0% Confidence of Acceptance

Texas, UVA, Michigan, WUSTL have posted news--and I still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to feel really nihilistic. :( That might come as a result of reading Cormac McCarthy ATM too. Ah well, let's hope I can at least get in to a safety school, or else I guess I'm going to have to return to cashiering even with a M.A in English.

;

I got my second rejection today, and three of my other schools have started notifying acceptances (I have yet to hear something from them :( ). I wake up every morning hoping today might be the day… All day I look at everyone else getting their good news, celebrating, knowing that their dreams are turning to reality. I do not even have words to elucidate what I am going through. I am so pleased for all of you who got to hear some positive news; I, on the other hand, am not sure if I will get a single acceptance…if I will get to feel the same joy as a lot of the others. I do not want too many…just one :huh: .

Well, another day is almost over. I will start this same thing tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone else in my shoes!

Notifications for the H-school typically start tomorrow or Saturday, which I suppose means tomorrow or Monday. :ph34r:

:lol: I have zero expectation of getting in, but it's still entertaining to think about.

I'm just ready for next week to be over with, as its when most of my remaining schools notify. This week was a total bust.

I got my second rejection today, and three of my other schools have started notifying acceptances (I have yet to hear something from them :( ). I wake up every morning hoping today might be the day… All day I look at everyone else getting their good news, celebrating, knowing that their dreams are turning to reality. I do not even have words to elucidate what I am going through. I am so pleased for all of you who got to hear some positive news; I, on the other hand, am not sure if I will get a single acceptance…if I will get to feel the same joy as a lot of the others. I do not want too many…just one :huh: .

Well, another day is almost over. I will start this same thing tomorrow morning. Good luck to everyone else in my shoes!

Hold in there! I'm feeling equally despondent, especially after seeing JHU acceptances all go up on the board while my email remains infuriatingly silent.

Notifications for the H-school typically start tomorrow or Saturday, which I suppose means tomorrow or Monday. :ph34r:

:lol: I have zero expectation of getting in, but it's still entertaining to think about.

I love that it has become "the H-school." Seems fitting.

I love that it has become "the H-school." Seems fitting.

So what are you going to do when we both get our acceptances tomorrow? First I'll go to McDonald's and drink a large vanilla shake, and then I'll spread my wings and fly to the third moon of Neptune for a picnic with Zoroaster. That should leave time for me to stop by Whitney Houston's funeral and sing "I Will Always Love You" in tribute.

So what are you going to do when we both get our acceptances tomorrow? First I'll go to McDonald's and drink a large vanilla shake, and then I'll spread my wings and fly to the third moon of Neptune for a picnic with Zoroaster. That should leave time for me to stop by Whitney Houston's funeral and sing "I Will Always Love You" in tribute.

I'll probably develop a drug problem. On purpose.

I just sat down and read through this entire forum. I want to be friends with all of you wonderful, AMAZING people. I'm currently drinking cupcakes and eating wine and the depressive haze from five rejections is slowly lifting. I think someone mentioned earlier (maybe around page 20?) that one acceptance isn't enough - and you know what? You're RIGHT. It's like I need to be validated by more than one source, even though I'm so ridiculously aware that my application isn't strong enough to get into MOST of the schools I've applied to during this round.

I think I'm going to wash dinner down with a Crown and Coke. Or two. Or three. One thing I've learned from my BA in Lit/Comp Lit and my MA in Lit is that the greats become great because they abuse substances. Flavor of the week: Hemingways The Sun Also Rises. Case and point. Chosen Poison: Crown Royale and Coke.

I just sat down and read through this entire forum. I want to be friends with all of you wonderful, AMAZING people. I'm currently drinking cupcakes and eating wine and the depressive haze from five rejections is slowly lifting. I think someone mentioned earlier (maybe around page 20?) that one acceptance isn't enough - and you know what? You're RIGHT. It's like I need to be validated by more than one source, even though I'm so ridiculously aware that my application isn't strong enough to get into MOST of the schools I've applied to during this round.

I think I'm going to wash dinner down with a Crown and Coke. Or two. Or three. One thing I've learned from my BA in Lit/Comp Lit and my MA in Lit is that the greats become great because they abuse substances. Flavor of the week: Hemingways The Sun Also Rises. Case and point. Chosen Poison: Crown Royale and Coke.

Give me your keys, spasticlitotes. B)

Likewise. I am in the lolopixie fanclub! (and the spasticlitotes one too!)

I'm in the spasticlitotes fan club, too... but I don't want the great posts to end. Spasticlitotes, I hope you get into all of your programs, but will you continue to post about eating wine, drinking cupcakes, and washing it down with Crown and Coke ... while you just wanting to be validated. My feeling exactly!

I'm hoping tomorrow is the day that I find out that "I'm going to Miami. Bienvenido a Miami!" Will Smith wrote that song for me!

I hope you do too, lolopixie! And I hope I find out I'm going anywhere but in this hellhole of rejection (official and implicit) that I've been living in. I want to feel the sun of hope on my face and the wind of future scholarly greatness in my hair!

But, really, I'd just settle for a single (funded) acceptance and a new bottle of Makers. It's been a supercraptastic week. Glug glug.