Application/Acceptance 2012

tommy421

I still haven't hear anything from Boston University, Oregon State, or Boulder (Masters for all three). Other than a few PhD acceptances from CU, there doesn't seem to be much on the survey about any of these programs. Has anyone else heard anything? At this point not hearing anything seems to be bad news...

Is anyone familiar with funding at the Graduate Center/CUNY? I was accepted to the geography program, but no info on funding. Do they only accept as many students as they can fund, or will some admits be without funding?

So, I got into the geography MA program at Kentucky! So happy! It was the best one for me anyway, since I'm a social theory geek and the certificate in social theory looks rad. Very excited. However, still on the waiting list for funding. I'll survive somehow, though.

I am looking for advice on where to live, whether I should try to visit before I move, if they will be sending me more of an introduction to the program and the area after April 15, etc.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement, and I have my fingers crossed for everyone else.

So, I got into the geography MA program at Kentucky! So happy! It was the best one for me anyway, since I'm a social theory geek and the certificate in social theory looks rad. Very excited. However, still on the waiting list for funding. I'll survive somehow, though.

I am looking for advice on where to live, whether I should try to visit before I move, if they will be sending me more of an introduction to the program and the area after April 15, etc.

Thanks so much for all the encouragement, and I have my fingers crossed for everyone else.

imisscoffee, you should definitely come visit, we will show you a good time. Let the director know and he will try and find someone for you to stay with, although you should definitely come soon. It really is the place to be if you are into social theory. I don't know if you were given a deadline to make a decision, but I think they want all decisions made by April 15, so I wouldn't hold out for info to come after that. If there is anything you need to know, be sure to contact the director of graduate studies. Good luck.

khammond: Woo hoo! See you there?

es0terick: I am from Binghamton (so is Rod Serling!) - the school has a lot of great faculty, and the campus has lovely walking trails. The rivers and hills are beautiful, as well as the architecture. It's slightly warmer and snowier than Buffalo, from what I can tell. The place has an interesting industrial history. I was but a young punk rock girl when I moved away from there, so I can't tell you too much about culture there these days. Have fun if you decide to go.

tommy241: Going to send ya a quick PM...

Just got my acceptance letter to UK this morning! Also looking to come visit soon. Anyone have any suggestions for possible places to live out there?

If you want to live near campus, you can either live in one of the apartment buildings over on Virginia Avenue (lots of noisy undergrads, though), look for an efficiency/room share on one of the streets off of Euclid Avenue or try graduate student housing. Most of the available houses for next academic year have already been leased. There are plenty of cheap options further away from campus, but commuting can be a nightmare and they are not always terribly nice. For any more information, just let me know.

If you want to live near campus, you can either live in one of the apartment buildings over on Virginia Avenue (lots of noisy undergrads, though), look for an efficiency/room share on one of the streets off of Euclid Avenue or try graduate student housing. Most of the available houses for next academic year have already been leased. There are plenty of cheap options further away from campus, but commuting can be a nightmare and they are not always terribly nice. For any more information, just let me know.

Thanks for the advice!

imisscoffee: hope so! :)

Hi all,

Did anyone apply to the joint program in Geography between University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University? A decision has still not been made and I becoming restless :) .

Please someone let me know if you are waiting for the same.

Thanks

Im in Geography in University of Waterloo now, but Im not applying the master program. One of my friends is still waiting for the decision too. You can definitely ask the secretary. she will tell u ur application status.

Cheeers