Fall 2012 Applicant Chit Chat

goldielocks

I just into Harvard's AmCiv program! I had pretty much given up hope! Quite possibly my top choice! Yes!

Letter in the mail — after seeing that waitlist notice go up on the board last week, and not getting any phone calls, which is how they've notified in the past, I had assumed there was no chance. But no! Now to wait for Yale...

I just into Harvard's AmCiv program! I had pretty much given up hope! Quite possibly my top choice! Yes!

Letter in the mail — after seeing that waitlist notice go up on the board last week, and not getting any phone calls, which is how they've notified in the past, I had assumed there was no chance. But no! Now to wait for Yale...

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Now I want to run home and check my mailbox..... Can I ask who your POI is?

Congratulations!

Great work CP! When did they send the letter out?

Dear History Grad Cafe-ers,

Okay, I'm officially rejected-across-the-board. I got my Stanford reject just a few minutes ago. Now, I'm going to get off here for awhile and finish my last semester of my MA program (plan b exam in may). To those of you who were accepted: congratulations from the bottom of my heart!! For those of us with no acceptances: I'll see you on here again. I am going to be reapplying in the Fall of 2013. I am going to take next year to write some articles, work on getting published, learn more languages and such.

I will be back.

I will get into a doctoral program.

I have reached my goal of applying before I turned 30. Now, I need to reach my goal and finish up this Master's semester. I think I will pick up German next year-- any other recommendations? I have Romanian, Spanish, and a working knowledge (reading) of French. I think German and Hebrew would be good ones next. Or Hungarian...or Russian...hmmm.

For those of you that have been so gracious to PM me- I WILL be returning your letters. Just give me a bit. I am reading 5 books a week and working on two 25 page papers for May. :) Also- anyone else want to keep in contact? I would love to know real names and emails and even facebooks (or linked ins). Just PM me for details. So, you all have been amazingly supportive and I look forward to lurking this fall and then getting back into the thick of things in Fall 2013.

Again, congratufuckinglations (in a good way!!) to those who got in! You are all-stars, know that for sure.

Love,

A_Finicky_Bean

PS- If you are in the SF Bay area, let me know...I got the tips on getting to Stanford (and I'm in the east bay) and nice residences. Also, I'm presenting a paper at Berkeley in May if any of you are around (oh, awkward going there when I've got rejected...but so is applying to Indiana's language program this summer and working in the Hoover archives at Stanford).

PPS- I am so happy to have been around such a great group of people and I sincerely hope to become "real life" friends with many/most/all of you.

Edited by A Finicky Bean

I will be back.

I will get into a doctoral program.

PPS- I am so happy to have been around such a great group of people and I sincerely hope to become "real life" friends with many/most/all of you.

*hugs* I know next year will turn out better for you... it WILL happen for you.

runner09, would you mind giving us more details on your UPenn admit? Was it a mass email, email from POI, etc? Congrats!! You must be feeling great.

Sure! I had an interview on Feb 10th and they said via skype (at the end of it) that they would be in touch in a couple of weeks with decisions. I just got back from work and saw an email from the chair of the graduate committee. It looked like it was a form email with my name attached to the top. It had some brief details about funding and visiting days. Oh, and they said that there over 400 applicants. They did 25 or so interviews.