MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I opened an email by UCLA and entered my email address, it shows "submitted" on the statuts.

What does it mean?

click on the application year(in blue), enter you pw and it shall be revealed.

I opened an email by UCLA and entered my email address, it shows "submitted" on the statuts.

What does it mean?

Hi,

you have to click on Fall 2012 in the same window where you see the "submitted" status and then the decision letter will appear. Good luck!

for UCLA, i can only get to the page where i can look at the application I submitted. Where are you guys seeing the page where you enter your e-mail address and click on fall 2012?

After you clicked on the link that was sent to you you enter your emailadress and then in the next window you can click on Fall 2012. Then you'll have to enter your password and you click on continue. This has to work.

does anyone know what the letter about tuition from ASU stated?

I was a little offended that they sent it to me in the first place, so I deleted it without even opening it. Sorry.

I hope you're not serious about this, because that would be a mistake.

losemygrip/everyone i horrified by my earlier statement, that would be in the instance that i only ended up with my current acceptances ---1 is a v. unknown school with full funding and they are flying me out for a visit so i will decide once i get there. Another is a top school with 0 funding, so i dont want to swallow the debt. Another is mid/low rep with no word on funding yet.

Now if I get into Yale against the odds (33% shot), then I wouldnt turn it down, I'd have to be an idiot. It already sounds like a wonderful place I am just trying not to get my hopes up too much and work on my portfolio until then.

Sorry to be private on here all the sudden you all can pm me if u want the schools/more info.

Regarding the new grad school rankings:

Things haven't changed that much, have they? I'm happy to see that "my" schools have held their ground or moved up a little (except for poor SMU); however, I have a hard time taking the rankings that seriously. They are an excellent gauge of reputation among academic artists (which is important), but that is all. Look at the rankings methodology. Do you ever wonder if it's more about the relationships that academic artists have with their peers at other schools? Or perhaps what they know/remember about the schools, regardless of whether their knowledge of the schools is accurate or current? It would be pretty great if the methodology also took into consideration the rate of job placements among graduates, etc.

I'm not trying to poo poo on the rankings completely--don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not going to pretend like they didn't influence my choice of grad programs to apply to, because they did. It just seems like the rankings are regarded so highly by us applicants during this process, and I wonder if that is healthy or good. I hope that we all choose to attend the schools that are the best fit for us.

Regarding the new grad school rankings:

Things haven't changed that much, have they? I'm happy to see that "my" schools have held their ground or moved up a little (except for poor SMU); however, I have a hard time taking the rankings that seriously. They are an excellent gauge of reputation among academic artists (which is important), but that is all. Look at the rankings methodology. Do you ever wonder if it's more about the relationships that academic artists have with their peers at other schools? Or perhaps what they know/remember about the schools, regardless of whether their knowledge of the schools is accurate or current? It would be pretty great if the methodology also took into consideration the rate of job placements among graduates, etc.

I'm not trying to poo poo on the rankings completely--don't get me wrong. I'm certainly not going to pretend like they didn't influence my choice of grad programs to apply to, because they did. It just seems like the rankings are regarded so highly by us applicants during this process, and I wonder if that is healthy or good. I hope that we all choose to attend the schools that are the best fit for us.

If I had a second chance at this (probably won't, since I have my mind set to do this starting this Fall) I'd definitely approach it in a different way:

I'd pick 5 schools that rank at the top 20; then I'd pick 5 state colleges where the tuition would be the first determinant (cheap? as compared to the top professional schools combined with a logistical reason, location) and lastly I'd do research and pick however many schools (up to 5) that would give me a chance of a full ride (scholarships and tuition remission).

For this season I started with peers/faculty suggestions then rankings: then I made a 'mixed salad' from those ingredients, removed some ingredients I wasn't that crazy about (based on sheer gut feeling) and then ended up with the salad I have on my plate now. It ended up tasting great, but just like with most things in life, plenty of room for improvement.

Thank you. I have been rejected too.

Hi,

you have to click on Fall 2012 in the same window where you see the "submitted" status and then the decision letter will appear. Good luck!

I was rejected from UCLA this morning as well. I noticed the actual letter they uploaded was dated February 24th, which would coincide with around the time I started to assume I was rejected. This brings me back to the frusteration with schools waiting so long to notify people of rejection... I mean, if they know for three weeks, and I'm sitting here pretty much knowing, why can't they notify people sometime sooner than 3 weeks after they printed the letter.

Columbia seems to be pretty bad about notifying too, so even though I already know a rejection is coming I probably won't hear from them until next week at the soonest.

Lol and I wish Rutgers would quit playing with my emotions and just tell me already, too!

MIT rejection too! It's amazing how whatevz rejections feel when you've already gotten into a rad program. & to those facing the possibility of not getting in this year (esp if it's not your first round), don't give up! This was my third time & first time applying to UCSD. It has to be the right program.

Anyone else recieve an email from SAIC with info about how to apply to the Margot and Thomas Pritzger Family Scholarship? I am wondering if it is a blanket email to all prospective students, or students they are offer admissions to.

Anyone else recieve an email from SAIC with info about how to apply to the Margot and Thomas Pritzger Family Scholarship? I am wondering if it is a blanket email to all prospective students, or students they are offer admissions to.

It was sent to everyone.

I'm glad it feels that way to you womp_womp, and it should, UCSD is a great program!

at this point a new rejection doesn't surprise me and it's a relief to just know.... but it still hurts a little :unsure:

I got that email. Followed by my acceptance email.

It's weird, I applied for their MFA program, they said they wanted to interview me for their P/MFA program (three year track), but my acceptance email says I was accepted into their two-year program. My mind is full of confusion, but it's nice to have a selection!