MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

ok just got admitted to rutgers (by email), um why are they saying we have to decide by April 2nd? Did anyone else get a letter saying that, apparently it's because of studio assignments?)

Yeah, I have the same deadline and I probably won't be able to visit Rutgers before then.

Yeah, I have the same deadline and I probably won't be able to visit Rutgers before then.

That deadline is probably so that they dont have to do waitlist notifications. If people refuse the offer, then they can notify their second, third, etc, of acceptance. Hopefully.

For everyone waiting for SAIC letters, I think they might be a little backed up. (I received a scholarship award (for ATS) that was dated 2/27 and postmarked 3/6 yesterday.) I remember Mr. van de Putte saying he would finish signing the letters by the 12th and they would be mailed after that at both the Sculpture and Fibers interviews. None the less it's going to be a long weekend. Good luck everyone!

For everyone waiting for SAIC letters, I think they might be a little backed up. (I received a scholarship award (for ATS) that was dated 2/27 and postmarked 3/6 yesterday.) I remember Mr. van de Putte saying he would finish signing the letters by the 12th and they would be mailed after that at both the Sculpture and Fibers interviews. None the less it's going to be a long weekend. Good luck everyone!

What is ATS?

Any word on UCLA sculpture?

What is ATS?

Any word on UCLA sculpture?

• ATS = Art and Technology Studies (the more media arts MFA...very nice program)

• Only heard of new genres, media arts, and painting getting notices so far for UCLA...

• ATS = Art and Technology Studies (the more media arts MFA...very nice program)

• Only heard of new genres, media arts, and painting getting notices so far for UCLA...

Painting notices went out for UCLA?

On the topic of MICA, does anyone know if all graphic design majors were offered interviews? Their website made it seem like only international students were required to have interviews, but I got no notifications. Is it safe to assume I'm out of the running for that school?

Same question applies to SVA for interaction design.

I did see that someone in Wisconsin got an interview for MICA MFA GD. But you just never know... I can't guess their system for the life of me.

FYI for people who haven't heard from RISD or Columbia--Cranbrook is pressing me to make a decision by March 19, so I called up RISD and Columbia to find out what the deal is. RISD is mailing rejections out tomorrow for Painting I think, and Columbia refused to tell me what my decision is, though they said letters would be sent out at the end of the month (thus, I'm assuming a rejection since I didn't interview). I think if you haven't heard from RISD or Columbia, as I haven't, then it's a no-go.

Also: Anyone get an email from MICA saying they'd get decision letters on March 12?

MICA: Very unclear what's happening (email/city guide to Baltimore)

Cranbrook: Interviewed/accepted

SAIC: Interviewed/waiting

RISD: Rejected

Columbia: Presumed rejected

CCA: Interviewed/accepted

CalArts: Rejected

I applied for MFA Graphic Design and I also got that general email from Chris saying March 12 letters will be sent. I also got that Bmore City Guide and felt a tinge of mindgames being played.

I noticed that PAFA's MFA deadline says "Extended: Applications accepted on a space-available basis" Their initial dead line was Feb. 1. Think I should apply or has anyone else seen this? I thought I may have missed my opportunity but looks like I may have a second shot.

Hi, i have applied to MICA for MFA Graphic Design. Which course have you applied for??

Interdisciplinary at Mt. Royal, I don't think we are on the same timelines because, I see that some have already been rejected and waitlisted in graphic design.

I noticed that PAFA's MFA deadline says "Extended: Applications accepted on a space-available basis" Their initial dead line was Feb. 1. Think I should apply or has anyone else seen this? I thought I may have missed my opportunity but looks like I may have a second shot.

I noticed they changed this right before the original deadline. If the site still says it, then it's probably true. If it were me, I would call or email to be sure. Good luck!

I feel like I am in a black hole - i haven't heard anything from anyone for over a month. At this point, I almost don't even want to go to grad school.

Cady, hang in there - You've gotten into a really good school, so keep your chin up and don't count that out. If I were in your position (and I am to a certain degree with the top schools) I would assume UCLA and VCU are a no. At this point, the way I am looking at it is, even if we are wait-listed or contacted later, at this point we obviously weren't the top choices. I'd much rather go somewhere with people who are excited about my work, and it seems like Madison might be that way for you. If they say you're in and you have the possibility of funding, I'd say go there. (Unless of course you're really opposed for some reason.)

Edited by miyamoto81

Quietest day in a while.

I hope it is because everyone is making art. I know for me art is a cartharsis that helps me deal with life. So I'm hoping that this process is not stopping anyone from making anything. If anything, use it as a catalyst to make something outrageous and new.

Thanks Miyamoto81 - I do know that Madison is a great school and I did really like all the faculty there. I also think that UCLA and VCU are out. I just sooooo wanted UCLA that I feel like I can't move on until I get that rejection. I really want the rejection at this point so I can get ready to move to Wisconsin.

Good luck everyone - tomorrow's another Monday