Fulbright 2012-2013

Bkid-Sapps

Sleep anyone? :P I hope everyone has a great night. Try your best to get a good nights rest and most importantly stay healthy!! I know this will be hard for most, however, tomorrow before you open your letters get something to eat for breakfast, lunch or dinner. (whenever you receive your letters) If possible, sit calmly B) and read your letters! :D Remember, whatever happens we are all here for the support you need!! Again, have a great night, sleep well and Good Luck for tomorrow!!

(This is me trying to get some sleep)

Is it tomorrow yet? :P

Just Kidding!!

They said we'd hear in the evening, I think -- but then, that could just be to cover however long it takes to send out thousands and thousands of emails. :) Good luck to everyone. At least we'll know, right? Personally, my plans are the same either way, but the support would obviously mean a lot.

cabooklover, have you checked with Birmingham whether they can help at all, if by some fluke the FB doesn't come through? I know Scotland has a handful of partial scholarships for foreign students (Santandre or Santander or something like that I think) -- not sure if they are applicable in England too.

Yes, I have! They have some scholarships and I am in the midst of applying for them right now. A little help would be tremendous, so I've got all of my fingers and toes crossed that I get something from somewhere. :) Thank you for mentioning it though!

Anyone else reading up on their horoscope to try and predict the results... feeling a little ridiculous right about now

Well, I am now, thanks! LMAO

ETA:

Safiri, I agree with Molly. We're all so on edge, that your post probably just rubbed some people the wrong way. However, you have to admit, the whole cookie thing was kind of funny! At least we haven't lost our sense of humor! :)

Edited by cabooklover

@msafiri apologies, but i wasn't telling you that your experience or opinions are not valuable. they most certainly are, for you are where we all want to be sitting....especially considering your country does not have a committee and fewer grants are offered. you are most likely able to provide an inordinate amount of advice. i was merely suggesting, in what i believed to be a rather comical fashion, that your word choice and tone came off somewhat condescending and diminutive. i understood where you were coming from and probably what you meant to say, but the tone was a teensy bit distasteful. you kind of sounded like an old british woman of society confused as to why the maids would complain about their feet hurting. instead of calling you a dick and telling you to fuck off (in turn being a dick myself) i decided to make a silly joke about it.

Edited by waveaflag

@msafiri apologies, but i wasn't telling you that your experience or opinions are not valuable. they most certainly are, for you are where we all want to be sitting....especially considering your country does not have a committee and fewer grants are offered. you are most likely able to provide an inordinate amount of advice. i was merely suggesting, in what i believed to be a rather comical fashion, that your word choice and tone came off somewhat condescending and diminutive. i understood where you were coming from and probably what you meant to say, but the tone was a teensy bit distasteful. you kind of sounded like an old british woman of society confused as to why the maids would complain about their feet hurting. instead of calling you a dick and telling you to fuck off (in turn being a dick myself) i decided to make a silly joke about it.

I am so happy you cleared that up... I'm glad to see that you are back in the boat with the rest of us! We missed you!

I had a horrible dream last night that I received an email from the commission saying something along the lines of "We made a mistake, we won't be telling you until the 40th of January". Obviously the 40th doesn't exist, but in the dream it was totally logical (and devastating). I just want to know already!

I had a horrible dream last night that I received an email from the commission saying something along the lines of "We made a mistake, we won't be telling you until the 40th of January". Obviously the 40th doesn't exist, but in the dream it was totally logical (and devastating). I just want to know already!

hahaha... i hardly slept

Thank you! I'd been pretty calm throughout most of the process, but I'd been getting restless the past week or so. (Though I don't know where my first post went? But yes, I found out yesterday evening that my application for an ETA in Germany has been "recommended" to the next round.) I hope that today brings good news for everyone!

Thank you! I'd been pretty calm throughout most of the process, but I'd been getting restless the past week or so. (Though I don't know where my first post went? But yes, I found out yesterday evening that my application for an ETA in Germany has been "recommended" to the next round.) I hope that today brings good news for everyone!

Congratulations! I hope I'm right there with you with the recommendation, and that we're both ETA-ing in Germany next year!

Congrats, that is great! :D

happy to come across this forum! it's the 19th of January and i am definitely freaking out. i keep looking at my email as if some news will magically appear within the five seconds i last checked....so anxious!!

i applied for an ETA in France :)

happy to come across this forum! it's the 19th of January and i am definitely freaking out. i keep looking at my email as if some news will magically appear within the five seconds i last checked....so anxious!!

i applied for an ETA in France :)

i keep getting irrelevant gmail notifications ugh! the linkedin "fulbright" one almost killed me