Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Awaiting a decision is so nerve-wrecking right now! I am happy for everyone else though--all these acceptances and alternates make me feel somewhat hopeful.

But I can't help but wonder how many people are willing to post that they have an acceptance but not the rejections. Is it that there are generally more acceptances than rejections or is it that the rejections are too ashamed to post?

Awaiting a decision is so nerve-wrecking right now! I am happy for everyone else though--all these acceptances and alternates make me feel somewhat hopeful.

But I can't help but wonder how many people are willing to post that they have an acceptance but not the rejections. Is it that there are generally more acceptances than rejections or is it that the rejections are too ashamed to post?

Hi sonnyday,

I'm told by the Fulbright coordinator at my school that, after the initial recommendation phase, host countries are given twice as many applicants as there are spots available for each particular country. So overall there should be an equal number of rejections and acceptances.

Here's the response I got from Pam that I promised to share with all my Central America/Caribbean buddies out there:

Dear _________,

We are working to get the notification out as soon as possible. I hope by mid-April or so we will be letting applicants know.

Best, Pam

Hopefully this means we will know in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you tunnels!

This makes me think that they have decisions, but are just "working to get the notifications out." Let's pretend that's the case. That means this week or next. I wonder if the Ash Wednesday/Good Friday/ Easter holiday(s) are going to interfere.

I don't know anything much about these holidays, but they sure seem to jam up the public transit in my area.

I AM GOING TO ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Its good to hear that some news has started to roll out again. I like to live vicariously through everyone's good news as I sit here and obsessively bite my finger nails and hit the refresh button on my mailbox.

It's wonderful to hear everyone's great news. I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear from the Netherlands. Based on the last 4 year's notification dates, I'm estimating April 10th. Just found out this am that my back-up school funding fell through. Really hard to keep my Fulbright hopes up in light if this devastating news.

Has anyone else out there been selected for an ETA to South Korea? I'm excited!

There's a Facebook group for us! Not many people have joined it yet...so you should join it. (You, too, other Korea lurkers!)

It's wonderful to hear everyone's great news. I'm (im)patiently waiting to hear from the Netherlands. Based on the last 4 year's notification dates, I'm estimating April 10th. Just found out this am that my back-up school funding fell through. Really hard to keep my Fulbright hopes up in light if this devastating news.

hang in there! The Netherlands 2011 awardee from my university found out April 10th too, so that date sounds right. Fingers crossed! :)