MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

Congrats!!

Thanks pinecode!

Congrats!! I had my RISD interview yesterday ... Good Luck!

Thanks! How did yours go? I notice we have a similar line-up of schools. Are you painting or something else?

So just wanted to say that VCU lost recommendations from 2 of my professors that I am certain were submitted. What a nightmare, I hope they will still look at my application. :(

Same exact thing happened to me - 2 letters of rec were lost. I emailed and talked with someone who said they would look for it (databases were screwed up or something) and let me know if there is anything else they need if it was worth it - lol, whatever that means.

People who are interested in Penn Design, I was accepted via phone today. Still waiting on 4 others without any word at all. Good luck everyone and thanks for all the posts.

I got a second rejection letter from the University of Maryland today, plus an email on Monday with a link to said letter, to go along with the letter I got from the department last Friday. I'm hoping a singing rejection telegram comes tomorrow:/ (At least they spelled my name right this time.)

Hey Mick,

When/how did you hear from Knoxville?

Hey Mick,

When/how did you hear from Knoxville?

I wonder as well. I applied for painting and ran into a little hiccup with my application (wouldn't worry about it, probably didn't happen to you). My application might have reached the art department this or last week. I hope they haven't finalized decisions for every concentration yet.

Accepted via email to University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign today!

No word from Purdue, Boston, Notre Dame, U. of Washington, or LSU. Anyone heard anything from these schools?

Boooo no more waiting!

I'm waiting for Purdue as well. D:

A friend of mine got accepted to RISD during his actual interview just now.

That is what happened to me during my SFAI interview. My interviewer said there was a spot waiting for me if I wanted it. And then spent the rest of the scheduled time telling me why they were the perfect fit for me and how much I would love San Francisco.

Edited by Itsem

I heard Columbia sent out sculpture/new genres interviews last night and I was wondering if anyone heard from them in Painting....

For the painters out there, I received an email from Columbia on Thursday inviting me to interview at the end of March. I was bcc'd on it so I think it was sent out to a group.

Even though this is my first time posting, this forum has been really helpful throughout the whole intense process. So thanks to those who have been so active!

Same exact thing happened to me - 2 letters of rec were lost. I emailed and talked with someone who said they would look for it (databases were screwed up or something) and let me know if there is anything else they need if it was worth it - lol, whatever that means.

So weird. So frustrating

Thanks to zecchi for letting for posting about Rutgers. I checked and I got in also!!! After getting rejected by SUNY Purchase and then getting the post-bacc offer from SAIC I figured all the schools would be a no go and I would have to reapply next year. I've been lurking around for a few years now checking out the application process till I decided to apply this year. I've been trying to avoid even thinking about this whole process but coming on here and seeing every going through the same thing is actually very relieving.