PoliSci 2008-2009 Cycle

CAPoliSciPhD

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone gotten their rejections from columbia yet?

and is it odd that i got accepted to all the public schools i applied to and rejected from all the private? hmm.

I'd take Berkeley and Michigan over most of those private schools anyway, but hey that's just me. :wink:

In short: yes.

I'm sorry to be so pessimistic for those still waiting. :cry:

not to be too optimistic, but the email (which I just got!) was pretty standard and impersonal. it was just like the emails from other places that ended up notifying waitlisted people much later. so i don't think it rules out the waitlist option.

not to be too optimistic, but the email (which I just got!) was pretty standard and impersonal. it was just like the emails from other places that ended up notifying waitlisted people much later. so i don't think it rules out the waitlist option.

Congrats, now I must choose, as I am done hearing from any schools that I am interested in.

I don't suppose anyone has some insider info on Georgetown's Security Studies MA? I noticed Public Policy all over the result board, but not a single SS. I'm already figuring I'm out on the wave of PhD accepts, but I'm really crossing my fingers for the MA.

to those waiting for NYU, i just got an email from the grad coordinator that they are still evaluating applications.

any idea what's happening with MIT admissions...they fedex'ed selected applicants yesterday. so you don't get a letter today/tomorrow, there is no chance.

those who did not hear back from chicago were rejected. i emailed a professor.

i was also curious if many people emailed professors about their interests earlier...so they fight for you in the admissions committee.