NSERC 2012-2013

dynasty007

After hearing such good news on this forum I decided to call my grad studies dept. (FGSR) at the U of A this morning.

I won PGSD3, I won't believe it until I get that letter in my hands though!

I had 2 first author publication in mid impact journals and 1 first author publication submitted at the time of application, as well as 3 international conferences. My grades in undergrad were quite poor aside from an upward trend of 3.8+ in the last 2 years of undergrad. I also did quite a bit of volunteer work (mentoring several undergraduates, chair of 3 academic committees, and 4-5 other community volunteer gigs).

Good luck to everyone else, 3rd time was a charm for me! Also what is the likelihood that I'll be upgraded to CGS? And when do we find this out? Do they just tell everyone PGS and then wait until later to announce CGS?

Edited by boourns

For all those who go to UWO, apparently results will be available online in your "Student Centre" website within the next 24 hours. The School of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies is beginning to load them now.

Fingers crossed for all applicants.

I think the department dont have acces to the results of PDF. So you have to wait the letter..

Hey guys,

I called NSERC (613-943-8766) and I was told that for NSERC PDF results, the letters were sent to the mail room at NSERC only yesterday and that they should be on their way to us. I also asked whether the university receives a list of names of the winners and the answer was yes, but the university is not allowed to tell the winners and that they have to wait till they get the result in the mail.

Hopefully this helps.

Edited by Hany

Just got an email from my department saying I was rejected for PGS-M.

Are you from Dalhousie or SMU? I'm waiting to hear from the bio department at dal and I emailed both grad studies and my department this morning and have yet to hear anything!!

For all those who go to UWO, apparently results will be available online in your "Student Centre" website within the next 24 hours. The School of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies is beginning to load them now.

Damn, I miss UWO, they were so organized with informing us of scholarships!

Anyone with PDF results?

I sent an email yesterday to a staff at our institute who adminsters NSERC award holders and asked if she can see the results of NSERC PDF applicants. I have not heard any thing yet. I mentioned that I applied independently of our institute. However, the results of PGS/CGS are already arrived in UBC.

Hey guys,

I called NSERC (613-943-8766) and I was told that for NSERC PDF results, the letters were sent to the mail room at NSERC only yesterday and that they should be on their way to us. I also asked whether the university receives a list of names of the winners and the answer was yes, but the university is not allowed to tell the winners and that they have to wait till they get the result in the mail.

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks.

After hearing such good news on this forum I decided to call my grad studies dept. (FGSR) at the U of A this morning. I won PGSD3, I won't believe it until I get that letter in my hands though! I had 2 first author publication in mid impact journals and 1 first author publication submitted at the time of application, as well as 3 international conferences. My grades in undergrad were quite poor aside from an upward trend of 3.8+ in the last 2 years of undergrad. I also did quite a bit of volunteer work (mentoring several undergraduates, chair of 3 academic committees, and 4-5 other community volunteer gigs). Good luck to everyone else, 3rd time was a charm for me! Also what is the likelihood that I'll be upgraded to CGS? And when do we find this out? Do they just tell everyone PGS and then wait until later to announce CGS?

They announce CGS and PGS at the same time, you could potentially be upgraded if enough people turn down the CGS (i think).

Thank you for the status regarding UWO.

I am wondering if they know PDF results. I sent an email yesterday afternoon to the Graduate office but didn't get a response yet.

After hearing such good news on this forum I decided to call my grad studies dept. (FGSR) at the U of A this morning.

I won PGSD3, I won't believe it until I get that letter in my hands though!

I had 2 first author publication in mid impact journals and 1 first author publication submitted at the time of application, as well as 3 international conferences. My grades in undergrad were quite poor aside from an upward trend of 3.8+ in the last 2 years of undergrad. I also did quite a bit of volunteer work (mentoring several undergraduates, chair of 3 academic committees, and 4-5 other community volunteer gigs).

Good luck to everyone else, 3rd time was a charm for me! Also what is the likelihood that I'll be upgraded to CGS? And when do we find this out? Do they just tell everyone PGS and then wait until later to announce CGS?

Congratulation for your PGS-D3 award.

Also, there are a lot of people here that seem to think you need a lot of publications for NSERC, last year a friend with 1 first author conference paper, a second author submitted journal and a few large multi-author government publications won CGS3D. Mind you they had a lot of other amazing achievements, but first author journals aren't everything.

Are you from Dalhousie or SMU? I'm waiting to hear from the bio department at dal and I emailed both grad studies and my department this morning and have yet to hear anything!!

I'm from Dal. Send an email to danielle.pottie@dal.ca. She's the one who replied to me.

I'm from Dal. Send an email to danielle.pottie@dal.ca. She's the one who replied to me.

ugh that's who I emailed! She must be ignoring me!!

Well guys, didn't you know that obtaining a scholarship is the easiest way to gain money !! Now the people who didn't obtain it, should move their a**es and start looking for paid internship :-)