Oh COME ON Admission People

kkeefe

So last night I got an email from Drexel University, one of my current top choices, that started:

"Greetings from Drexel University! Congratulations! Your application..."

Of course I thought: "OMGOMGOMG!!"

And then the rest of the sentence was: "is complete and now under review with the Admissions Committee!"

For the love of everything, what kind of torture is that?!? I can see some Admissions person cackling a bit...please people, be merciful!

Ugh, I got an email just like that, and at the bottom it said "Admissions decisions WILL BE RENDERED IN LATE MARCH"

So last night I got an email from Drexel University, one of my current top choices, that started:

And then the rest of the sentence was: "is complete and now under review with the Admissions Committee!"

For the love of everything, what kind of torture is that?!? I can see some Admissions person cackling a bit...please people, be merciful!

One of my schools pulled the same thing on me. Luckily it was only a few days after the app deadline so I figured it was way too early for a reply. If that were to happen at this moment when the rest of my replies are imminent it would probably give me a stroke. So, note to my enemies, now is the time to send an email with something like "decision available" etc in order to bump me off via myocardial infarction.

Drexel is really slow. I got that same email a few weeks ago and still no word!!!!! Same with all the other schools.

So. Slow.

Speaking about cruel jokes from adcoms, I was rejected from Stanford some four weeks ago. Today an e-mail from Stanford appeared on my in box. Of course, I thought that someone had declined the offer of admision and that my application was being reconsidered... no, it was once again the very same rejection email I had previously received. So, thank you for reminding me, I had almost moved on. Now I'm depressed again.

Edited by aber_leider

I got an email from CSUSM and it was a FAFSA reminder. It said all "incoming students...". Made me feel depressed because I have not been admitted. However, I have not been rejected either. That makes it worse since now I keep having these pervasive thoughts that I am admitted and just haven't been notified yet. Uugggghhh. I can't wait for this nonsense to be over with.

And that duplicate email about being declined admission to Stanford would've made me lose it!!! What a bummer, but don't worry, you'll get in somewhere and then Stanford can suck it. Hang in there aber_leider!!

Can't beat PennDesign's subject line of "Admissions Decisions", which then informed me that I needed to complete FAFSA by the 15th of Feb and that they would notify online on the 14th of March. Killin' me!

Edited by michpc

Agreed... they should've sent that... long time ago, right after you submitted your app. Not now! It's too late! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't beat PennDesign's subject line of "Admissions Decisions", which then informed me that I needed to complete FAFSA by the 15th of Feb and that they would notify online on the 14th of March. Killin' me!

update: they let me in after all, even though I'd seen other acceptances on here via email almost a week earlier! Didn't expect that!

Speaking about cruel jokes from adcoms, I was rejected from Stanford some four weeks ago. Today an e-mail from Stanford appeared on my in box. Of course, I thought that someone had declined the offer of admision and that my application was being reconsidered... no, it was once again the very same rejection email I had previously received. So, thank you for reminding me, I had almost moved on. Now I'm depressed again.

I had a similar experience with Cornell. First I got the standard email rejection from the admission committee. Four days later I got a personal email from my POI explaining in more detail why they decided not to accept me (at least she was nice about it and said that she was disappointed that I had not gotten in.) Yesterday I got the EXACT same standard rejection letter via snail mail. What's next, are they going to call me on the phone to tell me I have been rejected, just in case I didn't already know? Seriously Cornell, stop rejecting me. It is hurtful and cruel and only adds to my already spiraling depression.