MEM 2012 applicants

IIRC, all decisions pertaining to Masters-level (MEM, MF, MESC) applicants are released simultaneously. (In less polite terms: no chance in hell that's a legitimate posting).

There's no logical reason to believe their schedule has changed this year, and here's a recent blog entry confirming that: "We do release all decisions at the same time, around March 15."

EDIT: Appears that PhD decisions were released by FES today. In that case, the entry in question was likely just an oversight and whomever filled it out didn't check off PhD.

Edited by cunninlynguist

@harawzx: I actually applied through IIE so no idea when they submitted my apps on my behalf - probably around early/mid Dec since that's when I gave them all my materials.

It was bit of a surprise as well, maybe they act upon IIE applications quicker? According to both cunninlynguist and the results survey Duke admitted a few odd students around this time last year too. But it's still early guys so all the best! :)

Just got acceptance letter from Duke as well, I got it this Wednesday morning!

Just got acceptance letter from Duke as well, I got it this Wednesday morning!

Congrats harawzx!

Yeah cunninlyguist according to your calender it is about time for SNRE to make/break our dreams, at least a few people's to start with...

Hi all! i have applied all those typical MEM-type programs at Yale, UCSB, U-M, Duke, and also environmental change management at Oxford.

So far, I've only heard from Duke - yes. They were fast! I submitted on the very last day and heard back 2 weeks later. If only the other schoools were as quick. Anyone get news from any of these others yet?

Schools Applied To: Yale (MEM), Duke (MEM), UCSB (MEM), Michigan (environmental policy), and Vermont Law School (MELP)

Schools Accepted To:

Undergraduate Institution: University of Vermont

Undergraduate GPA: 3.82

Undergraduate Major: Environmental Studies

GRE Quantitative Score: 161

GRE Verbal Score: 152

GRE AW Score: 4.5

Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable): 0

Years of Work Experience: 0

Describe Relevant Work Experience: I had a couple internships, one at the vermont state house with a legislator, one researching funding and policies for anaerobic digesters, and finally one with a land trust looking into endangered species and management.

Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc): Seemed like a pretty solid SOP

Strength of LOR (be honest, describe the process, etc): 3 professors, one a duke alum and one a yale alum, so hopefully that help me out

Still havent heard anything, good luck everyone!

Congrats curlie-sue!

By the way there was another Yale MEM decision posted up on RS just then. It just seems unlikey that so many people have mistaken the "Masters" option for the "PhD" one.

My heart misses a beat everytime I see a post like that :(

Edited by akl_cat

We're still a month away from Yale. Whomever is posting these results is a troll or someone trying to make a point in an extraordinarily passive-aggressive manner.

At least March 15th is a Thursday, so even if FES doesn't adhere to their deadline strictly, it's probable that we'd learn our fates on Friday the 16th. And some of us are still toiling in the misery of no-decision-land.

Schools Applied To: Yale (MEM), Duke (MEM), Michigan (environmental policy), Maryland (MPP enviro policy), UPenn (MES enviro policy), Bard (MS enviro policy), Brown discontinued!

Schools Accepted To:

Undergraduate Institution: Cornell University

Undergraduate GPA: 3.3

Undergraduate Major: Natural Resources Policy & Management

GRE Quantitative Score: 158

GRE Verbal Score: 155

GRE AW Score: 4.5

Years Out of Undergrad (if applicable): 2

Years of Work Experience: 5

Describe Relevant Work Experience: I have worked in ecological restoration for private and ngo firms, held RA position on biofuel policy, and an internship with a national NGO in forest policy

Strength of SOP (be honest, describe the process, etc): I feel I have a strong SOP which highlights build up to current interests, and a succint break down of research interests and goals during/after program

Strength of LOR (be honest, describe the process, etc): Strong, one from president of college, one from director of restoration at large NGO, and one from professor/graduate school director.

good luck to all!

Welcome MrWilderness! I see you're a fellow victim of Brown. The Duke decision is located on the website -- first I received an e-mail prompt stating that the decision had been posted on ApplyYourself. A subsequent e-mail arrived shortly thereafter that included my password to ApplyYourself (in case it was forgotten, I presume).

@tiredwaiting: Thanks! Here's to hoping you get a notification in the very near future.