NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

From what I understand, unlike previous years, NSERC was only able to notify X numbers of students, regardless of whether or not they accepted (i.e. they weren't able to over-award). It just so happens that last year was also the first Banting competition, and since this competition was a separate application than the NSERC PDFs, presumably many Banting winners also won a PDF (which of course they couldn't accept both, so this presumably left many un-awarded PDFs). I wonder if this is what might have led last year's numbers to be so low. Maybe I'm totally wrong on this front, and there was coordination between the Banting & PDF awarding process, in which case, well, shucks... the numbers look low! Hopefully it isn't as low this year!! My fingers are crossed :) Lucky Ottawa folk? I say lucky Canadians! I'm out of country doing my PDF, so suspect I won't get a letter for quite some time! Hmm... I wish it was electronic!

Good luck to everyone. Quite frankly, I feel so jaded about grad school, I don't even know if it matters whether I win or not in my third attempt at NSERC, this time PGS-D

Still waiting for NSERC PDF outcome. We have come so far and I know that it is just a matter of another 7 to 10 days, but still I keep on coming here to see if any one has posted a new news. Lets hope for the best.

So does any one have an idea about the proposed number of CGS-PGS awards this year since the EAP plan has come to an end?

You Might find some information here:

http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/NSERC-CRSNG/FactsFigures-TableauxDetailles_eng.asp

if we do not happen to have a budget cut, this year's numbers for Masters and PhD scholarships should be the same. For PDF, I am guessing we should have a higher number of awards compared to last year.

Read these two pages, they give you very interesting information. Also read through the tables that have been cited in these links which can be found in NSERC website. Also read the comments posted by the NSERC representative.

http://nghoussoub.co...fs-dont-add-up/

http://nghoussoub.co...lateral-damage/

Thanks UBC2012, these are very informative posts! I think the results will start trickling down the week after next. As a 2009 NSERC CGS M applicant who was awarded in 2010, I am feeling a little pessimistic that I will be successful again - likley I was one of the 400 'extra' CGS M recipients!

Good luck to everyone... I m planning to ask my graduate student advisor abt NSERC result maybe tomorrow or Monday...I guess, the university will have the result though unofficial before us! If something's out, I will let u all knw..:)

On the NSERC website it says that they will not distribute results by phone or email. Contact will only be made through the mail.

True, however, your school should be informed directly by NSERC. In 2009 everyone at my school that was sucessful got an email from Grad Studies saying they had been sucessful, and then got the letter in the mail a few to several days later.

True, however, your school should be informed directly by NSERC. In 2009 everyone at my school that was sucessful got an email from Grad Studies saying they had been sucessful, and then got the letter in the mail a few to several days later.

Yes, the same goes for our university. Graduate studies knew which applicants were successful several days before anyone else.