The Silence is Killing Me!

abrayto1

I don't which one is worse : a quick rejction or a long time-waited one?

a long drawn out rejection sucks if it is your only option left because then you have to quickly move to options B,C,D, etc and had you known it wasn't going to happen you might have been able to move onto better options with more time to work on them.

Oh, I just realized it's President's Day, so of course there's no mail. Sigh... probably not getting any news today then...

Surprisingly no all schools give today off (damn American-hating, late sipping, prius driving, communists!) but yes no snail mail because our noble United States Postal Service, broke as they are, need another day off to accrue more debt. HOORAY!

And I am not entering politics into this thread I just want to see someone go .... postal

And yes I am not ashamed of that pun ... sue me people ... I'm clearly bored

Yeah my undergrad never gave us off bank holidays. But no mail :( I work in a bar right now, so I tend to forget days and stuff like that. I basically just know based on our drink specials and whether or not it's Sunday for mail, ha.

I'll forgive the pun, because it would have been sad not to use that opportunity.

Yeah my undergrad never gave us off bank holidays. But no mail :( I work in a bar right now, so I tend to forget days and stuff like that. I basically just know based on our drink specials and whether or not it's Sunday for mail, ha.

I'll forgive the pun, because it would have been sad not to use that opportunity.

bank holidays?!?!?!? what are you a Brit?!??!?! We call them Federal holidays over here limey! ;)

bank holidays?!?!?!? what are you a Brit?!??!?! We call them Federal holidays over here limey! ;)

Ha. We don't call them that? I spent the past five years abroad, and I kinda forget some of the phrases... like how I feel weird saying "college" instead of "uni/university"

Ha. We don't call them that? I spent the past five years abroad, and I kinda forget some of the phrases... like how I feel weird saying "college" instead of "uni/university"

Good LORD! What have they done to you?!?!?

I am absolutely dying too. My safety has given me an acceptance, but with only 30 days to accept or decline, and since mail takes about a week to send, that means I’ll need to mail out my decision in just over a week.

Meanwhile, I’ve been recommended for admission to one of my higher-up choices, but need to wait until mid-March for the official acceptance, and since it’s not official until I get that letter, in the meantime I’m terrified I’m going to be rejected after coming so close.

I finally emailed all the programs I haven’t heard from on Monday asking for a status update as I need to get back to this first offer. I’ve heard back from one so far, which nearly gave me a heart attack. I made it through the first review and they’ll be sending out offers THIS WEEK. I’ve got a feeling I’m not going to get anything, then I’ll have to spend the next month and a half wondering if I’m waitlisted or rejected. The other schools haven’t given me a peep.

Edited by PTPS

I am absolutely dying too. My safety has given me an acceptance, but with only 30 days to accept or decline, and since mail takes about a week to send, that means I’ll need to mail out my decision in just over a week.

Meanwhile, I’ve been recommended for admission to one of my higher-up choices, but need to wait until mid-March for the official acceptance, and since it’s not official until I get that letter, in the meantime I’m terrified I’m going to be rejected after coming so close.

I finally emailed all the programs I haven’t heard from on Monday asking for a status update as I need to get back to this first offer. I’ve heard back from one so far, which nearly gave me a heart attack. I made it through the first review and they’ll be sending out offers THIS WEEK. I’ve got a feeling I’m not going to get anything, then I’ll have to spend the next month and a half wondering if I’m waitlisted or rejected. The other schools haven’t given me a peep.

can't you expedite the mail?

can't you expedite the mail?

I'm sending from Singapore to Canada so there's no real process for speeding it up that costs less than $50, and even then it's 3 days minimum and it could still be stopped in customs. The joys of applying from around the world...

I'm sending from Singapore to Canada so there's no real process for speeding it up that costs less than $50, and even then it's 3 days minimum and it could still be stopped in customs. The joys of applying from around the world...

don't the schools have exceptions for international applicants?

ok,

i applied for a masters scholarship for international students in Switzerland last December. the applications was by post. although the usual applications are online but the scholarship thing was by post because usual applications don't start till January.

the international affairs unit of the university is in charge and they were really helpful.

i sent a mail last month to ask about the decisions and the lady replied me

"We have received your application form and you have to wait till the end of March for our decision".

i also wrote to a professor a few days after i sent my application and he replied

"That sounds good!

I look forward to meeting you in next autumn"

i know march is not far away but i was thinking of writing a secretary in the department to find out more.

or maybe write one of the international affairs staff personally.

i cant call because the rates are too expensive and by the way my french isn't good enough.

i have a feeling decisions have been made but why can't they just tell me.

its painful waiting and imagining a lot of MAYBE's.

its hard to concentrate at work,

everyday i check the university's website, Facebook students page.........

Don't know what to do.

Edited by emeF

ok,

i applied for a masters scholarship for international students in Switzerland last December. the applications was by post. although the usual applications are online but the scholarship thing was by post because usual applications don't start till January.

the international affairs unit of the university is in charge and they were really helpful.

i sent a mail last month to ask about the decisions and the lady replied me

"We have received your application form and you have to wait till the end of March for our decision".

i also wrote to a professor a few days after i sent my application and he replied

"That sounds good!

I look forward to meeting you in next autumn"

i know march is not far away but i was thinking of writing a secretary in the department to find out more.

or maybe write one of the international affairs staff personally.

i cant call because the rates are too expensive and by the way my french isn't good enough.

i have a feeling decisions have been made but why can't they just tell me.

its painful waiting and imagining a lot of MAYBE's.

its hard to concentrate at work,

everyday i check the university's website, Facebook students page.........

Don't know what to do.

Do you know any other students there by any chance?