I agree. I'm in Kingston as well and did not get my letter today. I don't think it has anything to do with letters being sent out at different times as someone alluded to above. Kingston is not a major hub like Toronto or Montreal, so it is perfectly understandable that it would take an extra day. It also depends a lot on timing - what time did the letter arrive at the nearest hub, what time were the posts going out. Explains why some in Toronto did not get their's today either, while other did.

Edited by NeedFunds

Sorry to report to those in Kingston... I'm in Kingston, and (as noted earlier) I received a rejection letter today. If you didn't get your letters today, you'll likely get them tomorrow. Good luck! :)

Just received my letter today - in Ottawa so that helps. Very fortunate to have received a doctoral SSHRC, with the option of Class A or B. I've already accepted an offer in the US so that would be a class B, and my uni will let me keep a few extra grand a year :-) YAY. I found the ranking to be interesting, something new (20.1/30).

Has anyone in Newfoundland received a letter?

Oh Eggs, get ready for a long tortured wait. When I was in St. John's last year, being the last to know just about killed me. It took an extra five or so days after people in Ontario started getting their results.

Shux. The mail in Newfoundland is pretty hit or miss. Thanks for the info though. I wonder why the Vanier SSHRC insists on electronic notifications, while CGS/PhD SSHRC goes with snail mail.

Oh Eggs, get ready for a long tortured wait. When I was in St. John's last year, being the last to know just about killed me. It took an extra five or so days after people in Ontario started getting their results.

Shux. The mail in Newfoundland is pretty hit or miss. Thanks for the info though. I wonder why the Vanier SSHRC insists on electronic notifications, while CGS/PhD SSHRC goes with snail mail.

Actually, if you want a more accurate guage, look through last years forum. You'll be able to see when people started to get their letters, and several days when I got my rejection. :-(

Okay, I just went through last years posts, and it was about three days later that we got word in St. John's. Still, three days of hell, followed by disappointment.

Edited by Interferenceviolet

Sorry to report to those in Kingston... I'm in Kingston, and (as noted earlier) I received a rejection letter today. If you didn't get your letters today, you'll likely get them tomorrow. Good luck! :)

Hey Andsowego, What program are you in? I presume you're at Queen's also?

I just want to be in an artificial coma until the letter arrives. Is that so much to ask?

I should have gotten them to send the letter to a family member in Canada - waiting in France is going to be a pain in the ass.

I just want to be in an artificial coma until the letter arrives. Is that so much to ask?

I should have gotten them to send the letter to a family member in Canada - waiting in France is going to be a pain in the ass.

I am in Germany..hoping it will get here either Friday or Saturday...its not so bad...you might even get it earlier than me :-)

I keep my hopes up for tomorrow. Last year people in Toronto got them on April 26 and the UK received theirs April 28. So if people in Toronto got theirs on Monday, then maybe us UK-ers will get news tomorrow?

Not everyone in Toronto got theirs yesterday though. I'm in Kingston and have not yet received mine (although it is possible that it went next door to the landlords - most likely I am just over thinking things though).

Personally, I'm wondering what to do if my letter doesn't arrive today. Seems like all of the active Montreal posters in this thread got theirs yesterday, and my apartment building has a history of having mail get misdelivered or lost. I don't want to ask SSHRC to resend it so soon after the initial mailing, but I really don't want this waiting to continue for several more days/weeks.

Ugh. This is far too stressful.

So, I got mine today. Waitlisted. Score of 15.3. Does anyone know how/if you can find out your rank on a waiting list? Although with a terrible score like that, I clearly don't have a real shot.

So, I got mine today. Waitlisted. Score of 15.3. Does anyone know how/if you can find out your rank on a waiting list? Although with a terrible score like that, I clearly don't have a real shot.

Me too. Waitlisted. 16.2/30

Wait listed with a 16.2/30. In religion/committee 2.

I have no idea if I've actually still got a shot or if it's a good as a rejection with that score.

@#$%

I'm in Toronto, btw.

Edited by joechip

Don't be too discouraged--each committee has its own guidelines and cutoffs. Last year, I didn't even make the waitlist, and my score was higher than some people who got awards. It's quite relative; there may be hope for you yet.

I'm pretty sure you can email SSHRC to ask about your rank on the list, but if you do it right now it might take quite a while for them to reply. There will be a lot of movement anyway in the next few days as people decline awards or "downgrade" to take their award out of country.

Can you guys give your location and possibly your stats? That way I will know when to expect mail on the west coast.

Still waiting in Vancouver.

Obviously, as snail mail seems to have a hang up with the Rockies.

Still waiting in Kingston - only two hours from Ottawa by car! Maybe time to go next door and check to see if the landlord got our mail.