Favorite pens?

runonsentence

For some reason I can't stand the felt tip pens for note taking, too much bleeding on the paper and they get ruined (I press a little hard sometimes) and empty really fast with me.

I'm not a pen errr... connoiseur, but I recently picked a random pen, a blue uni ball one, I believe the gel roller ball kind. Holy Cow! I'd never really thought much or cared about pens, but that thing is so smooth to write with (I'm used to the ballpoint bic stuff), and didn't bleed on the paper at all.

I constantly lose pens. Actually what happens is that I bring them to the labs that I teach, and they mysteriously "disappear", which really bugs me. I lose on average a pen/pencil every lab. I need to buy a big case of cheap pencils for my class use. As you've probably already guessed, I lost my cool pen 2 days ago. I need to get another one... or a dozen. Anyone have tips for not losing pens? Or perhaps know that secret place where all lost pens go to, haha.

My favorite two pens are both from Uni-Ball... the Vision (for everyday stuff) and the Deluxe (for notes and important stuff), both in Fine (0.7mm). I have however recently begun considering trying out a fountain pen, as I've always liked "the idea" of them and a friend of mine uses one and likes it a lot.

I have loved Pilot Precise V5 fine or extra fine since I was 11 years old (they are my father's favorite and I stole his). But recently in a desperate bid for more color and while raiding my old art supplies collection, I have begun to use Staedtler Triple Plus fine liners and Uchida LePen. The Staedtlers are more art supply than pens, but I love them.

I'm a bit of a pen snob. I sometimes just browse pen websites to see what fancy ones out there. Graff von Faber released a stingray leather fountain pen a few years ago as part of their "Pen of the Year" line. I drooled a bit.

As for the pens I use most often while at school: Parker's Urban Premium Chiseled and a Retro 51 Tornado (I have two of their limited edition pens, including their copper aniversery pen). For less snobby options, I really love Bic's Atlantis pens, and Papermate's new InkJoy pens write very nicely. They have the darker ink lines I associate with rollerballs, but have the ink flow control of a ballpoint. Good combination, in my book.

http://www.amazon.co...28062284&sr=8-3

http://www.amazon.co...28062631&sr=1-2

I've used Parker pens since high school, very reliable - except I tend to lose them eventually... Sometimes I find them in the strangest

places.

Rollerball shmollerball. My pen is the best! The Pilot Razor Point. It's kinda retro in style, but it's the best for writing to me. Luckily I work full-time, so our admin takes supply purchase requests. I always get blue and red (I'm old school when grading papers!) and in the last order she surprised me with a box of black as well. I lose pens all the time, but these aren't "sexy" so I don't think anyone is stealing them!

http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Razor-Porous-Barrel-12-Count/dp/B00006IFJO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333965350&sr=8-3

Rollerball shmollerball. My pen is the best! The Pilot Razor Point. It's kinda retro in style, but it's the best for writing to me. Luckily I work full-time, so our admin takes supply purchase requests. I always get blue and red (I'm old school when grading papers!) and in the last order she surprised me with a box of black as well. I lose pens all the time, but these aren't "sexy" so I don't think anyone is stealing them!

http://www.amazon.co...33965350&sr=8-3

OMG, those pens are ugly, but I do love writing with them when I "borrow" someone who has one, lol.