UChicago

Hey Guys,

I am on the waitlist from UChicago and have been told by the dept that movement on the waitlist depends on what the fields of those who decline are. They won't say where I am on the list because the list is kind of vague and dependent on field.

So, just wondering if anyone is declining Chicago and what their field is; or if anyone else is in my position.

(I am interested in Amazonian shamanism, medical anthropology and STS theory.)

Would be great to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

What do you think it means if I haven't heard from them yet? No email, letter, call. Nothing! So frustrating. But it seems like acceptances, waitlists, and rejections have gone out.

Hey Guys,

I am on the waitlist from UChicago and have been told by the dept that movement on the waitlist depends on what the fields of those who decline are. They won't say where I am on the list because the list is kind of vague and dependent on field.

So, just wondering if anyone is declining Chicago and what their field is; or if anyone else is in my position.

(I am interested in Amazonian shamanism, medical anthropology and STS theory.)

Would be great to hear your thoughts!

Thanks!

What do you think it means if I haven't heard from them yet? No email, letter, call. Nothing! So frustrating. But it seems like acceptances, waitlists, and rejections have gone out.

I'm surprised you haven't heard anything back because they sent the official acceptances and waitlist emails two days ago.

I think it is probably bad news for you, sorry.

But if I were you, I'd just call Anne, the grad coordinator and ask.

My current undergrad adviser, who went to UChicago and worked there for a while, told me not to call just yet/ He thinks I probably got rejected from the PhD program, but got into MAPSS. I'll give it until next Monday before I start bothering them.

I'm surprised you haven't heard anything back because they sent the official acceptances and waitlist emails two days ago.

I think it is probably bad news for you, sorry.

But if I were you, I'd just call Anne, the grad coordinator and ask.

Thanks for this, a colleague and I both applied for UChicago anth and neither of us have heard either... Thanks for the post! I was thinking about emailing too but I'll just hold tight.

My current undergrad adviser, who went to UChicago and worked there for a while, told me not to call just yet/ He thinks I probably got rejected from the PhD program, but got into MAPSS. I'll give it until next Monday before I start bothering them.

I got into the Ph.D. program for Cultural Anth but am still holding out for Stanford (even though I like Chicago better) since it is closer to me and I know of short-sale houses there that are cheaper than renting. If I get in I am likely to go to Stanford and you can have my spot.

Feel free to pray, hope, or do some black magic for me to get in. ^_^

I got into the Ph.D. program for Cultural Anth but am still holding out for Stanford (even though I like Chicago better) since it is closer to me and I know of short-sale houses there that are cheaper than renting. If I get in I am likely to go to Stanford and you can have my spot.

Feel free to pray, hope, or do some black magic for me to get in. ^_^

Thanks Orzai!

I cetrainly hope you have success with Stanford!!

All the best!

:-)

I think I've probably said this elsewhere, but I'm accepted at Chicago--archaeology subfield. I haven't decided yet, so there's approximately a 40/60 chance I'll be declining... but I would much rather be there than my other option, so don't cross your fingers!

I would second the MAPSS likelihood--the year I got accepted to MAPSS, it was at the very last minute. I had been sure I was rejected everywhere and then the package came in the mail.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...