Hello all, another longtime lurker here! Thanks for this forum... it definitely helps a bit with the ridiculous process!

So I have a question similar to a thread on these last coupla pages (about whether access to certain forms in our portfolios is a sign of hope). I'm still waiting for results too- hoping for tomorrow... but in looking at my portfolio, it offers me - under application forms- "accepted invitations" and "final research report". Anybody have any clue if that's a good sign? (I.e. am I crazy to imagine that it might mean a sshrc coming my way if the system allows for a final report...?) (I'm not expecting a CGS as I'm at 20 months in my study.)

Regardless of what happens- appreciate all of you out there- this last week has felt a bit hair raising and knowing that there's a community of sorts has really helped. Thank-you!

So I have a question similar to a thread on these last coupla pages (about whether access to certain forms in our portfolios is a sign of hope). I'm still waiting for results too- hoping for tomorrow... but in looking at my portfolio, it offers me - under application forms- "accepted invitations" and "final research report". Anybody have any clue if that's a good sign? (I.e. am I crazy to imagine that it might mean a sshrc coming my way if the system allows for a final report...?) (I'm not expecting a CGS as I'm at 20 months in my study.)

Hi Geek,

I have those options available too, although it doesn't actually let me create a "final research report" form--not sure about you. I suspect these might be meaningless in our case, since they look more like things that would apply to faculty researchers and collaborators. I started panicking a bit upon realizing that the Michael Smith application is not available on my screen, but since I'm studying in the States, I'm not eligible for the CGS anyway (as apparently you are not either) so there is still a small amount of hope. Good luck, and I hope your results arrive soon!

This is obsessive but can someone who is waitlisted or rejected sign into their account from second link and see uf the foreign supplement form is there??? Plz plz plz

I got my (successful) letter a couple of days ago in Toronto, and I can't see the foreign supplement form at all, not even under 'create new form'. It seems having access to it is neither here nor there. I guess you'll just have to wait for the mailman... :(

No mail for me today either :(. I guess it's only SSHRC's fault to the extent that they mail them instead of emailing...aaaaaaaaaaaargh.

I got my (successful) letter a couple of days ago in Toronto, and I can't see the foreign supplement form at all, not even under 'create new form'. It seems having access to it is neither here nor there. I guess you'll just have to wait for the mailman... :(

I am a successful B Category SSHRC (thus not eligible for the Michael Smith) but I can see the Michael Smith when I click on this link (second link in the previous post) and then "Create a New Form" after logging in....I don't think it is an easter egg for those who are hoping for a CGS!

Big ol' lurker here in Winnipeg... thought I better join in and post my results.

18/30

No publications

No 'real' conferences

Master's SSHRC, plus a number of provincial/university awards

4 years experience TA/numerous guest lecture appearances

4.37/4.5 MA GPA, 4.0 undergrad

Great reference letters

Political Science

Offered category C... not sure whether I will take super-sshrc or regular sshrc, choice amounts to going to a reputable Canadian university and being rich, or going to my dream school abroad and racking up debt. Congrats to all successful applicants, and good luck next time to those who were not.

You got 18/30 and you're in political science? I got 18/30 and got rejected. Womp womp.

Still nothing in my mailbox here in Vancouver. Looks like I'm off to the mail hub again to check.

I do hope they haven't lost my letter! :unsure:

Just received word!!

B category SSHRC (already studying in the U.S.)

Score: 21.5/30

3 peer reviewed articles

2 book reviews

6 conference papers

I am able to view the Foreign Study Supplement, if that helps anyone out. This forum has been a huge help to me over the past few agonizing days. Thanks to all for sharing. Courage to all those still waiting!

I'm away from my mail this week but thought I'd share that I just got an email from my department... successful with a 2 year x 20k. (What I was hoping for as I"m finishing 2nd year now.) So... sounds to me like departments have the info now, if that's helpful for any of you. Thanks again for the supportive community- sending good thoughts to all who are still waiting, and to those whose results were not what you'd hoped for. (For what it's worth, my first year was pretty brutal... so it does get better!)