NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

I do not drink alcoholic drinks anymore :-)

If 50% of Mcgill NSERC quota received the scholarship last year, it doesn't mean it will be the case for this year, and it also doesn't mean that you won't be from the 50% that didn't get the scholarship.

Anyway good luck dude !

I can totally understand you... I kindda envy u as well tht u r frm montreal nd atleast u will knw the result very soon!. NSERC seriously needs to reform thr way of informing student. Let me knw wen u receive the result.

I can totally understand you... I kindda envy u as well tht u r frm montreal nd atleast u will knw the result very soon!. NSERC seriously needs to reform thr way of informing student. Let me knw wen u receive the result.

I hope you didn't spell the same way on your NSERC app as you do on this forum. :P

Edited by stanvx

I hope you didn't spell the same way on your NSERC app as you do on this forum. :P

Hahaa..I m very professional nd use letters frugally..:P.. I made sure tht my NSERC application was not like this! Damn texting nd social websites for this..;)

I haven't received anything but I will double check my mail when I go back home in a few hours.

Do you tink that they deliver twice a day ? It happened to me sometimes !

Do you tink that they deliver twice a day ? It happened to me sometimes !

Well in my case lots of the time the mailman comes around noon to deliver flyers and then a few hours later I get real mail :P. I will let you know if I get anything.

I was talkin to people in department and they said that NSERC only sent letters to award winners. The reject letters will come next week (the guys i talked to didnt get reject letters just got told of reject from department). So if you are in ottawa/montreal/toronto and didnt get a letter today chances are almost certain you will get reject letter next week.

I was talkin to people in department and they said that NSERC only sent letters to award winners. The reject letters will come next week (the guys i talked to didnt get reject letters just got told of reject from department). So if you are in ottawa/montreal/toronto and didnt get a letter today chances are almost certain you will get reject letter next week.

Very sad news ... skiski did you get NSERC ?

yes i did, got my letter today.

Which award ? Could you list your publications ?

People started getting letters in Ottawa yesterday, so Montreal still have a chance tomorrow, as people in Ottawa received letters today as well :-P

I remember yesterday in post #229 you mentioned that two of your friends got the reject letters via mail? right?

All due respect, this is only one bit of information from one department. NSERC itself has given out several sets of conflicting information on when the results will be released, so for people that haven't yet received letters I wouldn't count yourselves out just yet. Given that the number of awards NSERC will end up giving out is almost certain to depend on the budget tabled Thursday, a likely scenario is that acceptance letters were mailed only to the top ranked applicants for which funding was 100% certain. This would mean that, depending on the budget, more awards may be given out.

In my experience with Montreal, the only way to guarantee a letters arrival is to get it in hand. Mailing them Friday or Monday and expecting them to land by Tuesday is ambitious ;)

It's only March 27th, the PDFs are just rolling in for Montreal, and my department hasn't heard of the results yet. I'll keep waiting.

Edit: In 2010 when I received my CGS-M, the department notified me on March 25th of the result, and the letter came a couple of days later.

Edited by MTL18

I remember yesterday in post #229 you mentioned that two of your friends got the reject letters via mail? right?

I mistakenly thought that when they told me they were rejected that they had gotten their letters. They actually found out their status from their department coordinator.

All due respect, this is only one bit of information from one department. NSERC itself has given out several sets of conflicting information on when the results will be released, so for people that haven't yet received letters I wouldn't count yourselves out just yet. Given that the number of awards NSERC will end up giving out is almost certain to depend on the budget tabled Thursday, a likely scenario is that acceptance letters were mailed only to the top ranked applicants for which funding was 100% certain. This would mean that, depending on the budget, more awards may be given out.

I fully agree, my department may be wrong. I recommend anyone who is curious should contact their own department/university coordinator or NSERC directly. It would be nice if we could get a direct response from NSERC about how they are informing people.

This is the era of Internet , and NSERC is still using ordinary mails !!! :-) Are we really encouraging tech developement ?

I think that NSERC usually sends CGS and banting results a bit later than regular PGS letters since the number of CGS and banging awards highly depend on the budget released by the government,

Yeah, this ain't a prob dude, am just wondering why NSERC doesn't display the results on our secured sessions !!! They still can display the results gradually. Electronic signature is recognized in Canada !!! Isn't it ? So why using the old way fashion !!!

Maybe they'd love to let the winners have a physical evidence of their award ? :-)