When are you planning to make a decision?

Decision Time   

69 members have voted

1. 1. When are you planning to make a decision?

• I've already decided on a program
    • I plan to make a decision before April 1st
    • I plan to make a decision before April 7th
    • I won't make a decision until April 15th
    • I'm still waiting for my first acceptance

I have a visit scheduled next weekend and the monday-tuesday afterwards. By that time, if I've heard from one remaining school that I'm still interested in that I haven't heard from, I will know. Though, this school is taking forever!

I'm still kinda hoping to get into FSU, which is the last school left of my "top" choices. They told me letters wouldn't go out till the end of the month (!!) which means I can't really make a decision until I hear from them.

Like the majority of the replies, I would be responding sooner if I could, but I'm holding onto some stupid hope that I might be accepted from my wait-list school and/or the schools that haven't notified me one way or the other, yet.

Is April 15 a universal deadline? I haven't even heard from all schools yet, so I don't know if I will be able to decide by then...

It's *almost* universal in that it's the mandated earliest deadline by the Council of Graduate Schools. Very few programs do not abide by this standard.