Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Futurelawyerchick, I'm thinking we could call IIE program manager for the region (Here's the page for Europe/Eurasia if anyone's curious to see: http://us.fulbrightonline.org/program_regions_countries.html?id=3). But then, of course, I doubt they'd release any info not already publicly available...right? Not that it would affect our applications, but I'd hate to bug them when they must be so swamped. I just don't know. Gah.

Futurelawyerchick, I'm thinking we could call IIE program manager for the region (Here's the page for Europe/Eurasia if anyone's curious to see: http://us.fulbrighto...tries.html?id=3). But then, of course, I doubt they'd release any info not already publicly available...right? Not that it would affect our applications, but I'd hate to bug them when they must be so swamped. I just don't know. Gah.

I'm desperate enough for news, I'm going to call in the morning. :) I live in California, 212 area code is New York so I'll be calling at 10:30am their time, if someone else wanted to call earlier...

I'm desperate enough for news, I'm going to call in the morning. :) I live in California, 212 area code is New York so I'll be calling at 10:30am their time, if someone else wanted to call earlier...

You're amazing.

Ha, thanks!

I spoke with Rachel and she said the email would go out sometime the last week of January but she's not sure what day. So we still have about two weeks.

oh wow you called, thanks! but the wait continues...

General question here--for current and past applicants. I have friends who received a phone call during January as part of the vetting process. Is that standard operating procedure in different countries? Can people who have received Fulbrights confirm (or others who know folks who have won) that they received the award without such a phone call?

(applying to Belgium in philosophy)

TPain

T Pain: It's still too early to create a spreadsheet. Best we wait for the first round decisions first and then one can be made.

Regarding the telephone call, I only think a handful of countries will call you for the interview process (I haven't heard many that do that).

hello, i'm a german research applicant, and i just wanted to let you guys know that i talked to cara doble, one of the program managers, about 15 minutes ago. she said that first round decisions had been made and that the email will actually go out any day between NOW and the end of the month. so: it could be tomorrow, or it could be the last day of january, but she did say that it will likely be sooner rather than later.

that seems strange. when i talked to cara doble on the phone, she confirmed that decisions for all programs had been made and that they actually needed to get notifications out as soon as possible. the 31st seems kind of late, historically.

she specified that it was all programs and her exact words were first "sooner rather than later" and then, "we want to get them out as soon as possible."

she was also incredibly nice and genuinely interested in giving me this information. when i first called i got her voicemail, but she called me back within 45 minutes, giving me the above information.

Edited by vordhosbntwin

hmm. I don't know. maybe my adviser meant "by the 31st," although that's not what she said in her email. I just want to have some preparation before I get the email so I can freak out a little...