NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

hahahah off course cause Concordia give you 12000$ if you won NSERC right ???

Yeah, most probably ... I already take those 12 000 as I have a full scholarship from somewhere else :-P

Ok I think that I will go to sleep now.

Congratulations for Vanier and PGS/CGS winners

Hard luck for those who did not make it

ANd good luck for all people that are waiting their results.

See you tomorrow !

Lol... eliasg.... looks like you keep this conversation going! You go to bed, and no one else posts! Fingers crossed for news tomorrow!! :)

Stop crossing your fingers and simply buy a cross ! lol

Yes why not. A tPolytechnique, many students win both. There is no problem with that .

Many people at my university also win both - they have a different title for the award and if you've been awarded a CGS, you do not receive any additional money from the university, but are rewarded with another award title. If you receive a PGS, they top you up another ~5000$.

.... I just emailed my graduate coordinator and got an automated reply saying she's out of the office from March 29 until April 10th!.... There goes my ability to find out my results before the snail mail gets to the East Coast.... :*(

Just got rejection notice from the grad studies office. If I'm waitlisted what are the chances of getting an award?

Depends where you are on the wait list. Awards will get turned down from people winning Vaniers and those that change their mind on grad school. What school are you from? Dal?

Depends where you are on the wait list. Awards will get turned down from people winning Vaniers and those that change their mind on grad school. What school are you from? Dal?

I go to UBC, my second year was a little all over the board (A-'s, A's, A+'s) but my third and fourth year have been all A+'s

I only have field experience though I was not able to work for a prof in my undergrad

I go to UBC, my second year was a little all over the board (A-'s, A's, A+'s) but my third and fourth year have been all A+'s

I only have field experience though I was not able to work for a prof in my undergrad

I wouldn't worry, the Master's one is only 12 months and I took mine up in second year when the project was already underway. Try again next year and present some of your findings/next steps. You should get it with those grades.

Yep, Grad studies has the results - I just called and I got a PGS. I feel better now.

Congrats Entomophaga! Are you at U of Ottawa? How many pubs did you have (if you don't mind me asking)?

To those at McGill: I wrote to the person who notified me that my application was sent forward to NSERC and she said:

"Results are not yet available, and they will not be available to students from this office. In fact, our contact at NSERC told us on Friday that they did not know when the results will be available."

Bummer. I was hoping this soap opera would end before the holiday!

I emailed NSERC a couple of days ago and received a response today:

"We would like to inform you that notifications of decision letters have been mailed.

If your application was presented through your university, we invite you to communicate with the Scholarships Liaison Officer of your university.

Thank you."

Hope to hear from my Grad Office today!

To those at McGill: I wrote to the person who notified me that my application was sent forward to NSERC and she said:

"Results are not yet available, and they will not be available to students from this office. In fact, our contact at NSERC told us on Friday that they did not know when the results will be available."

Bummer. I was hoping this soap opera would end before the holiday!

I think a lot of people have already said that McGill never announces the results to student before they get their letter, unlike other schools.

I emailed NSERC a couple of days ago and received a response today:

"We would like to inform you that notifications of decision letters have been mailed.

If your application was presented through your university, we invite you to communicate with the Scholarships Liaison Officer of your university.

Thank you."

Hope to hear from my Grad Office today!

If that's true, then Ottawa students might start getting letters today, and hopefully Montreal still start getting theirs tomorrow!

Edited by mattboud