Welcome to the 2011-2012 Cycle

Based on the results posted today I suspect I will hear back from Illinois, more than likely with a rejection.

It's about time for you to hear some good news. We're all pulling for you!

Agreed! I bet good news is on the way for you grantman (and hopefully for everyone else too)!!

Based on the results posted today I suspect I will hear back from Illinois, more than likely with a rejection.

sir grantman cheer up! you will hear good news very soon. I am also pulling for you, when I am not pulling for myself :) everything will be ok

I can't believe Yale is making us wait until the end of next week - I hope that means rejections by the end of next week, not more of this trickling out interviews and decisions. I just want to know where I stand so I can start making plans for the next five years of my life :)

Edit: and grantman, I'm crossing all available digits for you!

Edited by saltlakecity2012

I can't believe Yale is making us wait until the end of next week - I hope that means rejections by the end of next week, not more of this trickling out interviews and decisions. I just want to know where I stand so I can start making plans for the next five years of my life :)

Edit: and grantman, I'm crossing all available digits for you!

Man, exactly! At this point I would just like some definite answers from everywhere so that I can just make a decision, be excited about it, and buy a t-shirt.

Man, exactly! At this point I would just like some definite answers from everywhere so that I can just make a decision, be excited about it, and buy a t-shirt.

I haven't heard back from any of my universities yet.... I'm such a nervous wreck :S

Yeah, I agree. At this point, I'm 2 for 2 on official decisions, but fully 5 of the other 6 schools have apparently sent out admits - so I could well be 2 for 7 right now. Only Princeton has been silent, and I expect that will change this week. So I really just want to know if I should start looking for apartments in New Jersey or Wisconsin, really.

Edited by balderdash

Oyyy, you and me both. I got an acceptance email from USC tonight and when I went to post it and saw the UWash acceptance, it kind of spoiled the moment because UWash is my top pick right now. I want a phone call :(

Congratulations on USC! Any acceptance is a good acceptance!

I'm so with you. It would be great to get in some more places, but I'm not greedy and I'm super excited, I'd just like to decide! Also, I'm in a very complicated airline ticket buying situation right now that can't really be resolved until I have news...prices just keep going up and I just keep having to wait...

If anyone applied to work with Chris Blattman at Yale, he just posted on his blog that he's moving to Columbia next year. For doctoral students accepted at the latter institution, he'll be supervising on the political economy of development.

Edited by balderdash