Boren 2011-2012

jg33

I'm not sure I'd stick to that sentiment...If I were a Boren rep, I'd send it out at 4:59pm so I don't have to deal with the influx of calls from people wondering why their application wasn't accepted, alternates wondering how good/bad their chances are, etc.

I think speculating on time of day it's going to go out is getting way to specific in scope...I have a gut feeling it will be tomorrow :).

if we go off of the "they want to let ppl know early in the day so they can start corresponding with the award recipient ASAP" thing, i guess we're not hearing today...

Did you receive a follow-up email from Boren (excluding the survey email)?

yes....BUT, who knows what that email means. Also, someone asked when the campus rep rec'd the email...she rec'd it yesterday. Hopefully that means we get an email today? I don't know, I suppose I should be most concerned about completing my last final!! :)

I just spent like 45 minutes pouring over every word on this thread! I had actually forgotten the fact that the results were coming back soon until this morning and decided to see if people were talking about it. I am glad I didn't see this thread last week because I would have just been thinking about it non-stop....

I am applying for a fellowship for Mandarin in China and a project about Chinese attitudes and norms regarding health care delivery. I didn't get the letter about my budget -- I am hoping this just means I was specific enough in the original application. I have a pretty extensive Chinese background so I am hoping this helps. My degree is in nursing: AFAIK I am the first person to do this since I had to specifically e-mail the Boren people to add that option to the drop down menu on the application. I am thinking this is either going to really help me or really hurt. Either way, should be finding out tomorrow....

For those who are planning to go to Syria, CET sent me this today:

CET made the decision to suspend the Summer 2011 Intensive Arabic Language & Culture Studies program in Aleppo. We are offering, however, an alternate summer program in Jordan for our students. Maintaining our high academic standards and firm commitment to language immersion, the CET Jordan program will offer the same intensive Arabic language curriculum covering 140 total hours of class time. CET has chosen a non-Amman location to temporarily house our intensive Arabic program and will preserve many of our Aleppo program features including a full-time Arabic only language pledge, local language partners, and an on-site program director.

We are still planning to make a final decision regarding the Fall program in Aleppo by June 1st. In the event that we are not able to offer the fall program in Aleppo, we will consider the Jordan site to relocate the fall program.

That's weirdly non-specific of them. Is it going to be in Zarqa or Irbid?

Its a fluid situation and there's been no mention of where. My Dad spoke with them last week and they were originally thinking about moving it to Turkey! I'm glad they switched to Jordan and I hope we're going to have Syrian instructors. With Egypt dropping the travel warning though I'd really like to return to the Middlebury program in Alexandria -and I may do so. Are you planning to study in Jordan? Egypt? Syria?

Man, is time standing still in any other states outside of California?! lol Ugh, talk about suspense. I'm surprised I haven't received a letter from Comcast telling me stop stop refreshing my inbox because nothing is there, lol. So, does anyone have any backup study abroad plans in case this doesn't work in your favor? If I don't receive a fellowship I will still go abroad but only for a few months of language study.

I have an internship setup for Belize next month so I at least have that to look forward to in case I don't get to go to South Africa for the fall. Also I am looking at some language immersion programs for either later in the summer or for winter break....

Man, is time standing still in any other states outside of California?! lol Ugh, talk about suspense. I'm surprised I haven't received a letter from Comcast telling me stop stop refreshing my inbox because nothing is there, lol. So, does anyone have any backup study abroad plans in case this doesn't work in your favor? If I don't receive a fellowship I will still go abroad but only for a few months of language study.

I've not been as inefficient as I have been this week in a very long time...and its exam week. its getting pathetic, if they dont send the notifications out today I'm going to be out of control.

Same. Stress is killing me, and I have four exams this week. Heck I'd be happy with a simple email that said "yes yuo got it/no you didnt'.

Same. Stress is killing me, and I have four exams this week. Heck I'd be happy with a simple email that said "yes yuo got it/no you didnt'.

I'd be less stressed even if they just told us. 'emails will go out Friday morning' or whenever instead of thinking it can come at any minute!

I'd be less stressed even if they just told us. 'emails will go out Friday morning' or whenever instead of thinking it can come at any minute!

Well someone on their FB page asked if we were getting them today. They haven't answered yet, so I doubt it.

Hahaha! That was hilarious. I just have my inbox open right in front of me...its probably not a good idea because everytime i hear a *PING* i jump in my chair and sulk back into it... :)

Hahaha! That was hilarious. I just have my inbox open right in front of me...its probably not a good idea because everytime i hear a *PING* i jump in my chair and sulk back into it... :)

hahaha I do the same thing! I thought I received an email from Boren but when I checked it was from Amazon.com so I got mad and unsubscribed from their mailing list..........and I love amazon.com so this Boren nonsense is changing my personality and making me evil! hahaha This is awful! It's like waiting up the night before Christmas only Christmas isn't coming and you are awake and waiting, and waiting, ugh. I can think of a million other ways of torturing a human that are far more humane than waiting for this darn announcement! lol

I hope you all I know I was this | | close to making a post saying I received an email to send the masses into hysteria...but then I had a weird feeling about karma and decided against it.

This is getting ridiculous, just tell us already!