Boren 2011-2012

jg33

i'm a fellowship applicant for brazil - also struggling with the suspense! i hope they send notice by email tomorrow...the uncertainty is making it hard to concentrate for finals! good luck everyone

Welcome, and good luck! Can you please email your information for the spreadsheet (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?hl=en&hl=en&key=t3qOsagddRpBd48y-yJ-aiA&authkey=CPu-4N4N#gid=0) to boren2011.2012@gmail.com?

Thanks!

HUZZAH USA! Very proud to be an American today. Regardless of the outcome of Boren decisions, the emotions stirred up in me by the good news released today have reaffirmed for me that I absolutely know what I want to do and can't wait to serve our country in some capacity!

HUZZAH USA! Very proud to be an American today. Regardless of the outcome of Boren decisions, the emotions stirred up in me by the good news released today have reaffirmed for me that I absolutely know what I want to do and can't wait to serve our country in some capacity!

Agreed 100%

I thought we should be getting e-mail notifications today. Hope we hear soon!!

On the other note, Bin Laden's death was just such unexpected news. The way his whole murder was conducted was just weird to listen to for me...

the concensus was notification via email AND snail mail, right? will let everyone know as soon as i hear something.

I thought we should be getting e-mail notifications today. Hope we hear soon!!

On the other note, Bin Laden's death was just such unexpected news. The way his whole murder was conducted was just weird to listen to for me...

don't people think that we could get the email today though? like I feel that we will get emails before paper mail and this may be wrong but that we would get an email on D.C. time. so in that scenario we still could get notifications...? this is seriously so frustrating....if i dont get this i wont be able to go and will have to make a mad dash to finalize alternate plans and register for my fall semester....aaaaahhhhhhhh i really hope we find out today!

I gave in and emailed them... here is the reply:

"We hope to send the emails earlythis week. We still have a few details to finalize so we’re not sure the exactdate yet."

Maybe that means we'll hear tomorrow?! I wouldn't get your hopes up for an email today anyways. The waiting continues!!

i'm pretty sure they will initially inform us via email and the official notification will come via snail mail at a later date...

i'm still hoping for end of the day today! i really really wanna call them to ask but i feel like a nuisance so I wont...ughhhhh

don't people think that we could get the email today though? like I feel that we will get emails before paper mail and this may be wrong but that we would get an email on D.C. time. so in that scenario we still could get notifications...? this is seriously so frustrating....if i dont get this i wont be able to go and will have to make a mad dash to finalize alternate plans and register for my fall semester....aaaaahhhhhhhh i really hope we find out today!

Same boat here. I already am on "special permission" to study abroad next year so I have about two or three days to register for classes at my uni in case I don't get the Boren. :-S I HOPE we get the email first. That way we can ignore the envelope if we didn't get accepted :-(

If only they gave us an iPad as well! :-D

I gave in and emailed them... here is the reply:

"We hope to send the emails earlythis week. We still have a few details to finalize so we’re not sure the exactdate yet."

Maybe that means we'll hear tomorrow?! I wouldn't get your hopes up for an email today anyways. The waiting continues!!

*bawls like a little girl*

Wow! 29 Users reading this post today?!?! That's the most I've ever seen. For those of you who are guests and haven't joined in the discussion yet, what were your program proposals?

Good luck to everyone....Looks like we may have another restless night ahead of us

I just have this forum open as a tab as I continue to work. It's nice to know that other people are undergoing the same kind of anxiety :)

@riverguide: Nice one. It's just strange that they gave him a proper burial according to Islamic laws and thus far have not released any visual evidence regarding his killing. I am not speculating whether the incident actually happened...I am sure it did. But the way the whole thing went down was just eerie to listen to on the news for me. I am definitely glad that he was killed and not held hostage because that's just a waste of tax money in my opinion. I also think regarding national security, it would not have been safe to hold him as a prisoner. But then again his killing also raises questions about possible terrorist attacks from his followers, and I would have to say I will remain on edge for a while when I think about that.