0% Confidence of Acceptance

Shirts have been coming in really weird cuts like that lately. It's devastating!

Yes! I hate it! Universally unflattering.

OK I don't know how YesStyle got involved here, but PSA PLEASE NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THERE. They will not fit you the way they are shown. Google for more information on this. You'll thank me later. 

Ninja edit: yes I am embarrassingly knowledgeable about fashion and my defence is that I'm very interested in avant garde fashion (Comme des Garçons, Alexander McQueen, etc.).

Noted. I did get a slightly weird vibe from the website. The pictures have that "we shot this in extremely flattering light with pretty, rail-thin models because this is the only way our clothing will look good" kind of look to them. Lolz. This is most frequently seen on eBay listings that ship from random places in Japan. <_<  But I wanted it to be true! Thanks for crushing my dreams! Booo! Booooo!!

WHATEVER!!!! There is NOTHING wrong with or embarrassing about being interested in fashion. Period. Don't be ashamed. Anyone who judges you for it is probably really boring.

Agreed 100%.  I wouldn't say that I'm interested in "fashion" per se because I don't read many magazines, follow collections/trends, etc--but I only wear very silly, colorful things because it makes me happy (right now I'm wearing a royal blue zebra print dress). It is such a small and easy way for me to brighten my days. I don't have any taste, but I have lots of style, hah. Anyway, searching for items you like and putting them together in interesting ways is just another creative outlet, and I don't see how people think it somehow makes you less intellectual. If I am ever extraordinarily lucky enough to be a professor and give regular lectures/presentations, I am positive that I will dress the same way.  B)

This is question for all of the people who've been through the whole application process before. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you think the odds are that my rejection from Brown was just a clever ruse? Do you think it's possible that the entire English department is gathering at my apartment right now for a surprise welcome party? Maybe they'll all be wearing little hats and throw streamers at me when I walk in the door, right? Do you think that's possible, or do you think that all of the surprise welcome parties have gone out for the year? 

This is question for all of the people who've been through the whole application process before. Maybe this is a stupid question, but what do you think the odds are that my rejection from Brown was just a clever ruse? Do you think it's possible that the entire English department is gathering at my apartment right now for a surprise welcome party? Maybe they'll all be wearing little hats and throw streamers at me when I walk in the door, right? Do you think that's possible, or do you think that all of the surprise welcome parties have gone out for the year? 

Right up until you made this post and spoiled the surprise... now, alas, they'll have all cleared out.

Oh god, everyone--it has started. First Stanford result is on the board.
Aaaaahhhhhhh!!!! I'm so freaked out! And my phone won't ring. Ugh. That's it. It's officially over for me.

I'm down to one PhD possibility left unless Buffalo does something with waitlists.  I have 3 MA applications left--I don't even want an MA--but if Rutgers doesn't take me, I won't get a PhD at any point in my life.  It's a little weird to know that a gigantic aspect of your future is down to one last coin flip (that is heavily weighted against you).  There is something heartening about this distillation of the inevitable pointlessness of life.  I can say it is at this point entirely uncomplicated, which is perhaps the only time in my life I've been able to say something like that.

and that's it for me.

Same with Columbia... just send me the email already before I confuse silence with hope!

Columbia has the rejection posted on the website. You should check the website status.

Edited by cicada123

I'm officially going insane. Still nothing from Michigan, Maryland or Penn State, but Michigan and Penn State rejections/waitlists have been popping up over the past few days. Maybe I don't exist.

I've yet to receive anything from Michigan or Penn State as well. So maybe they're just doing it all slowly.