NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

It looks like NSERC may not really know (big surprise) when they are going to mail the answers. I just called and received a reply email. Both said mailing will begin late this week or early next week. Other than Marmoor, has anyone else received a different response?

Lol... These timelines (from NSERC's PDF policy guide) make me laugh!! Not that I'm complaining... it would still be pretty sweet to get an award! I just find it amusing since presumably none of us will get letters 'til into April (especially the ones that are doing PDFs out of country)!

"You can take up your award at any time between April 1 of the year in which you are awarded the fellowship..."

"To activate your award, complete a Request for First Instalment and submit it to NSERC's Scholarships and Fellowships Division between four and six weeks prior to the date on which you intend to take up your award.."

I emailed the graduate studies office last friday and here is their response :

Dear ......,

At present, Concordia University has not received any notification from NSERC regarding the results of the competition. Once we received this information, we shall inform our students immediately.

Best regards,

Edited by vivaldi

I emailed the graduate studies office last friday and here is their response :

Dear ......,

At present, Concordia University has not received any notification from NSERC regarding the results of the competition. Once we received this information, we shall inform our students immediately.

Best regards,

Does Grad Studies typically inform the student before NSERC, or is that dependent on the school? I'd assume they would wait until the student is "officially" notified.

That's interesting... EIther the left hand doesn't know what the right one is doing (see posts #157 and 193) or someone got his notification from an unofficial channel.

Edited by tomj