PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Chicago takes longer. I wouldn't expect a decision from them for a while.

Sorry, I mentioned anything. I'll just go back to crunching the numbers on admissions data or something equally exciting :)

now i am even more curious~

UNC was the first school I heard back from last year. I wanna say I got my acceptance in the first week of February. TAMU's came two or three weeks later.

Heh, looks like some serious overlap, Walrus! Where else did you apply?

I see the first acceptance from UC-Davis on the list. The first of a tidal wave of notifications?

Between this site and poliscijobrumors, I've been extremely unproductive every time I get online. Which is not good when the deadline for submitting an article I'm working on is Feb. 1st... and there's still that undergrad thesis to do as well. I might be getting a taste of grad school life over the next few weeks at this rate, especially with a methods course on the side.

Good luck to all! It's an exciting, if nerve-wracking, time.

lol - I hate that we even have to consider that someone would lie about a result. It's just cruel and wrong and down right stupid.

But Davis did get back to people early last year...I'm not sure if I believe it, but I'm not as ready to dismiss it as that one a month ago that was accepted 3 weeks after he posted. lol

I bet it's a real post - so congrats anonymous and register so you can post and tell us all about it.

Congrats to the admit. It is exciting that the notifications have started.

As for the date, if I recall from last year, the default setting of the date admitted is one day ahead of the current day - thus you need to actively change that, which is counter intuitive.

Shouldn't Ohio State U. and UNC Chapel hill be notifying this week? I'm perhaps doubly frantic about finding out - my spouse is applying to medical residency programs, and we have to match (the city, at least). Feels like shooting a bullet with a bullet. Except the second bullet is also really slippery.

Shouldn't Ohio State U. and UNC Chapel hill be notifying this week? I'm perhaps doubly frantic about finding out - my spouse is applying to medical residency programs, and we have to match (the city, at least). Feels like shooting a bullet with a bullet. Except the second bullet is also really slippery.

OSU is likely to get back this week but UNC could be next week. They typically respond the first few days of February, which happens to be on the weekend this year.

I'm in a very similar position. My spouse is applying to law schools and we also have to match up on cities. It definitely increases the anxiety of the admissions cycle.