... probably wishful thinking though!

Good luck

for those who are still anxiously waiting to hear back, decisions are on their way, good luck everyone:

The Admissions Committee continues to read/review at a fast and furious pace but we are happy to be nearing the end of the review process. No decisions went out on Monday but our hope is to start publishing more today. As always, check here for updates, however we cannot tell individuals when their decision will be ready to view.

I do want to provide those who have been admitted with a few reminders and give insight to those still waiting of what lies ahead in the future if you do receive an offer of admission.

Is anyone else perplexed by the times these blog posts are updated? I checked the blog site (I don't receive the email updates until the end of the following business day in my time zone) directly, and saw this post at about 4am local time NY. Oh well! I'm just glad that they committee is making strides. Since they intended to notify applicants in "early March", I hope all notifications go out by the end of the week!

for those who are still anxiously waiting to hear back, decisions are on their way, good luck everyone:

The Admissions Committee continues to read/review at a fast and furious pace but we are happy to be nearing the end of the review process. No decisions went out on Monday but our hope is to start publishing more today. As always, check here for updates, however we cannot tell individuals when their decision will be ready to view.

I do want to provide those who have been admitted with a few reminders and give insight to those still waiting of what lies ahead in the future if you do receive an offer of admission.

Is anyone else perplexed by the times these blog posts are updated? I checked the blog site (I don't receive the email updates until the end of the following business day in my time zone) directly, and saw this post at about 4am local time NY. Oh well! I'm just glad that they committee is making strides. Since they intended to notify applicants in "early March", I hope all notifications go out by the end of the week!

Has anybody received funding yet?

Got in as well...i received no email but just randomly checked my app and the decision was right there...No funding though. I will not be accepting the offer.

heart leaped when I saw this post. I went online and there was a link to my decision letter!

Got in, no funding. says I can apply for second year funding.

Edited by foodlover28

heart leaped when I saw this post. I went online and there was a link to my decision letter!

But it appears that they're in the process of uploading it... I can't click it open!!!!

*frustration*

Did you try a different browser? I have to use firefox with applyyourself.

Hi! I've been stalking this thread forever as well! I got into the MPA-DP program (got the mail about 7 hours ago) with no funding.

I know they said a huge percentage of students get funding in the second year but does anybody know what percentage of these students are international students?

Also, does anybody know about application procedure for work-study and assistantship opportunities?

Congrats guys!

I don't wanna come across as a nuisance, but I'm on the waitlist for MDA-DP, and it has been my dream program since I found out about it. Is it possible - for any of the admitted MDA-DP students - to offer me any insight into your decision-making process? I've gotten accepted to a couple of schools, but I'm actually thinking of reapplying next year if I'm not taken off the waitlist for Fall 2011.

Thanks so much!

Still waiting, even though the blog said not to read into this I am. Being the last %19 to get a decision is so frustrating. Knowing that I am part of the last group is even more frustrating, I have come to hate the blog.

I concur!

Am I right in assuming that no admitted students who follow this blog have yet been accepted to the International Fellows Program?

Still waiting, even though the blog said not to read into this I am. Being the last %19 to get a decision is so frustrating. Knowing that I am part of the last group is even more frustrating, I have come to hate the blog.

Edited by magellan