0% Confidence of Acceptance

How has the 0% confidence thread turned into the "what do I do with a gazillion offers?" thread? Ugh, I'm sorry. Just really bitter with my gazillion rejections. This thread was kinda a refuge from the sense of total worthlessness induced by seeing people with lots of acceptances in other threads.

How has the 0% confidence thread turned into the "what do I do with a gazillion offers?" thread? Ugh, I'm sorry. Just really bitter with my gazillion rejections. This thread was kinda a refuge from the sense of total worthlessness induced by seeing people with lots of acceptances in other threads.

I have at least twice as many rejections as you (fyi). Anyway, I'm tired of people who didn't apply to that many places being angry at (and condescending toward) people who did.

(sorry!--I was quickly trying to explain why the thread got off gear... there was someone basically trolling in it yesterday... I didn't mean for this post to have any sort of tone... best of luck to everyone!).

Also! You got into Penn State! So all is well!

Edited by bluecheese

well I have no acceptances so far, and I think BU will reject me, but has anyone here even applied to BU??? and are they informing yet? <_<

[also I'm feverish. so I'm sick in addition to being completely useless]

I dunno. I sort of agree with bfat. It would be different if you were talking about how upset you were missing out on <x> or <y> school (although I'd say even this should be kept to other threads)... but chatting about all the schools you've had to turn down should definitely be kept to another thread. It's like talking about the sweet feeling of illegal narcotics running through your system to a bunch of people in rehab.

well I have no acceptances so far, and I think BU will reject me, but has anyone here even applied to BU??? and are they informing yet? <_<

[also I'm feverish. so I'm sick in addition to being completely useless]

I've also applied to BU, and as far as I (and the results board) know they haven't started informing yet.

I have at least twice as many rejections as you (fyi). Anyway, I'm tired of people who didn't apply to that many places being angry at (and condescending toward) people who did.

Also! You got into Penn State! So all is well!

I mean to be fair, the "Post-Acceptance Stress and Misc Banter" thread was started by the same person as this one was, and the justification was:

I think people who have been accepted on this forum (me included) need to avoid putting it in 0-fer's faces from now on. I know none of us are intending to make people more stressed and angry, but we're doing it. Let's try to only show up in 0% if we want to support our friends.

Have a little bit of empathy and understanding for people in a worse position than you. It's tough, and their feelings are legitimate. No one's even been rude - they're just asking for you to let them have their own space, and not to rub it in their faces.

Ah! Sorry, I think my terseness (laziness in terms of typing) got misread as having a certain tone. I was referring to the blatantly insulting posts by the person yesterday (pomoisdead) -- not to anyone today. I was just trying to explain why the thread shifted the way it did. I definitely wasn't trying to rub anything in anyone's face. Sorry about that, but the borderline-trolling that was occurring yesterday is why the thread shifted gears. I didn't mean to re-stir anything.

Sorry about any confusion! I hope everyone gets in!!!!! 

Edited by bluecheese

Ah! Sorry, I think my terseness (laziness in terms of typing) got misread as having a certain tone. I was referring to the blatantly insulting posts by the person yesterday (pomoisdead) -- not to anyone today. I was just trying to explain why the thread shifted the way it did. I definitely wasn't trying to rub anything in anyone's face. Sorry about that, but the borderline-trolling that was occurring yesterday is why the thread shifted gears. I didn't mean to re-stir anything.

Sorry about any confusion! I hope everyone gets in!!!!! 

Thanks, bluecheese.

It just happens that with 95 pages of chit chat, discussions go in a million directions, and it wouldn't make sense to respond to those anywhere but the thread they were first broached in.

Nonetheless, I don't see the problem with trying to keep this thread clean of acceptance talk.

Edited by asleepawake

Yeah, official email but seemed pretty standard. Wait list, impressed with application, should know by April 15 but hopefully sooner, let them know about my interest and if that changes. Nothing about ranking or probability (I so want one that comes at me with a bunch of numbers). I'm going to respond tomorrow when my head is less blah and I will share if any news surfaces with that.

Hey girl who wears glasses and other Madison applicants: I spoke with Robyn over the phone yesterday (don't judge me please). She told me that even though my application reads pending, I am waitlisted. She also informed me that Madison has two waitlists, first tier (I'd assume that's people they really do want, but don't have the funding capacity for), and second tier. I am second tier, so frankly not counting on anything, although she said "please don't write us off." 

Frankly I am very surprised I even got waitlisted, as it was one of my earliest and shittiest applications. But maybe you guys made it to tier one.....

Hey girl who wears glasses and other Madison applicants: I spoke with Robyn over the phone yesterday (don't judge me please). She told me that even though my application reads pending, I am waitlisted. She also informed me that Madison has two waitlists, first tier (I'd assume that's people they really do want, but don't have the funding capacity for), and second tier. I am second tier, so frankly not counting on anything, although she said "please don't write us off." 

Frankly I am very surprised I even got waitlisted, as it was one of my earliest and shittiest applications. But maybe you guys made it to tier one.....

Oh man. No sleep tonight. You've just upped my anxiety level a thousandfold. I wish I knew which waitlist I am on. Ugh.

Oh man. No sleep tonight. You've just upped my anxiety level a thousandfold. I wish I knew which waitlist I am on. Ugh.

Sorry :/ This whole thing is so painful I know. When she paused before telling me this information over the phone I blurted out "ITS OKAY DON"T FEEL BAD JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH" or something really awkward like that. 

Wait. Did you not get the email then? Wisconsin is all sorts of confusing this year.

I'm also genuinely shocked to hear anything even remotely positive as my SOP for them was such a hack job. Rereading it now, it was pretty clearly a condensed version of something that made more sense. I guess they got the gist.

Wait. Did you not get the email then? Wisconsin is all sorts of confusing this year.

I'm also genuinely shocked to hear anything even remotely positive as my SOP for them was such a hack job. Rereading it now, it was pretty clearly a condensed version of something that made more sense. I guess they got the gist.

Nope, no email.

Sorry :/ This whole thing is so painful I know. When she paused before telling me this information over the phone I blurted out "ITS OKAY DON"T FEEL BAD JUST TELL ME THE TRUTH" or something really awkward like that. 

Aww, don't worry about it. Thanks for the info, though. Seriously Madison has been so confusing about when and how (and if at all) they notify and with what.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Who knows with these things -- so don't lose heart.

Anyone heard anything from Rutgers?  I was just checking my online app and I want to say that the status changed from "In progress" or something like that to "No decision" but I also might just be hallucinating at this point...

And there are the Brown rejections... :(

They were not very classy, either! I am the person who quoted from the letter on the results board, haha. I don't get how any proficient speaker of English would think that it sounds good to say, "[we] did not approve your application for admission." They couldn't have said, I don't know, "select"? "Choose"? It's like they're actively trying to make us feel shitty. I am embracing the sour grapes part of me that says I didn't want to go to a school that is so ROOD to its applicants anyway.  B)

Anyone heard anything from Rutgers?  I was just checking my online app and I want to say that the status changed from "In progress" or something like that to "No decision" but I also might just be hallucinating at this point...

Nope nope nope, and I'm wondering when the heck we will hear! You just inspired me to check my online app, which also says "No decision." I'm almost positive that that's the same thing it has said every time I've visited, but I could be wrong.

They were not very classy, either! I am the person who quoted from the letter on the results board, haha. I don't get how any proficient speaker of English would think that it sounds good to say, "[we] did not approve your application for admission." They couldn't have said, I don't know, "select"? "Choose"? It's like they're actively trying to make us feel shitty. I am embracing the sour grapes part of me that says I didn't want to go to a school that is so ROOD to its applicants anyway. B)

Nope nope nope, and I'm wondering when the heck we will hear! You just inspired me to check my online app, which also says "No decision." I'm almost positive that that's the same thing it has said every time I've visited, but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U70oaQR6tKE&sns=em

Edited by ErnestPWorrell