Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

I think the fact that we are all reading into every correspondence means that we are excellent historians... regardless of where we get accepted. Kelkel, I am super stoked about our publication prospects.

Argh Im on my phone and I accidently down voted you. Some one vote Curlicue up to make up for my fat thumb!!!

But yes I agree. I think in a few years we'll be major players in the field of grad age historiography.

When I got the email last week, I was told by my POI that they're on a strict timetable and he had to have the interview done by the end of the week. My sense was that the subcommittees had to be done reviewing applications last week, before passing the file on to the two (or three?) committees left for applications to go through before final decisions. I'm guessing the new Yale result is someone who had an interview last week or this weekend, and only got around to sharing it now (I could be wrong!).

I suppose only time will tell. I like Crater's theory because it gives me a glimmer of hope but you're probably right. Either way, for next year's applicants: don't churn out a left-handed book review!!!! No diss to lefties, but I really didn't put enough work/thought into that and now I'm kicking myself.

We need StrangeLight's take ... SL the floor is yours, take it away?

Stupid question: did you name yourself after Osiris?

If so, it would be even more amazing if you were studying to do Egyptology. I geeked out last night by watching that horrible movie with Brendan Fraser in it....

If so, it would be even more amazing if you were studying to do Egyptology. I geeked out last night by watching that horrible movie with Brendan Fraser in it....

Yes its from my nickname in HS & its stuck ever since

Yes its from my nickname in HS & its stuck ever since

Hi again everyone! I had a rough day today, with some frustrating news from my doctor, so I've gotta say that the good news from my POI was especially welcome and appreciated.

So tonight, I'm just trying to take it easy and breathe... and not worry about health, or applications.

Um, the beast grew by five pages today, so at this rate we will have 375 more pages by April 15......We may have to implement some sort of division of labor with a Decisions Thread or something.

That's because you guys are just absolutely nuts.

Thanks, Sapperdaddy. I was beginning to wonder what happened! If you don't mind me asking, what is your area of interest? I hope you haven't answered this in an earlier post....

Edited by Milania

Apparently, when I type in grad cafe to google, it tells me that I've visited this page 138 times in the past two days. Something is seriously wrong.

I'm nuts? I'll concede to that.

Ooh- where does it say that? I'd love to see what my count is.

Ooh- where does it say that? I'd love to see what my count is.

It says in small grayish letters right beneath the link. And I was wrong. The count was for solely today.

Kill me. But maybe wait until I've been notified officially.

Happy February everyone! This is the big month. Can you believe it?

I just want it to be the end of next week already. There was so much nervous chatter on here over the last 2 days...very few results or actual news. Hope everybody can hang in there