Waiting it out 2012... 'I've just submitted my application' thread

fenderpete

I got my first acceptance yesterday at 7:18 PM via email, so theres hope that it can be after 5 PM. Not sure about 10 PM though! Good luck everyone!

Congrats!!! Just another reason to dedicate all evening to refreshing my email/app website. I now do everything at home with my laptop next to me...eat dinner ...watch movies... I think we're dating. :/

That's such a reasonable and rational thought. Unfortunately reason and rationality don't seem to apply to this process. Not to make the rest of you snuggle with your smartphones from now on, but I got an offer last night that was sent after 10 pm in school's timezone.

Congrats!!!!!! You just confirmed my need to keep my phone fully charged. Wow.....

And don't tell my laptop, but I'm cheating on him with my smartphone at night.

I submitted all of my applications pretty early. Unfortunately, this seems to have just made for a longer stress/anxiety period waiting for responses. I had a great interview with my top school, but they informed me they would not be making any admissions offers until they'd had a chance to interview all of their top candidates sometime in March. The waiting is killing me.

That's such a reasonable and rational thought. Unfortunately reason and rationality don't seem to apply to this process. Not to make the rest of you snuggle with your smartphones from now on, but I got an offer last night that was sent after 10 pm in school's timezone.

I also got my acceptance e-mail at 8:30 pm my time (10:30 pm) schools time. I guess you never know when those profs will send out personalized e-mails. They have their own schedules it would appear.

I also got my acceptance e-mail at 8:30 pm my time (10:30 pm) schools time. I guess you never know when those profs will send out personalized e-mails. They have their own schedules it would appear.

Aurgh! Worst fears confirmed....I really should refresh my email all night long.

My schools won't start reporting till next week probably ... at least that's my guess ... I really should start thinking about if they accept me or not what I'll do etc ... or have I left that too late?

UMD is making me even crazier! They're still sending me mail from the bursar on a regular basis, both email and regular mail. If I get one more fakeout envelope or message that just says "You owe $0" I am going to collapse from the stress. They're diabolical I tell you.

I gotta vent about the US Postal Service. I mailed something from Israel two weeks ago, and it still hasn't reached its destination. According to the tracking page, it took it five days to reach the States, then another four to reach its destination city (which is a major east coast city), and four more days have gone by, and the letter still hasn't reached the university. What's up with that?!?

12 apps in... Now I'll start logging back to each one to make sure there aren't any issues (a couple of them already sent email notifications of missing items or form fields)...

I'll have to ask my landlord to replace the mailbox lock by the end of March...There will be a lot of wear and tear between now and then...

Well if this wkd is going to be the calm before the storm, then I say, "lay on Macduff and damned be him who first cries, hold! Enough!" Or something similar to that sentiment, I suppose?

Haha my motto for this whole thing has been "once more into the breach!" I find grad apps and Agincourt have a lot on common :)

...alternately "Certainty of death, small chance of victory- what are we waiting for?"

Edited by LLajax

Haha my motto for this whole thing has been "once more into the breach!" I find grad apps and Agincourt have a lot on common :)

...alternately "Ceetainty of death, small chance of victory- what are we waiting for?"

It is a most resplendid battle worthy to be compared to the one wagered on Crispin Crispian

... and of COURSE there has to be an extra day in February :blink:

I'm going through moments of "it's okay, March will be here before you know it and THEN you'll know" and then straight to "Whhhhyyyyyyy?!?!? I will never know what's going to happen to me!!!!" It reminds me of my Peace Corps time, where I felt like I would never be finished, but now I look back and can't believe two years went by.

I think maybe I need to stop my gradcafe morning ritual... but we all know that's not going to happen. It's also not helping my sanity that three of my schools don't have anything from past results on the survey, so my brain won't let me fully accept I won't hear from anywhere until March...

I can't decide if I like it better now that we have online notifications, etc. I'm glad I don't have to wait for the post every day like a crazy person - senior year of high school, coming home like a little ball of stress every afternoon in April was AWFUL - but now I'm checking things online when I know there is nothing posted. I guess it at least makes me feel more "in the know" than the complete silence from December to April that was undergrad applications.

I can't decide if I like it better now that we have online notifications, etc.

I've decided I don't. My undergrad notified me with an envelope filled with confetti and a window cling as well as a "CONGRATULATIONS" card. It was pretty awesome.