MFA 2012 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ellsworthy

I was JUST about to agree Tysonr2, when I received a rejection email from Rutgers....

Sorry to hear about the rejection, but I am with you that at this point getting the bad news is much more of a relief than not knowing! Rejection still sucks either way you cut it. I'm still thinking you have a good shot with a few programs you haven't heard from.

MIT rejection too! It's amazing how whatevz rejections feel when you've already gotten into a rad program. & to those facing the possibility of not getting in this year (esp if it's not your first round), don't give up! This was my third time & first time applying to UCSD. It has to be the right program.

That's great to hear! I'm glad to see that it all paid off in the end and it seems like you have a great attitude about it all. I'm still hopeful one of my interviews will work out, but if not I will just keep working and apply again next year. Good luck in SD!

So here's a question. MassArt sent out acceptance emails yesterday (definitely for my program, and I believe for most others, too). I wrote to admissions asking if they'd please confirm that my application was rejected (so I can move on already), but all they'll tell me is that letters will be sent out by end of month. How do they profit from making me wait another 2 to 3 weeks to hear for certain what they already know, I already know, and they know I know? It seems a little sadistic, if you ask me.

I got that email. Followed by my acceptance email.

It's weird, I applied for their MFA program, they said they wanted to interview me for their P/MFA program (three year track), but my acceptance email says I was accepted into their two-year program. My mind is full of confusion, but it's nice to have a selection!

congrats!!

It was sent to everyone.

I'm glad it feels that way to you womp_womp, and it should, UCSD is a great program!

at this point a new rejection doesn't surprise me and it's a relief to just know.... but it still hurts a little :unsure:

I didn't get the email

So here's a question. MassArt sent out acceptance emails yesterday (definitely for my program, and I believe for most others, too). I wrote to admissions asking if they'd please confirm that my application was rejected (so I can move on already), but all they'll tell me is that letters will be sent out by end of month. How do they profit from making me wait another 2 to 3 weeks to hear for certain what they already know, I already know, and they know I know? It seems a little sadistic, if you ask me.

I'm hoping that those of us who were not notified yesterday are on a wait list, and they're waiting to hear back from the people that got acceptances to know whether or not they still need applicants.

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting this year (2012 application season) but I've been lurking. Just didn't wanna post beforehand in fear of jinxing myself during the decisions process. I got the email from SAIC too regarding the Margot Scholarship. I'm a re-applicant, last year I was waitlisted & I did not get that email (I remember others got that email based on last year's forum and they were accepted last year). I don't know if that is the same case this year, I don't really want to overanalyze anymore. I guess we just have to be patient and wait for the mail.

Also, I still haven't heard anything from UCLA. I don't really know what to think about that. Maybe they do the rejection notices in waves?

Hi everyone,

It's my first time posting this year (2012 application season) but I've been lurking. Just didn't wanna post beforehand in fear of jinxing myself during the decisions process. I got the email from SAIC too regarding the Margot Scholarship. I'm a re-applicant, last year I was waitlisted & I did not get that email (I remember others got that email based on last year's forum and they were accepted last year). I don't know if that is the same case this year, I don't really want to overanalyze anymore. I guess we just have to be patient and wait for the mail.

Also, I still haven't heard anything from UCLA. I don't really know what to think about that. Maybe they do the rejection notices in waves?

Hi everyone

I got that email to, and I am thinking it went out to everybody who interviewed...

So why not tell us we're on the wait list then??

I'm hoping that those of us who were not notified yesterday are on a wait list, and they're waiting to hear back from the people that got acceptances to know whether or not they still need applicants.

I'm sorry sguid! But it doesn't seem over yet for you. I know how you are feeling though.

and sorry about UCLA Jane890, but congratulations on Columbia, and good luck with your interview, if it hasn't happened yet.

The silence is defeaning. Quit playing with our emotions, schools!

Thanks, Kazoo. You're always so positive. Interview is next week...nervous. Good luck to you during the endless wait:)!!

Some schools do, some schools don't. You can always email and ask something like "I'm aware that notifications have gone out & am wondering about the status of my application blah blah still very interested blah blah etc."

So why not tell us we're on the wait list then??

my heart skipped a beat at the email from Joan Weston at UPenn, even though they told me they decided to only accept students they interviewed this year!

They will announce their official notifications and their decision on funding tomorrow.

Edited by outline

Just received an email for scheduling an interview at Pratt Institute for the MFA. :-) Does anybody has some tips for interviews? is there anyway I can prepare for it? What do they frequently ask? What do they want to know?

MICA Mt Royal just called.

Accepted!!!!

Congratulations! I haven't heard from Mt. Royal yet, might be bad news. But congrats to you! Did they make you a scholarship offer?