NDSEG fellowship

BG7

This is really strange, but I was just catching up on all the insanity on the thread from this weekend (I hadn't checked it since Friday afternoon), and then I saw the old posts about logging in online. So I logged in online and saw that I had received an award. Then I was really confused that I hadn't received an email notification, so I went back to my email, and realized I had received an email about 10 minutes ago (before I logged into the website).

Actually, I received two emails, one at 1:16 pm EST (award notification, which exactly matched the text posted earlier by the other awardee), and one at 1:26 pm EST (award package).

I don't know if this means everyone will start to receive the notifications now, or if the letters are still straggling out, but since I've been stalking this page, I thought I would let everyone know... theorize away!

Here's what we need to do. Build a near light speed vehicle and fly around in it for, say, half an hour. According to Einstein, it should be Tuesday or so for the rest of humanity at that point, so we will likely have gotten all the notifications. Also, guaranteed funding for life for building the near light speed vehicle.

I'm "on board".

Oh geeze. :D

i have yet to hear 42s response....prove your not trollin and i will paypal 10 bucks......lol no one has been informed of the award yet......

Still not convinced huh? I just got my award package but I won't bother posting it since people will just say it was photoshopped or something... :rolleyes:

I just spoke to NDSEG offices who said "All notifications will be issued today."

As a friend just told me, "Just like they were all going to be sent out on Friday?"

This is really strange, but I was just catching up on all the insanity on the thread from this weekend (I hadn't checked it since Friday afternoon), and then I saw the old posts about logging in online. So I logged in online and saw that I had received an award. Then I was really confused that I hadn't received an email notification, so I went back to my email, and realized I had received an email about 10 minutes ago (before I logged into the website).

Actually, I received two emails, one at 1:16 pm EST (award notification, which exactly matched the text posted earlier by the other awardee), and one at 1:26 pm EST (award package).

I don't know if this means everyone will start to receive the notifications now, or if the letters are still straggling out, but since I've been stalking this page, I thought I would let everyone know... theorize away!

what field?

congrats btw!

Edited by kkompiles

tried logging into "awards" page and got:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The change you wanted was rejected.

Maybe you tried to change something you didn't have access to.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is different than before anyways

I got that too...then I tried again a minute later and was back to the same old thing.

Still not convinced huh? I just got my award package but I won't bother posting it since people will just say it was photoshopped or something... :rolleyes:

Yeah just got the award package as well. I actually thought about posting it for a second, but quickly regained my sanity.

YEAH! That's what I got on Saturday! But I didn't take a screenshot of it before I refreshed and got "locked out." The page that I got forwarded to after logging in was ndseg.asee.org/award/sessions, but if you go there without logging in, it's a 404 page. It's a little odd because if you type in a random address like ndseg.asee.org/award/test, it's a different 404 page.

what field?

congrats btw!

I'm in CS. I think people are mostly believing people now, since there have been a few more people who heard back, but in case people care, here is the text of the email that had the award package attached.

Anyways, if you haven't heard, good luck. It certainly seems like a very sporadic notification process, so I would try not to read too much into anything.

Congratulations again on receiving the 2011 NDSEG Fellowship! Attached you will find the Awardee Package.

The Terms and Conditions form contains descriptions of the program’s details, and requires your name, signature, social security number, and the date. Signing the Terms and Conditions indicates your formal acceptance of the NDSEG Fellowship. The Fellow Contact Information form provides ASEE with your contact information and should be submitted along with your signed Terms and Conditions. If you do not yet know your graduate institution, please send in the form with that field blank, and then you may email us when you decide. The Authorization for Direct Deposit form provides ASEE with the information on your banking institution allowing ASEE to pay your monthly stipend electronically, thereby guaranteeing that you receive your stipend in a timely manner. You may delay sending this form until you know your banking information for the upcoming year. The Citizenship Requirements instructions are to be completed as soon as possible, and will provide ASEE with the necessary proof of citizenship documentation. Also included in the award package are memos on the taxability of your fellowship and on the patent rights of fellows. The offer of the NDSEG Fellowship is conditional based upon the availability of funds and the fellow's satisfactory progress towards an advanced degree in science or engineering.

You have not finished accepting the NDSEG Fellowship offer until you complete, sign and date the Terms and Conditions and return it to ASEE as soon as possible. The other documents may follow at a later date. Please send the required documents to ASEE by regular mail (not email or fax) to formally accept the appointment and we will confirm receipt of the materials via email.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact ASEE at 202.649.3831 or by email at NDSEG@asee.org. We will be happy to assist you.

Congratulations once again!

The NDSEG Program Team at ASEE

1818 N Street NW, Suite 600

Washington, DC 20036

Phone: (202) 649-3831

Fax: (202) 265-8504

As everyone else's awards are rolling in and my inbox is empty.. I'm losing all hope :(

Exactly how I feel right now...

Has anyone received a rejection notice yet?? (I know that sounds like a mean question, but I'm curious if the only notices have been acceptances)

Edited by Durf

Uck, me too.

Hahah, I bet ASEE did not foresee this forum in which we discuss minute-by-minute actions when they chose to release these as slowwwlllyyy-annndd-paaainnnffullly-as-posssibllleeee....

Has anyone received a rejection notice yet?? (I know that sounds like a mean question, but I'm curious if the only notices have been acceptances)

One of the first ones to claim they received a notification also said their friend got a rejection. So, who knows.

Good luck everyone. I still be lieve the weekend posts are trolls. Straight ernest scared stupid trolls. But I think the awards will start trickling in over the next few hours. And the speed of light flight machine seems too far fetched. Let's just run around our labs as fast as we can. Maybe we will lose a nanosecond of waiting time! Or we can shoot through the stargate during a solar flare...that ( as porven in sg-1) will just get us to tomorrow instantly! Anyone up for a drive to cheyanne mountain?

Maybe they're just saving the best (the rejections) for last. I look forward to mine! At least that way I can stop worry about it!

Come on rejections....

Too bad everyone on this forum is spread about the country. I would suggest that we all have a happy hour to commiserate the rejections and celebrate the acceptances. The most important thing is that we will know our fate. And knowing is half the battle.

Too bad everyone on this forum is spread about the country. I would suggest that we all have a happy hour to commiserate the rejections and celebrate the acceptances. The most important thing is that we will know our fate. And knowing is half the battle.

Happy hour sounds like a FANTASTIC idea..