MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I'm not basing it on science, just on when they started giving out rejections in previous years. So it could not be Friday at all, I was just saying last year on the first Friday of Feb people started getting rejections so it's making me anxious because we might be getting them this Friday.

good observation - seems like people who applied to SAIC might get something in the mail this weekend also.

TheZane did they say why?? THinking this economy being as bad as it is most i thought would rush into graduate school...

They said they thought the economy was probably scaring people. This whole process is pretty expensive from the start. That alone must be putting pressure on people. We are all basically putting up a hundred bucks a pop if we can't get fee waved and whatnot. I for one can't get into school fast enough.

ah i can see that, it was quite a big investment for such crummy acceptance rates and an even more "dismal" job outlook after. thank god I dont care if I die penniless.

So, I realize the job outlook for post-secondary art teachers isn't that great if you want to teach at a large university afterwards, but does anyone know the general outlook for the lower tiers...such as community colleges and small private universities? Is it equally dismal? Just curious...

always good to have someone new join the freak out ... :blink: what MICA program did you apply to?

Hoffberger. Fingers crossed!

I totally understand this...completing these applications pretty much wiped out my creative capacity. I think it's ok to rest and absorb new artistic stimuli.

That's what I'm telling myself. I'm just going to focus on getting through the days until I get a response.

good observation - seems like people who applied to SAIC might get something in the mail this weekend also.

We will?? Oh, dear. Don't mind me, I'll just be in a tent next to my mailbox...

I was notified yesterday that I got into a national juried show. It's not a grad school acceptance letter, but it helped my feelings. This waiting process has made me so anxious! Now I'm ready to see the notifications that matter most... so yeah, ditto on the mailbox camp site.

As for the nerves, I'm finding that the gym is very helpful...

I was notified yesterday that I got into a national juried show. It's not a grad school acceptance letter, but it helped my feelings. This waiting process has made me so anxious! Now I'm ready to see the notifications that matter most... so yeah, ditto on the mailbox camp site.

As for the nerves, I'm finding that the gym is very helpful...

It doesn't help with trying to quit smoking, though, that's for sure. =X Congrats on the show! I just got rejected from one, coincidentally, but it was clear from the work they did accept that mine would not have fit with the direction the juror chose to go. So, I'm not taking it personally, but it is a bit of a blow to my confidence.

Congratulations!! Without an interview? That means no scary grad students! B)

Thank you!

haha no scary students! I did speak with the head of the department on the phone last week, but it was sooooo informal and quick, I did'nt want to think that it was a done deal.

I'm so excited....

I got into the UW - Madison as well, 4D department. Are you in sculpture? I've met Aris and he is really great.

Congrats.

My concentration will be in the Wood Department but asked for Aris to be on my comittee. yay cheese heads!

Edited by berto

I applied to Yale's graphic design program last year (got waitlisted, so reapplied this year) and notifications of interviews for the whole school of art were sent out the first friday of February at 9:00 PM. If that means anything in regards to this year... never know!