57 members have voted

1. 1. Which degree did you apply for?

• M.A. in Arab Studies
    • M.A. in German & European Studies
    • M.A. in Latin American Studies
    • M.A. Russian, Eurasian & East European Studies
    • M.A. in Security Studies
    • M.S. in Foreign Service

Has anyone received their admitted student packet in the mail yet? It sounded like they were planning on sending them Monday based on the admissions email from last week, so I'm wondering when mine will arrive on the west coast...

Has anyone received their admitted student packet in the mail yet? It sounded like they were planning on sending them Monday based on the admissions email from last week, so I'm wondering when mine will arrive on the west coast...

Nevermind, got in the mail today. They want to me take a language class since it's been 5.5 years since I graduated. Guess it's not a bad idea to brush up...

I just got my waitlist notification today. I guess DC might still be in the running...

I got my waitlist yesterday in the mail too. I think it's because they're waiting to hear back from a fellowship I applied for. We'll see if things change...Otherwise, it's SAIS probably!

I received my waitlist notice in the mail on Saturday (March 26th). Other than that, I had not received any communication from Georgetown. Does anybody know GT's waitlist specifics (number of people on the waitlist, acceptance percentage, etc)?

I received my waitlist notice in the mail on Saturday (March 26th). Other than that, I had not received any communication from Georgetown. Does anybody know GT's waitlist specifics (number of people on the waitlist, acceptance percentage, etc)?

I haven't seen these stats provided anywhere, sorry! However (unscientifically), there were a few waitlist/admits according to the results board from last year, so it happens!

I just found out that I got admitted to the Latin American Studies program. Holy crap! This was a reach school for me. I'm in shock.

grats! one of my classmates was accepted to the same program.

Edited by HandsomeNerd

For those who got into the Security Studies program, can you tell me what your GRE scores were like? I am thinking of applying for Spring 2012. I have a major concern about the GRE because as an undergraduate I screwed up in regards to GPA (I had around a 2.58) but I was able to get into a graduate program (Political Science) where I had a GPA of 3.66

For those who got into the Security Studies program, can you tell me what your GRE scores were like? I am thinking of applying for Spring 2012. I have a major concern about the GRE because as an undergraduate I screwed up in regards to GPA (I had around a 2.58) but I was able to get into a graduate program (Political Science) where I had a GPA of 3.66

I had 670 V, 740 Q, and 5.0 AW. It sounds like your graduate degree will definitely help offset your undergrad GPA. Good luck!

I had a 630V/620Q/4.5. Clearly not stellar, for reasons I can't really explain. I think my GPA and statement were huge factors. I have a 3.77, and I'm not afraid to say that my SOP was basically as perfect as a statement can be. I started working on it in July, and went through countless iterations. It was read once by two professors, and multiple times by my mother. I sweated over that thing, kept it open on my computer to modify as things leapt to mind, and didn't turn it in until I was sure there was absolutely nothing I could do to make it better.

Edited by Meg11

• 1 month later...

Silly question here, but I haven't been able to find any information about declining the offer. Are they assuming that everyone who doesn't send in the check is turning down the offer, or is there some sort of online form?

Thanks!

Silly question here, but I haven't been able to find any information about declining the offer. Are they assuming that everyone who doesn't send in the check is turning down the offer, or is there some sort of online form?

Thanks!

I just sent in the hard copy form, stating that I would not be accepting the offer.

yeah, i got mine back in early April. haven't had to use it for anything other than checking finaid yet

Did you get a packet with further steps to take after accepting your spot? Do you know how I get a password for StudentAccess?

Did you get a packet with further steps to take after accepting your spot? Do you know how I get a password for StudentAccess?

it should be on the same letter from the University Registrar & Assistant Provost. i got my ID (GOCard)#, University NetID, and a Temporary NetID Password on the same letter.

as for further administrative stuff, i think your specific program should be contacting you with that. SSP, for example, sent an admin update out last week about address changes, billing, summer classes, concentration, orientation, etc, etc.

Ahh, I haven't received that yet. I emailed the program and they said they'll be sending it out soon. Thanks for the help :).

it should be on the same letter from the University Registrar & Assistant Provost. i got my ID (GOCard)#, University NetID, and a Temporary NetID Password on the same letter.

as for further administrative stuff, i think your specific program should be contacting you with that. SSP, for example, sent an admin update out last week about address changes, billing, summer classes, concentration, orientation, etc, etc.