I didn't think waiting would be this hard.

imisscoffee

I feel you all! I thought getting all of the applications in was the tough part. LOL Ah, what a fool I was...

It's SO frustrating to see everyone getting responses already from their schools, yet all of my schools like to keep me in suspense apparently. Even the ones with December 1st deadlines. Is that legal? LOL >.<

Good luck to you, SLC-LV! My fingers are crossed for you!

Glad to know that I am not the only one!

Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea what time departments usually call? I mean at what time should I figure "no calls today, maybe tomorrow"?

My partner has also pulled down the curtain over any discussion about if/when/did/they/accept/deny graduate school talk AND has strongly suggested more than once that I stop frequenting this forum.

But...but.....but........

My SO also doesn't get the obsession. Most of our conversations go something like this:

"Why are you on that forum? There's nothing you can do about it now, so why don't you just relax?"

"BECAUSE I CAN'T, THAT'S WHY!"

I have taken to minimizing TGC whenever he walks by so that I don't have to feel quite so ashamed for my addiction...... That can't be a good sign.

Glad to know that I am not the only one!

Speaking of which, does anyone have an idea what time departments usually call? I mean at what time should I figure "no calls today, maybe tomorrow"?

I think it is safe to assume calls and emails are received between the hours of 9am and 5pm. We may be compulsively checking our email for results, but faculty has a life, and by 5pm they are going home to have dinner!

If I got one nickle for each time I check my email, I would be rich by now!!!

Every time I "hear" a new message, I must immediately stop whatever I am doing to check my computer for the inevitable junk message. And I have taken to checking for the mail to see if it has come at the front door.

Talk about it- a month or two ago I would never have thought waiting would be harder than running around getting the requirements and composing SOPs and Personal Statements. So a few days ago my application to my top school was 'Under Committee Review' and now it's 'Awaiting Program Decision'. No word of an interview. I know there's still a slim chance while there is no official word yet, but I don't have a good feeling at all. I think I will wait for the inevitable email instead of checking the website every day and worrying myself about what's happening to it. Good thing the Australian Open is there to semi-distract me!

You are all amazing! Hang in there. This is exactly what I was talking about:

Talk about it- a month or two ago I would never have thought waiting would be harder than running around getting the requirements and composing SOPs and Personal Statements.

My BF's was like "Why do you like that place so much?"

"Because I feel less crazy there."

I'm not sane these days. I go out and get a cup of coffee with my friends and I'm constantly refreshing my inbox and never letting go of my cellphone. Of course, I tend to make something up (I'm waiting for a phone call, I have to reply to some e-mails etc.), but I'm just checking out my inbox and posting things like I'M GOING CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY all around this place.

Somehow it makes me happy. And less homicidal.

Edited by wlkwih2

YES IT IS I WANT TO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW! Have you seen the new BBC Sherlock series??? Very sexy, a must see, and there are six episodes, so it will keep you busy for a few nights! The trailer does NOT do it justice so I won't even bother posting it.

If it's this bad now, I wonder what I'll be like in February! :(

I still remember it was first week of January, and there were no signs of F12 replies for Computer Science. And within the last 2 weeks its almost 200+ replies I guess. This is driving me crazy, why is everyone else having an early reply and not me? :(

Edited by kaeser

YES IT IS I WANT TO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW! Have you seen the new BBC Sherlock series??? Very sexy, a must see, and there are six episodes, so it will keep you busy for a few nights! The trailer does NOT do it justice so I won't even bother posting it.

I'm the biggest fan. I watched the last episode with my friends and we're still developing conspiracy theories about it. :D

That's pretty awesome, especially since I love the Raven. Have you heard of the new movie coming out?

OMG that looks so freaking awesome -- if I weren't lying in my bed under four layers of blankets I would be jumping up and down squealing like a 13-year-old girl.

POE!!!!!

Thanks for bringing it to my attention, @spinrah. :D

Edited by bespeckled