Application/Acceptance 2012

tommy421

Got a rejection letter from Clark. At least this time it was a real letter instead of just a two sentence email that I got two years ago. They said I had, "fine qualifications," whatever that means.

Also, for other Kentucky applicants, admissions committee met this week and are meeting again next Monday to finalize everything. They want to have all the decisions out before AAG starts so that they can meet up with admitted students at the conference.

FYI- if anyone applied to Wisconsin, you're likely in for a rude surprise. Small talk around the department is that they've only admitted a few students, most of whom are already working in the department. They're rejecting pretty much everyone this year. Sad.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance from Washington? I saw one posted in the results survey, as well as some rejections. I haven't heard anything from them yet, and am wondering what kind of notification they sent. Debating whether all decisions have been made and I'm just waiting for a human to send me an email, or perhaps I'm on a waiting list!

Man, I need make like imisscoffee and ban myself from the results board. While I haven't heard anything from anywhere, each acceptance sends a pain to my stomach. I keep seeing the survey listing Brown/Rice/Arizona/UNC-CH/Maryland. What does that even mean? Did someone get 5 emails from 5 schools on January 31st 2011 (last year?), all acceptances? That would be the best day ever.

I'm still holding out hope that I get 5 acceptances on Tuesday.

Ha. I am not supposed to be checking but I have been. I think that one was a mess up, right above it is practically the same post but with North Carolina alone.

Anyone else hear back from Clark? Got put on their waitlist, so I guess it means more waiting for me.

Also I remember reading on the UNC geography website (before they changed it), that they do rolling admissions. So the posted acceptance doesn't necessarily mean that all acceptances have been sent out.

It's tough, the waiting game...

Got an email last Monday that I would hear from Kentucky "within a week." Looks like tomorrow is the end of that time period so fingers are crossed!

They are meeting again tomorrow to finalize decisions, so I would say Tuesday at the earliest.

Waiting on Georgia (Athens). Anyone else apply there? Looks like a great program to me. I'm also sort of waiting on KY, but I didn't actually get my completed application in until last week. Their website seems to indicate that they take applications on an ongoing basis, so I'm not sure whether or not I still have a shot there.

I'm also in the bunch of Berkeley/Clark rejects.