The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

No communication here, also. The mixture of disappointment, pessimism, and a teeeeesy bit of hope is driving me crazy. I can't go twenty minutes without checking my e-mail.

Same here.

I get the feeling that quite soon the title of this thread might become literal.

I think I might crack soon and start contacting schools myself soon.

Same here.

I get the feeling that quite soon the title of this thread might become literal.

I think I might crack soon and start contacting schools myself soon.

Same. At least the schools that I know have sent out some acceptances...

I am absolutely dying too. My safety has given me an acceptance, but with only 30 days to accept or decline, and since mail takes about a week to send, that means I’ll need to mail out my decision in just over a week.

Could you ask for an extension? I was told the same thing but thought that the other decisions might take longer so I emailed them, told them that I understand that many students apply and they didn't have to give me an extension but could they please? They extended my deadline "indefinitely" and were the most accommodating postgrad admissions office ever. The only delay in it was the school being 6 hours ahead of me .

This is my second year applying, and last time I didn't get all of my rejections until April... So, you know, take some deep breaths and get used to it.

(Which is not to imply that I'm not also miserably waiting)

This is my second year applying, and last time I didn't get all of my rejections until April... So, you know, take some deep breaths and get used to it.

(Which is not to imply that I'm not also miserably waiting)

that is one harsh pill to swallow

I got my first notification today. An acceptance to a masters program at my safety school. No word yet on funding though. Still, it's nice to get things rolling with a positive response.

congrats!

I'm definitely getting on the crazier side - finally have a day off work and it's much harder when I have free time! I know I still have a couple weeks for most, and I'm not totally off my rocker because I did get good news from two places, but... I haven't heard anything about funding from either two, and my Maryland acceptance doesn't feel official (as it was practically a footnote in an email). So of course I'm starting even to doubt that I've heard from those schools too! Yes, I am really good at self-doubt.

Come oooooooon and give us some news, people!

I'm definitely getting on the crazier side - finally have a day off work and it's much harder when I have free time! I know I still have a couple weeks for most, and I'm not totally off my rocker because I did get good news from two places, but... I haven't heard anything about funding from either two, and my Maryland acceptance doesn't feel official (as it was practically a footnote in an email). So of course I'm starting even to doubt that I've heard from those schools too! Yes, I am really good at self-doubt.

Come oooooooon and give us some news, people!

I've become an internet troll now ... I hope the schools are happy

I've become an internet troll now ... I hope the schools are happy

I know - look what they've done to us! I also get paranoid that they all know I'm on here and read my posts... and then I get super paranoid and get worried that someone from Maryland sees that I got all excited for my semi-official acceptance and will take it back out of spite.

Maybe this whole process is some kind of horrible conspiracy to make the US's "best and brightest" into simpering puddles of crazy goop. Serves us right for wanting higher education!

I know - look what they've done to us! I also get paranoid that they all know I'm on here and read my posts... and then I get super paranoid and get worried that someone from Maryland sees that I got all excited for my semi-official acceptance and will take it back out of spite.

Maybe this whole process is some kind of horrible conspiracy to make the US's "best and brightest" into simpering puddles of crazy goop. Serves us right for wanting higher education!

I blame the liberal media and the vast right wing consipracy!

Thanks.

Unfortunately, just a few minutes ago I got a rejection from my dream school.

Boo. The lord giveth and the lord taketh away... Sorry dude! At least you got good news first so you don't only have the rejection...

Thanks.

Unfortunately, just a few minutes ago I got a rejection from my dream school.

That's the beauty of dreams ... they can be rewritten ... that "othe" school is now officially your nightmare school and let us look for ways to slander AND libel said instutiton ... I'll start ... I hear their dorms were purposefully infected with bedbugs ... good thing you avoided that hell hole

That's the beauty of dreams ... they can be rewritten ... that "othe" school is now officially your nightmare school and let us look for ways to slander AND libel said instutiton ... I'll start ... I hear their dorms were purposefully infected with bedbugs ... good thing you avoided that hell hole

my rollercoaster of good and bad news continues!

my safety school has offered me funding! now at least i have somewhere i can DEFINITELY go!

Now i'm expecting a rejection from another school within minutes....

Edited by We regret to inform you

my rollercoaster of good and bad news continues!

my safety school has offered me funding! now at least i have somewhere i can DEFINITELY go!

Now i'm expecting a rejection from another school within minutes....

We'll add those rejecting schools to the list of those whom we shall burn in effigy! I have seen too many 3rd world "death to America" news segments not to know how to do this. I got you!

Oh man. Wish I was that close (geographically) to my POIs.

I wish. I'm quite literally on the other side of the world. This will be when I visit the US to check out programs in a little over a month. And no reply either, so now I feel like I'm in high school and have texted a crush who won't text back....

Could you ask for an extension? I was told the same thing but thought that the other decisions might take longer so I emailed them, told them that I understand that many students apply and they didn't have to give me an extension but could they please? They extended my deadline "indefinitely" and were the most accommodating postgrad admissions office ever. The only delay in it was the school being 6 hours ahead of me .

Fortunately, as of this morning it's no longer necessary! I received an official acceptance from a good program with full funding this morning and can cross my safety school off my list for good :) I'll be mailing them to decline the offer today. Now that I've at least got one official response the waiting seems bearable, even though 2/3 I'm waiting on are my top choices. I'm very eager to (hopefully) get the official letter from Windsor so I can compare soon!