Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

Oh my, I just saw the post on the results page that said that official acceptances to UNC would be sent out later today. Officially freaking out.

Not sure if I can deal with that right now...

Edited by taybaxter

Not sure if I can deal with that right now...

Eek re UNC. I was so hoping for a nice, calm Monday.

Also, it really looks like Yale will send rejections on Valentine's Day. Again. Seriously--does the graduate secretary or graduate school NOT look at calendars? I thought last year was a fluke, but now it's just kinda funny if it happens again.

What a boring day...

I have no idea when I should be hearing from the masters programs I've applied to and it's driving me CRAZY.

Which ones did you apply to? I believe most will notify after they notify about the PhD applicants first (Indiana rejected people and then accepted masters people. I think we're unclear how when they accepted PhD applicants). I'm waiting on Binghamton and the results survey clearly indicates an early March decision for both PhD and masters applicants.

Which ones did you apply to? I believe most will notify after they notify about the PhD applicants first (Indiana rejected people and then accepted masters people. I think we're unclear how when they accepted PhD applicants). I'm waiting on Binghamton and the results survey clearly indicates an early March decision for both PhD and masters applicants.

I applied to Kansas State and LSU. Neither have very much info on the results surveys for MAs which is the most frustrating part.

I called KSU last week and she did say they are under review, however the deadline is March 1st for those who didn't want to be considered for a TAship or department funding... Does that mean even though I applied by December 1st, I won't hear until after March 1st? So lame if true.

I applied to Kansas State and LSU. Neither have very much info on the results surveys for MAs which is the most frustrating part.

I called KSU last week and she did say they are under review, however the deadline is March 1st for those who didn't want to be considered for a TAship or department funding... Does that mean even though I applied by December 1st, I won't hear until after March 1st? So lame if true.

LSU has already started notifying their PhD applicants, so hopefully it won't be much longer before you hear about the MA

LSU has already started notifying their PhD applicants, so hopefully it won't be much longer before you hear about the MA

Yeah, I noticed that. Last year, an MA was accepted on February 8th or 9th, so last week I was going nuts. haha trying to reel in my insanity for a couple weeks.

I think I was that LSU MA. I was accepted either very early February or the dead end of January. It was shortly after I had submitted by application though. I know another girl was also accepted for the MA, but I don't remember when she received her acceptance. But we did begin communicating about it around this time last year.

Edited by Kelkel

I can't decide if I would rather have deafening silence like last week, or to hear the executioner's axe...

Don't forget option C! A torrent of fabulous acceptances! AND A NEW CAR.

(I'm a little punchy. That "notifications will come from UNC later today...." message is totally messing with me.)

I'm off to make cookies to distract myself from staring nail-bitingly at screens. It's not helping me write my thesis.

If anyone wants a cookie, please come over.

Don't forget option C! A torrent of fabulous acceptances! AND A NEW CAR.

(I'm a little punchy. That "notifications will come from UNC later today...." message is totally messing with me.)

I'm off to make cookies to distract myself from staring nail-bitingly at screens. It's not helping me write my thesis.

If anyone wants a cookie, please come over.

I'm down for cookies. And coffee. And that new car. I'll take option CCC.

Hey guys! I've been sort of absent lately while dealing with some health stuff... But I got great news from my doctor today! That whole thing really put the application process in perspective for me though. Big time.

How's everyone doing? Nervous and neurotic still? This thread is so huge now! Happy Monday!

Edited by goldielocks

also, which is worse? getting emails from people who are not universities, or getting general v-day emails from random clothing stores/hair salons/gyms that i don't actually belong to because i am lazy?

Worst is the emails that I occasionally get from a University that will not be named inviting me to take a survey about my application process. Before they have sent out any results. I've gotten at least three emails from official looking accounts with subject lines that say "University of BlahBlah". Every time I have a brief heart attack before I click on the email and see it's just another friendly survey invitation. Seriously. It's like a very sick form of torture.

Okay. Now with the cookies for real. Ahem.