NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

yes, tell us you stat

i had more than 37 publications and have applied banting pdf, donot know whether am i the one they chose or not.

Hi faming. Congratulations!!! I hope you will be awarded Banting too. Are 37 publications all journal papers? How did you accommodate all in 4 page limits?

I am not sure if NSERC has the similar policy as other agency to send the award letters first.

I just got an email from my school - University of Ottawa - saying I was awarded one. Not sure why they know the results of my PDF but I guess they get told first. Just need to wait for official letter hopefully tomorrow.

congrat. could you please tell us your stat in terms of publications and field of study?

Computer science - machine learning. 11 conference publications is big name machine learning, data mining and artificial intelligence conferences.

could you please tell us your stat in terms of publication and field of study?

Currently I am wrapping up a PhD in Ecology/Evolution. Applied to NSERC-PDF.

At the time of application

6 first author and 3 second author peer-reviewed journal pubs published or accepted, and 2 first author submitted. Plus, 1 book chapter and ~15 conference presentations at the national or international level. There are more conferences but I couldn't fit them all in page allowances.

Others are starting to find out, congrats to those who were successful all and good luck to those who have not heard.

Edited by Sylvat

Computer science - machine learning. 11 conference publications is big name machine learning, data mining and artificial intelligence conferences.

I should add that in my field big name conferences are harder to get published in and much more prestigious than journals, so that is why i dont have any journal pubs

Currently I am wrapping up a PhD in Ecology/Evolution. Applied to NSERC-PDF.

At the time of application

6 first author and 3 second author peer-reviewed journal pubs published or accepted, and 2 first author submitted. Plus, 1 book chapter and ~15 conference presentations at the national or international level. There are more conferences but I couldn't fit them all in page allowances.

Others are starting to find out, congrats to those who were successful all and good luck to those who have not heard.

Sylvat, you're my application clone- I have almost the exact same specs, and am in the same field and everything, exact same publication record, except instead of a book chapter I have two peer reviewed government reports. I haven't heard yet (in Guelph) but your positive result gives me hope!

I cant understand why the NSERC cannot declare the result online on the same page we applied... For example, if the application is successful, the status should change from Received to Successful!.. Its not fair tht Ottawa ppl knows the result before ppl living in west..:P

You're right stud007, it's really amazing that they didn't consider this solutions as the online session is secure enough to declare the results on !!!

At least they could email these results to all the faculties !!! I don't know why they want to follow the old way fashion !

PGS/CGS applicant. I hope I still have a chance, my journal is published in 2012, and two conferences in 2011, first author.

I am a PDF applicant, I have 4 first author IEEE Trans journals and 1 second author, 13 conference papers, I also have one best paper award. But I guess my chances are low since it seems these days people are generating journals faster than a copy machine :D